Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries Inktober themes

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 02:46:40 )
@dreamer676: Hey, at least you're liking the inking and sketching part! But I'm sorry, I know how it is when it falls flat after inking. I'm sure the dip pen will help a lot. So you're finishing the pieces, rather than just doing inking?

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/5 15:31:33 )
@roseywitch: kind of both tbh. I was doing the lineart then thought it needed something but crappily/ quick copic was not it tbh. I have now bought a dip pen and suddenly everything seems better lol. And I've skipped worrying about colouring

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 09:36:57 )
@dreamer676: Ahhhh I see, at least the dip pen is great. I'll have to get myself one someday. LOL But I think that's good! that way you can just focus on the lining itself. Plus getting a dip pen I bet you want to experiment with it.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/6 13:51:07 )
@roseywitch: to be fair getting a dip pen is something that was on one of my recommended art supplies for college, but I just never ended up getting one. Now I kinda feel like I should have done ages ago. Though I used to draw/ink with fountain pen and it is kind of similar, except the one I bought came with a few different nibs to play with. And you're right I do want to experiment with it which is helping me stay motivated to keep drawing. Though from when I have played with it alongside colour I don't think copic's like the ink I'm using very much :vanora_cry:

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/7 00:24:59 )
@dreamer676: Ahh really??? But I mean, hey, at least you had a fountain pen at the time. Also, it's better to have something later than never. But oh man. :vanora_cry: That's always the worst. Thankfully there IS ink that won't get weird when using copics. It sucks, though, that you buy the fountain pen but the ink you have doesn't react well with the copics. Is it the one that came with the fountain pen? Or did you buy it separately?

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 13:01:49 )
@roseywitch: Its an ink I already had. Its Indian ink. I'm sure there is ink you can buy that is okay to use with copics and things but i'm not sure what its called.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 22:55:00 )
@dreamer676: Ah! I see! I think there are alcohol proof inks. I just looked it up, and there's Copic Multiliners, which are made for Copics.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 23:07:17 )
@roseywitch: sorry I meant like bottled. I have faber castell and uni-pin mulitliners that work with copics just fine, but I wondered if I could get one that would work with a dip pen.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 03:29:22 )
@dreamer676: AH!!! I see. Huh, I'm sure there would be. I just looked it up and it said Pelikan ink works well with copics?

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/14 18:56:43 )
@roseywitch: ooo never heard of them, I'll have to look them up. ty

Donator — Easterbun Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/14 19:14:23 )
@dreamer676: May I suggest looking up the 30 day sketchbook challenge?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 09:43:15 )
@dreamer676: You're welcome! ;u; I hope what I read was right! Haha

20-Lesbian
I'm randomly active bc of anxiety!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.