Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Crystal Core

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/9 02:39:10 )

Izea nodded.

"Yeah, of course." She said simply as she followed him.

"Just tell me what to do, and I can do it." She added. "Not a problem." She paused here though.

"So yeah. Anything you need, lemme know how to deliver."

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/9 03:00:11 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

They went to one of the rooms there, where her measurements were taken, her weight was taken, some basic questions were asked, and she was then asked to manipulate her mana.

Which she did by creating a fireball in her hand.

"Well, then." he said.

"Very rare that one such as yourself has mana." he commented.

"Now... your ears." he went on.

"Specifically, the parts that look like they were injured. They appear to have healed over in a rather... interesting way." he continued.

"Do you have any idea why?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/9 03:03:39 )

Izea just sighed lightly.

"Got in a fight a few years back." She told him honestly.

"Tore a chunk out in that, and this is just how it healed." She paused slightly before shrugging.

"It's how it became apparent I'm a mage, even. Well, to others. I've always known."

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/9 03:25:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Huh. I see." he replied.

"Interesting." he commented, writing it down.

"We may want to do some further tests, see if we can learn anything about them." he told her.

"For now, do they hurt?" he asked.

"Or have you noticed any sort of complications with them?" he asked further, as he started to get the device ready to check her blood pressure.

"Also, you right or left handed?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/9 03:58:02 )

"the only issue with that," Izea started, "is the glow when I'm trying to hide." She added after a moment.

"as for handedness," she paused. "Right, but losing feeling to it, so I'm forcing myself to become left handed."

"Not sure why, but ... well... it's a thing. apparently it's a trait of my family, as my mother had the same thing happen to her, along with my uncle."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/9 04:21:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." he was silent as he heard that.

"Firstly, duly noted about the hiding." he said.

"Secondly, we're going to do some scans and x-rays on your arm." he told her, as he fitted her 'off'-arm with the cuff.

"You might have a genetic inherited neurological condition, or perhaps a strange bone condition." he reasoned. "We'll need to try and cover the three major bases; nerves, bones, and muscles." he went on.

"Try and at least eliminate some possibilities." he told her, pumping the cuff and getting the number.

"...seems relatively normal." he commented.

"And, given the lifestyle I've heard you've been forced to live, you're actually in quite decent shape." he complimented her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/9 04:23:51 )

"Worst of it, from what I know, is that I'm just malnourished." Izea told him honestly.

"The arm sucks, but ... well, it ain't killing me, so I can deal with it." She then said simply.

"But I'll cooperate with any tests or whatever on it all." She paused. "I admit, I am curious as to what the hell is going on with it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/9 04:41:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"We'll try and find out." he replied.

"As for your being malnourished, having access to proper food here should do wonders for that." he told her. "However, we'll test your blood to see if you're particularly low on any vitamins or minerals, and get you on a course of supplements to try and get you back up to par." he went on.

After about 35 minutes or so, he was finished all he needed, and was making sure he had all that would be needed in the future.

"Right then." he said.

"I think we're done here for now." he told her.

"Oh, and I should probably properly introduce myself." he then chuckled.

"Name's Nathan. Call me 'Nate'."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/9 04:44:28 )

"Yo. A name is lovely." Izea commented with a laugh.

"As you know, I'm Izea." She added.

"I'm sure we'll see each other again." She continued.

"I ain't plannin' on leaving the building, nevermind anything else."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/9 05:07:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Understandable." Nate replied.

"Hmmm..." he mumbled, checking through the paperwork.

"We should have your tests back soon, and we'll see if anything more needs to be done." he told her.

"For now, I think a generic multivitamin might be best for you to take. At least once a day." he went on. "It can't hurt. And we'll tailor more specifics when we can." he continued.

"I'll grab a bottle for you." he offered, before pausing.

"And we generally have two different kinds. The chalky ones that just disintegrate in your mouth, or gummies." he told her. "Got a preference?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/9 05:09:56 )

"Eh, not really" Izea admitted.

"But if I have to choose, gummies." She added after a moment.

"It really doesn't matter so much, though." She paused here.

"And good to know, on the rest."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/9 05:50:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Got it." Nate replied as they left the room. They made their way back to the lobby area, and he excused himself for a moment, saying he'd be right back. Sure enough, he was back within 3 minutes, and handed her a plastic jar.

