Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 11:56:23 )

Let's talk about the upcoming event items (NPCs Event).

I think it would be a great idea to have Ohms option for event items. Maybe like 10 Ohms per item. Why? I think it's good to have a lot of older rare items in circulation. It motivates new users to stay and give them hopes of obtaining older items. Not only that, but it will also help generate donations to the site and help fund upcoming projects. We can also make event items very cheap and affordable! <3 This will also help with inflation down the road, and I am always up with helping users obtain rare items.

Let me know what you think, post your opinions and comments below.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 12:47:56 )
This... makes complete sense.

I fully support this. I remember being a newer user on a couple sites, pining after an older item, but knowing I could never get because of how ridiculous the prices people were asking. They were impossible goals, and that was enough to prompt me to just give up on it, and likely the site too.

Having it that, even if it's a random grab bag where ANY of the items are possible, that's... honestly? I think it would help promote users to stay. Even if the first event items get to be harder to get because there are a lot of items in the grab bag/s... well... it would make them desireable.

Everyone loves to gamble sometimes. Lol.

And as Panda said, it would encourage people donating to the site to get the ohms for the items [or grab bags if that's how it's done].

I fully support any form of this~<3

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 12:52:38 )
@Lunakiri: That's a lovely idea too, or even a bundle with all event items! :D

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 13:02:11 )
@Panda: I dunno about ALL.
If only just because the 'chance' of getting the older desireable rares would help to promote sales and such.
It's the whole supply and demand thing.

If the supply is TOO small for the demand, things won't go well.

If the Supply is too high for the demand, it won't be fun for the userbase.

So I think the random factor really would be better, but that's just me.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 13:03:33 )
@Lunakiri: No, I mean just for this event. XD Not for future events.
I personally don't like re-release, it takes away the uniqueness and rarity away from older items.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 13:12:12 )
Oh! Lol.
All right then~

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 13:13:34 )
@Lunakiri: Is it me or the site is super super slow? T.T

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 13:44:32 )
It's a bit slow on my end too, but I was chalking that up to my Chrome eatin' up a bunch of my processor. XD
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — pancake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 14:09:59 )
I'm not sure about it simply because of the question of when will we stop? Will we always sell event items for ohms?
Because at some point it's just taking away from the activity, because people can just donate and be done with it. Which, after all, is the entire purpose of events-to generate more activity.
I understand that it's all good and well, people will donate more which will give the site more to work with... But if there aren't volties around to converse with and keep the site active, what's it for?

I'd also like to voice my opinion against RIGs for events. We already have that with the CIs. So unless the direction Fozzy wants to take with everything is RIG then sure. But sometimes things can get stale, you know?

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 14:20:29 )
@blinkini: I was thinking just this event. I personally have no trouble getting event items because I'm a pretty active user, I was thinking more for other users and of course to get some extra sets for the future and giveaways. Just an idea, they don't have to actually make it happen you know. We are pretty active for a new site, and I don't think it will take away the activities from the site, since most people rather not donate for items. I can see this as a problem in the future though, but not right now.

Donator — pancake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 14:23:29 )
@Panda: Then I can get behind it. Even just doing it for 6 months or a year? Depending on how many events we have. Because I'm sure we're going to have many, many more users in the future.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 14:25:52 )
@blinkini: Yeah, I wouldn't keep doing this all the time, it will defeat the purpose of having limited edition items XD In the future, we will have a lot of users, and there will be way too much items laying around.

Donator — pancake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 14:30:22 )
That's how I feel about certain events on other sites. On Ernya I was way too active during one of the pirate events and I had so many peg legs and bottles, they were coming out of my ears. On Sapherna I have at least 20 of each item from the Easter event a few years ago. Sometimes it's just too much.
But then you get to that point where something that was only 50 of whatever currency ends up being work 50k within a year. =/

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 14:37:24 )
@blinkini: OMG! Where were you when I was looking for easter items on Saph lmao XD
Haha I'm not on there anymore. Yeah, don't want to over do it, that can be bad too.

Donator — pancake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 14:42:45 )
@Panda: The one with the bunny skins and ears and junk? Because that's all I did. I never see people questing them, so I never try to get rid of them. Lol.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 19:48:01 )
As much as i would love to buy event item with ohms, i am against it

What is great about event item is it is an even playing field. The paying & non paying user working together to get as many event item as they can, thats what make it great.

If the event item can be bought with ohms, the paying user wont be as motivated to join the event, since they can just buy them with ohms.
The event item would also become lesser in value, which make it harder for the non paying user. Since events like these are what non paying active user could count on to get old stuffs they want.

If the main goal is to get as many event items in the system, then just make it easy to obtain them. But dont make them available with ohms

Donator — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 22:48:49 )
It sounds like an interesting idea! Event items are usually really low in circulation. Having an alternate way of getting them is something to be thought about.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 23:55:02 )
@Elithiya: I think you misunderstood it. It will be available in event currencies and an option for ohms, so you still can get them without spending any ohms at all.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/22 00:06:05 )
Perhaps the option to purchase event items is unavailable while the event is going on, and THEN for any users who wish to purchase event items for Ohms, it becomes available for a week or so?

I feel as if event items should be available via the respective events only, but if people can't get them during the event and it's over, and they're sad about the lack of availability, I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to donate to the site for it.

Donator — pancake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/22 00:31:19 )
I like what Rowan suggested. Maybe they're only available for a day or two after, like the milestone items.

They might also entertain the idea of a RIG bought with ohms that has past event items, sometime in the future. The older items would be more difficult to obtain, and depending on the price it could give you like five items?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.