Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Interests

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/24 18:13:57 )
Not entirely positive where this should go, but I'm going to put it over here since it's a legit concern of mine.
Over the years I have taken up a lot of interests that are vaguely hipster. A lot of them are either obscure or just incredibly weird. Whenever I talk about those interests though, I feel like I'm being pretentious for liking those things. Like a lot of my favorite songs are from obscure musicals like Lestat the Musical: Die Young, Live Forever, or Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, or Matilda. In my head I know that I like those songs simply because I like them, but there's another tiny little voice that says I only like those musicals because it makes me seem interesting. Some of my favorite drinks, snacks, foods, are a lot of things from overseas. Do I like them because I like them or because it makes me cool?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 02:40:37 )
Had a friend several years ago, she'd mock me for pretty much all my interests. Claiming what I said in my first post, that I just like things to be weird or out there on purpose. We aren't friends anymore, it was a mutually toxic friendship there at the end. Every once and a while when I'm at my lowest I think about those things she said to me.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 02:46:26 )
I think as you get older you care less and less about what other people think of you. It's ok to have interests that are cheesy or hipster, it's even ok to like the fact that they make you seem interesting. Just like what you like :)

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.