Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Eye for Medicine

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 21:29:57 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate was silent, stunned for a moment.

"You are... amazingly perceptive." he said. "I was JUST about to say that if that's too rich for you, then that's all right." he told her.

"I mean, I know they're not exorbitantly expensive or anything, a buffet can reasonably only charge so much and continue to stay in business, but among buffets, they're up there." he reasoned.

"...but... I mean... well, if you're sure about this." he went on.

"Also, yeah, I remember where they are." he confirmed.

"It's... about a 10 minute walk from here, but there're a few weird twists and turns, considering we're walking." he said further. "Seems it's a lot simpler to drive there, but... well... don't own a vehicle." he added at the end.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 23:11:39 )

"I don't either, obviously." Lunet commented before nodding and pulling her phone out of her pocket as they walked. She dialed a number and pulled it up to her ear.

"Hey Jake," she greeted with a smile.

"I know you said you had today off, and I was wondering if you're in the area for campus?" She asked. "Was hping you could give me and a friend a lift to a restaurant for lunch."

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 23:31:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Actually... I am." Jake responded after a moment.

"Seriously, you caught me JUST as I was about to pull out of a drycleaner's parking lot." he told her. "Anya needed one of her dresses cleaned, and this one's the most reliable for... well, HER clothing, anyway." he went on.

"Where's your location?" he asked.

She responded, and he laughed a little.

"Wait... hold on a second..." he mumbled.

The two of them then heard a honking sound from a nearby car, and he looked to see someone waving at them from their vehicle across the road.

"Looks like that might be the one you just called." Nate said to Lunet.

"Your friend saw me." Jake confirmed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 23:34:51 )

Lunet just laughed.

"Awesome. We'll make our way over." she said with a wave before hanging up and carefully shoving her phone back into her pocket.

"Come on. We got a ride there." she said with a chuckle.

"His name's Jake, and he's pretty damned awesome." she added.

"Don't be surprised about spider decor though. His love is an arachnologist." She told him as they started to make their way over to the car.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 23:50:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah... got it." Nate replied, as they carefully crossed the road and made their way towards the car... where Nate could clearly see the 'spider decor' than Lunet had mentioned before.

"All right kids, get in." Jake said.

"Yo." he then greeted Nate, as they did so.

"Hello." Nate responded.

"Name's Jake." Jake introduced himself.

"Nathan. Or Nate." Nate replied.

"Cool." Jake said. "So where am I taking you guys, little missy?" he asked Lunet.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 23:53:19 )

"Ocean Oasis, if you'd be so kind." Lunet said with a smile as she buckled up.

"And thanks for this." She added.

"I don't have a problem with walking there, but... being blind, it's better to not." She commented with a chuckle.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/22 00:11:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Of course." Jake responded, as Nate buckled up as well. And then they were off.

The drive was only about 4 minutes or so, but in that short time, Nate seemed a little... uneasy. It was hard to tell if it was because of the spider theme in the vehicle, or something else, but he was definitely on-edge.

"No need to be on guard, kid." Jake said.

"Sorry." Nate responded, after snapping to attention.

"Just... lotta new things are happening right now for me." he said.

"Hm?" Jake mumbled, raising an eyebrow slightly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/22 00:19:42 )

"He wanted to go see if he could get work at a temp agency over lunch before I forced him to choose food instead." Lunet answered bluntly.

"He's thinner than me, and I don't eat much." She added.

"So I'm buying him lunch... And I think it's a new concept for him."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/22 00:55:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ahhh." Jake replied.

"I see, I see." he said.

"Well, get used to it, kid." he told Nate. "Lunet's just one of those people." he said. "You know... GOOD people." he clarified.

This managed to elicit a chuckle out of Nate.

"Okay, fair enough." he admitted, as Jake pulled up to the place in question.

"And we're here." the driver announced.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/22 00:58:28 )

"Thanks Jake." Lunet said with a grin, gratitude in her voice.

"I appreciate it. We'll probably just cab back for class after." She added as she undid her buckle.

