Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat New iPhone 8

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/24 09:53:51 )
@Shamrock Shamus: That's ok. I'm just trying to have a conversation about it.

Donator — nyan? Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/24 11:20:56 )
I've never used an iPhone. I really want to try one, but its 100% not in my price range. hell, I'm still using a Samsung Galaxy S4. It's so worn out and slow, I hate it. :vanora_huff:

sell me rigs please♥

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/24 11:32:34 )
@Neko: I understand that not everyone can afford the newest phone. If you do replace your current one have you looked into what you would get? There are lots of smart phones at different prices now.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/24 11:56:57 )
@Shamrock Shamus: try oneplus 3t
Faster than s7
As smooth as s7
Charge faster than s7
Anddd half the price of s7

The only con is you get a better camera with samsung
But oneplus camera isnt bad at all.. Its still better than pixel & LG for me

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/24 12:07:22 )
I want like a samsung galaxy s6....or whichever was the last one without that weird curved screen.

Those are really good. Or the One Plus or whatever it's called....it's as good or better than high tier samsung for a lot cheaper.

And considering the newest iPhone is going to cost almost 1k....that thing needs to be good enough to run everything for like at least 5 years if not 10....and Apple expects you to upgrade sooner than that.

So yeah. But whatever floats your boat. You need to be happy with the price and what you get out of it :3

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/24 22:50:49 )
@Yokuutsu: never knew samsung had curved screens? Then again I haven't been up to date. Latest I know without the edgeless is s7, which is great I've heard.
@Totalanimefan: Honestly I'll side with Shamus on this one xP though maybe I'll express my opinion in a uhhh...nicer way. I guess I never liked the hype over apple. I tend to dislike everything mainstream. Never been the one to follow the herd <:') I know people hype over Samsung as well but I'll get to that. My dad has an iPhone given by the place he works at, so I've had contact. I'm just not comfortable with my only means of going back being ONE button down in the middle. Just...no. Haha. I like Samsung as I feel I have more control over it and the applications. (And iPhones really are overpriced, especially here in Romania <:') For an example, how people think the new iPhone is really expensive at $999, think about us. They screwed up the converted prices, added tax something something yadda yadda and haha guess what it's literally, $7500 here. whICH IS A HELLA LOT LIKE UM NO stupid currency differences.)

Changing the subject, my S3 hit the hay a while ago but my samsung tablet's still going strong. But talking on an 8 inch tablet in public isn't uhhhh...the most practical. Then my teachers complain I don't hear my phone, lol. Like girls barely get pants with actual pockets, ya think I'll even find some that fit the goddamn thing in my pocket? hELL NAW. So yeah definitely need a new phone.

All in all, who needs iPhones or Samungs? NOKIA 3310 WAS THE SHIT CASE CLOSED.
I legit had a 3D game on it. And somehow yes, yes I did manage to break the screen. (Well not me. 2 of my friends made me drop it on concrete and gone it was <:') but it still worked!) Another good phone I had that was wayback when touch screens were barely out was an LG. Had a really cool game on it with many pets! It was really great. Miss it. The touchscreen doesn't work all that well on it nowadays but bOY I wish. I'd be playing that thing all day.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/24 23:11:25 )
@Totalanimefan: nah I don't like the look of the SE. The only problem with my 5c is it's only 8gb :/ if and when I do get a new one it will be either the 6 or 7, since I like to buy my phones outright rather than have a contract.

I like Apple products because they're simple and work much cleaner than android products imo. I've had a bunch of Android phones and none of them have lasted as long or fit me as much as my iPhone. I have a Samsung tablet and it's doing well, especially considering it's like 5 years old, but for phones I'd rather stick with Apple.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/24 23:14:40 )
@Yokuutsu: I didn’t get that one because it’s too expensive for me. I got the 8, which is $699 but I also used an employee discount and traded in my old phone. So it cost me about $350. Apple also supports their hardware for 5-ish years.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/24 23:15:22 )
@sunny: i agree with you as well
I mean, dad's iPhone takes AMAZING pics and videos, the camera is just. wOOh.
...my tablet on the other hand, on the topic of pictures...yeah let's not talk about that x'D (the camera is low, haha)

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/24 23:18:01 )
@Emypony: like I said before I don’t mind if people like different things. I am allowed to say why I like things, and for people to have a conversation about it. I like when people talk about what they like.
The X is more, however that’s not the only new phone this year. Mine was $699 new, but I didn’t get it for that much. And I also learned yesterday that Samsung’s newest phone is more lol I was shocked.
And I do like the Pixel phone, HTC and Huwawei tend to have good phones too.
People should go for whatever phone works for them and fits their budget.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/24 23:22:06 )
@sunny: oh that is really small. I’m glad that apple phones start at 32gb or 64gb now. Have you thought about looking at a refurbished phones? I remember my first iPhone lasting 3 years and the software was fine, still snappy but the home button was starting to only work have the time. ^^; this phone I’m probably going to have until 2020 lol
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/27 12:20:12 )
@Emypony: the edgeless is what I'm talking about. It's curved. Means you can't get a screen protector for it....I want screen protectors D:

@Totalanimefan: With how much their stuff costs, it needs to have way better stuff in it or last for way longer....and it doesn't from what I've seen .-. So that stuff just isn't for me lol

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.