Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2020 Event Hangout: ~page prizes!~ RNG prizes ~ Come Chat- all welcome!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 21:35:41 )

@Wildfire: It worked out for my brother mainly :) He got a cat, a stray. We had to take her to the vets to check if she was chipped (she isn't) (it's the law to microchip your pets in UK so she doesn't have an owner) and they thought she might be pregnant, but she isn't. So my brother is keeping her. Her name is Zelda :)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 21:35:57 )
0v7:
T_T just had a mild panic when my cat knocked over my $400 graphics tablet. The tablet's fine, I'm just mildly upset because my cat insists on being on my desk when she's not supposed to

Oh! I just saw this - I can imagine having at least a small panic attack for this!! Silly kitty!! XD I'm glad the tablet is ok... but cats must be cats.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 21:36:51 )
"The future must know where you've been."

@Wildfire: It seems to be alright, despite being knocked backwards. I've got a stress headache now though @_@

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 21:37:45 )
@sunny: Oh, that could make for a chaotic day! I'm glad it worked out well for everyone though - including kitty!!
Microchipping just makes sense, imo - but it's not required for pets here.
so what are you up to now? - anything interesting?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 21:39:31 )
@0v7: Tablet = good. Your head, not good?! That doesn't seem like a fair trade! I'm really glad your tablet is ok, but I'm sorry to hear about the headache (although it is understandable)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 21:39:46 )

@Wildfire: I am working on my new story right now, I am researching the history of an old Kingdom of England called Mercia, which was in central England, where I'm from :)

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 21:40:58 )

I wonder if I got Peaches microchipped when he had his spay/neuter/etc surgery.

@Wildfire: It'll go away soon probably :> I wonder if I should draw to test the pressure sensitivity, just to make sure it's completely fine :0

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 21:42:37 )
@sunny: Oh, that sounds cool on a number of levels! Good luck with the research and the new story!!

@0v7: If you're that concerned about it, then you should probably test it. But you should ask yourself whether testing and knowing is better than not knowing...??

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 21:43:24 )

@Wildfire: I'd find out sooner or later anyways - I use my drawing tablet a lot. I think it's fine, since the screen isn't cracked or anything... but it can't hurt to make sure! It'd suck to find out the hard way, I think :0

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 21:44:05 )
..................... I don't think it's physically possible for my youngest son to NOT SLAM the DOOR................. >.>

Remedial lessons might be in his future. Again.
... which I'm not looking forward to since the boy towers over me...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 21:45:19 )
@0v7: That sounds like a plan. Sometimes it's better to know beforehand; other times, not so much. It sounds like it was a hard fall - was it? Obviously, you're concerned about it to some degree

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 21:45:27 )

@Wildfire: thanks :) the story is actually a sci fi story, but it's based on an alternate reality where Mercia didn't get absorbed into the Kingdom of England, but remained separate past the 9th century. And there's a massive tear in time and space right in the middle of it.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 21:46:20 )

@Wildfire: I wish you luck with the door lessons!! It's hard to get kids to not slam things lol
The fall was loud enough to make my ears ring, so I'm like "aaa what if it's broken" even tho it looks fine >w>;

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 21:48:19 )

[sigh of relief] My tablet's okay! Pressure is working normally.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 21:48:40 )
@sunny: That sounds like fun!
I love the levels and layers of history that Europe has (and the US does not; at least not according to generally accepted, European-based perspective of history and colonization). We only go back a couple hundred years, obviously, so 900 years ago here would be ... ummm... very, very different

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 21:48:42 )

I'm glad your tablet is ok.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 21:49:48 )

@Wildfire: LOL yes. British history is one of my favourite rabbit holes to disappear down. The story is set in the present day though, but I need to know the history for worldbuilding etc :)

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 21:50:58 )
@0v7: I'm glad your tablet is ok!!

Slamming the door... *shakes head*... he does.not.get.it.at.all.and.I.don't.know.why!!! It's frustrating. The boy has woken me up from a deep slumber with his leaving the house...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 21:54:24 )
@sunny: I understand - and yeah, the more you understand, the better you can build that world for your readers!

We can only go back so far without delving in to completely different ideologies, ethnicities, etc., etc. It's a very different beast! (and I have lived in some of our oldest cities! After being in Rome, it's just... absolutely no comparison to the sheer depth of history that Europe has to offer... and again, at least not according to our current (euro-centric) understanding)

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/22 21:59:30 )

@Wildfire: Maybe ask him to take his time when shutting the door? I get that he might be in a hurry, but Also, it takes about 3-5 seconds to close a door quietly.

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.