"Say hi to Anya for me." was the last thing she said before climbing out.

"And thanks again!"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/22 01:14:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate climbed out as well, and nodded.

"Yes, thank you very much." he echoed.

"No worries." Jake responded.

"And I'll pass your message to Anya." he then told Lunet.

With that, they got out of the way, and Jake drove off, giving them a wave as he did so, but it was for Nate's sake, really.

"Seems like a nice guy." Nate commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/22 01:19:32 )

"He is. Jake's awesome." Lunet agreed with a nod.

"Now, lead thr way good sir. I do believe this is your location of choice." She added with a laugh as she stepped up and hooked an arm in his again, but also with her cane in hand. However, she wasn't swinging it around in front like usual, it was more so people realised that she was blind. Thr last thing either of them needed was for someone to abruptly step in the way or something.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/22 01:38:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, he blushed when she hooked her arm around his, but he led her into the place, where they were seated, each ordered the buffet, and drinks as well. When the sever left to get the drinks, Nate looked at Lunet.

"So... uh..." he stammered.

"Anything you think you want?" he asked.

"I just realised that it might be a bit difficult for you to navigate the buffet itself." he continued.

"Want me to go and grab you anything in specific?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/22 01:41:09 )

Lunet paused, having not even considered that.

"...... I hadn't even considered that." She admitted.

[normally the staff is accommodating for one like me though, so even if you weren't willing, I'm sure I'd be fine."[/b] She added before pausing.

" I... Hmmm... I really like chicken korma. But surprise me. I haven't had much in terms of Indian food so far."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/22 02:03:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Got it." Nate replied, as the server returned with their drinks.

"Will the lady be needing any assistance?" he asked.

"Not right now." Lunet responded. "My friend knows what to get me for now." she told him.

"Excellent." the server responded.

"Just get our attention if you DO need it." he finished, before heading off.

"...welp, when you're right, you're right." Nate commented.

"Anyway, I'll be back with food for us." he said, quickly going to do so, and returning with various things on his own place, and korma for Lunet... as well as some tandoori chicken as well.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/22 02:24:14 )

Lunet just laughed lightly as Nate said what he did before leaving. She'd been out for food with her dad and boyfriend enough that it really wasn't unknown to her.

"Wonder if he'd accept it..." She muttered before sighing lightly, intending to make sure he had some food to take home as well.

Suffice to say, she was a bit concerned, and it showed.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/22 02:38:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate hadn't heard her muttering, as she'd said it before he got back.

However, he did notice the slight concern in her expression.

"Hey." he said.

"...everything okay?" he asked.

"Is something wrong?" he asked further.

He was worried that he'd done something to possibly offend her or make her uncomfortable, and if so, he wanted to try and correct it ASAP.

If he could.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/22 02:57:54 )

Lunet just sighed.

"..... I was considering doing this without bringing it up, but honestly? I don't want you to reject it after I've already paid." She started, looking in his direction.

"If I bought an entree or two for you to take home.... would you even eat it?" She asked, her voice curious.

"If it'd just go into the trash, then I won't, but.... well, I want to help you get some proper food." She added.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/22 03:19:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate was... shocked, to say the least.

"I... I..." he stammered, before sighing.

"Right. I DO think it's strange that you're going to such lengths for... well, one could argue a stranger." he told her.

"...and I admit, that part of me would feel guilty about you spending that much money on me, more than you already are." he then admitted.

".....however, I also admit that my hunger and love of Indian cuisine would MASSIVELY overwhelm that." he continued.

"The trash seems like a blasphemous place for such generosity and food."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/22 03:29:11 )

"Good. I'll buy a couple entree's of your choice when we're getting ready to leave. You can take it home and have food for the next night or two." Lunet commented before sighing lightly.

"... how much do you need a month for your tuition, anyway?" She asked, knowing that it might be a bit much fo a question for the first date, so to speak, but she wanted to know. He'd said that he was doing those temp jobs primarily for tuition, or at least that's what she got from it earlier, so she wanted to know.

"And what ARE you in school for, anyway?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.