Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk screaming at homework /vent

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/29 19:11:29 )

I'm just here to vent because DAFUQ IS THIS HOMEWORK I HAVE
for my Neuromuscular therapy class. We don't go over much bookwork stuff. Like, my instructor might spend an hour breaking down a chapter that we read for homework and its all just vague information. Mostly we're focused on the hands-on stuff. Actually massaging each other and doing stretch techniques and junk.

Then we get this 3 page packet to do for homework, due tomorrow.
I've spent 4 hours so far and I. cant. do. it.
I have never felt so uselessly confused. I mean, I've had some pretty shittily written tests, had to get tutoring because some were just so bad, and my instructor ended up eliminating questions because they weren't right. Incorrect answers or mistyped questions that cause us all grief on a normal basis.

BUT NONE MATCH THE HORRIBLY WRITTEN PACKET THAT IS THIS ONE. for me at least.

Its so friggin vague I don't even know what some of the questions are asking. They're written in a manner like they're quoting the book (and it DOES say which chapter, to narrow it down), but only maybe...2 of them so far actually had the quote in the book. The others don't match up, but they wont even be proper questions like this one I've stopped on
"The __ __ muscles are called __ __"
what
the chapter doesn't, at any point, mention a set of muscles that are called something. In the region of the body that the chapter is about, THERE IS NOTHING that I currently know of, that some set or category of muscles are called a two-worded THING.

WHAT DO YOU WANT, PAPER? USE YOUR WORDS

Then some seem redundant and repeat each other, but in more obnoxious wording. Like there's 3 separate questions that are coherent enough in asking "what are the deepest neck muscles?" phew, I understand what it wants. "what are the most superficial head stabilizers?" weirdly worded, but yes, I can figure this one out. "What are the intermediate head stabilizers?" Got it.
I answered these.
Then its like
"Most superficial are? The intermediate are? The deepest are? What are their movements?"

OK FIRST OF ALL
there ain't enough space to write answers to the last bit, cause each category has a few muscles or more, and many of these have multiple movement/actions. So what the fuck, give me essay space bish D<

SECONDLY WHY ARE YOU ASKING ABOUT MUSCLES LIKE AN IMPATIENT CHILD?? COMPLETE YOUR SENTENCES, WE'RE IN COLLEGE D<<<
And I already answered these questionssss why is it like this

I am learning ZILCH

*update
HAHAHAHAHH it was written for the previous version of this textbook, no wonder some of these questions are barely answerable
waiting until further decisions from instructor
I can finally rest

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/29 20:47:27 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Ooooooooof time to update questions to book edition

Put ya guns awn!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/29 20:50:27 )

@kitalpha hart:
honestly, I dont think I have had a single homework handout or a single test in this entire course that actually matched the current textbooks lol
this one is just the worst because it is specifically meant to quote the chapter

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/29 22:22:49 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Jolly: yikes, that isn't very useful

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/30 10:38:05 )
OooOoooo What major are you? I'm a graduate of physiotherapy :D
I feel ur pain
Ping to notiiicee!!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.