"Here you go." he said.

"The multivitamin gummies." he commented.

"At least 1 a day, no more than 3." he told her.

"We'll call you back in when we get test results back." he went on. He then confirmed her room number, and nodded.

"All right, that's it, then." he confirmed.

"Was lovely to meet you, Izea." he told her with a sincere smile.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/9 05:52:32 )

"Thanks." Izea said as she accepted the gummies.

"And pleasure. I'm sure we'll see each other again." She added with a light laugh.

"For now, I'mma go explore the place." She paused a moment.

"Thanks again, and I'll catch ya later."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/9 06:20:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Bye for now!" Nate called to her as she left. As she turned, she saw him approaching someone else to deal with them, so things would go on pretty normally for the medical wing.

At least she'd learned that, despite her less-than-optimal lifestyle, she was still in reasonably good health. That was something.

But now, she had an entire building to explore and familiarise herself with. And from all she'd seen, there was a LOT to discover and map out.

But the buzzing in her ears seemed to always be prevalent.

Except when she was in her room, for some reason. It was odd.

But it was something she'd been dealing with all her life. It was nothing new for her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/9 07:29:32 )

A few weeks later, Izea was making her way down the stairs due to the elevator being out for some repairs. As she was walking, she didn't even really noticed the buzzing much anymore, it wasn't a huge issue. However, as a door above opened, she froze.

That wasn't a buzz.

It sounded like there were screams in the distance. Both screams of fear and the like, but also maniacal laughter sounding screams. It wasn't pleasant, at all.

As whatever the cause was neared, she had to bring her hands up to her ears, trying to silence what she heard. It was getting loud enough she was sure her ears were going to bleed.

And then everything went black.

The next thing the one that was approaching heard, was someone falling down the stairs.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/9 07:57:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...HOLY CRAP!" they exclaimed, when they managed to see who it was.

About 2 minutes later, as Nate and Angela were getting ready to do some inventory, they heard Levi's voice.

"Someone!" he exclaimed.

"Help!" he pleaded.

They medics looked at each other, before racing towards where they'd heard the voice, and saw Levi standing there... with an unconscious Izea in his arms.

And her right arm looked to be... not in good shape at all.

"Oh... my..." Nate said in a hushed tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/9 08:01:06 )

Angela was silent as she looked Izea over.

"Who the ehell was she fighting?" She asked. "Because... they did a real number on her." She added with a sigh.

"Lay her down." She added, motioning toward one of the free beds.

"Because there's no way that I can do anything with her in your arms."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/9 08:24:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Levi rushed Izea over to the bed and laid her down.

"She wasn't fighting anyone." he said.

"She just... I mean..." he muttered, before sighing.

"I was walking along, and trying my best to ignore their voices..." he started to explain. "...don't worry, I'm doing fine. I've had it worse..." he interjected with a reassurance for the medics. "...when I noticed that Izea was falling down the stairs, and she seemed unconscious while it was happening." he continued.

"So she was unconscious, which CAUSED the fall down the stairs." Nate summarised.

"That's what it seemed to me." Levi confirmed.

"Well, she must have hit every step in just the wrong way." Nate then muttered, looking at the goblin's busted arm.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/9 10:49:03 )

"I'll say." Angela commented with a sigh.

"Anyway, Levi, take off. We'll make sure she's patched up." She added.

After he was gone, her and Nate set to tending to the many injuries that Izea had sustained. Her arm was busted, and she had more bruises and lacerations (however, nothing seems serious) covering her than unmarred skin it looked. the worst part of it all though, was that it seemed that even if her shoulder properly healed... she'd have some mobility issues with it.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/9 21:44:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Damn it." Nate quietly cursed.

"It doesn't make sense." he said. "Even if she landed on her shoulder wrong every tumble down the stairs, it shouldn't be busted up THIS badly... should it...?" he asked Angela.

"I mean... I have NO experience in goblin physiology. Is this normal?" he wondered aloud, knowing full well she wouldn't be able to answer.

He then sighed and looked at Izea.

"...we'll have to be blunt with her when she wakes up." he said.

"She'll have plenty of questions, anyway." he lamented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.