Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts The Grove of Ancient Knowledge

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/22 18:10:19 )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Deep in a forest shrouded in shadow and billowing with fog lies a grove of trees planted in a perfect circle - an alter to the powers that be, a place where those who seek truths not spoken may practice their mystical rights.

This is a place for training secular and agnostic witches to discuss their practice and learn from each other. This is not a coven.

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/22 18:13:21 )

Rules:

• Be respectful of each other and their practices
  • Share links when posting resources or anything else you did not create
  • Do not discuss religious affiliations or ask each other about them
  • Please remain on-topic
  • Share in good faith, and give credit where credit is due

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/22 18:16:29 )

What is this Place?

This is a place for eclectic, non-hereditary magic craft study and discussion! What that means is that you are not expected to come from a family of witches, and you are not expected to have chosen a single path or school of magic to follow. If you are, that's great! Please feel free to discuss your history if you would like! But in general this is for those who have chosen to study magic for whatever reason has led them to it.

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/22 18:19:23 )

Before you Start:

Please introduce yourself!
What title do you like (witch/wice/warlock/etc)? What sort of magic are you trying to learn? How long have you been studying?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/22 19:11:24 )
"You've had too much of the digital love..."

Hey there! I hope it's okay to post...

My name is Sebastián, though if you want, you can just call me by my username (0v7!)
I use he/him pronouns only, and I'm a trans male witch!

I am also a secular witch, mostly practicing herbalism (through tea!), divination, and sigil magic. I've been a sort of off and on witch since I was... probably 15 years old?? It's hard to remember for sure. I rarely do spells, or anything of the sort - I find it sort of rigid? I dabbled in chaos magic, and decided it wasn't for me. I'm mostly content with my "path", not that it's much of a path to begin with.

I might post a couple of my own tea blends in this thread! (Of course, research all herbs before consuming them in any form - you must to do this, or you'll get hurt.) I also might post my sigils again, except a bit more cleaned up this time - I don't plan on posting ALL the sigils I make, but I think it'd be nice to share some of the more general-purpose ones in this thread.

"You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/22 22:28:03 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

I'm Kit
I'm a trainee
Most of my knowledge, little as it is, is in tarot
I currently have three tarot decks, a video game playing card deck for personality readings, and now a kitsune oracle deck, with a preorder for a fairytale tarot on Amazon
I don't know if this is where any magic I do have is focused, but it's my starting point and i think my magic is currently locked somehow
Hence, trainee

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/23 16:38:32 )

Here's a couple of tea recipes I made!! Under spoilers, for the sake of keeping this post short. I might add more to this as I come up with tea recipes!

Before you ingest any of these, PLEASE research interactions with your medication + the herbs in question. Do not drink these if you are pregnant and/or nursing. These tea blends are NOT a substitute for professional medical help. In addition to this, use only food-grade herbs. Proceed with caution.

for helping with dream vividness + recall, aids in falling asleep

Ingredients:
• 1/2 to 1 part Mugwort (dried)
• 1 part Lavender (dried)
• 1 part Chamomile (dried)

Instructions:
• Combine dry herbs.
• Bring water to 180°F - just before a boil.
• Put 1tsp of the herb mixture in a strainer, steep for 10 minutes.
• Add sweetener, ice, lemon, etc, if desired.

Notes:
Please research these herbs before ingesting, as some can cause interactions with prescription medication.
• With that said, I definitely recommend adding sweetener, it's a strong tea.
• If you have a signifying herb, I'd add a part or less to the herb mixture - my signifying herb is rose petals. I think it helps personalize the blend to your own self to have a signifying herb in the mix - even if it's less than half a part!
• Lavender and chamomile are both calming + relaxing, while mugwort (in my experience) causes some vivid dreams that are easier to remember.

for helping with cramps associated with menstruation

Ingredients:
• 1 part Raspberry Leaf (dried)
• 1 part Chamomile (dried)
• 1 part Green OR White tea
• 1 part Calendula/Marigold (optional, dried)

Instructions:
• Combine dry herbs.
• Bring water to 180°F - just before a boil.
• Put 1tsp of the herb mixture in a strainer, steep for 5-8 minutes.
• Add sweetener, ice, lemon, etc, if desired.

Notes:
Please research these herbs before ingesting, as some can cause interactions with prescription medication.
• Raspberry leaf is good for lessening menstruation discomfort, while marigold helps with nausea - marigold is also useful in magic for brightening a mixture, figuratively and literally. Chamomile is calming, while green or white tea are both mostly for taste, but also for a little energy boost!
• This tea is made to taste good, so if you don't like or have a certain ingredient, replace it! I suggest keeping raspberry leaf, though, since it helps a lot with cramps. Something else you can add is cranberry juice - it's tart and works just like raspberry leaf to help reduce cramps.

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/23 18:17:00 )
Hello magical friends!
I'm Glume, if you can't tell by the username :p
I'm a chaote, I like the term sorceress because it sounds fancy.
I'm an old lady, turning 36 tomorrow, and I've been studying the occult for a long time. I dabble in a lot of magical practices and love learning about the mythologies and beliefs of different cultures. I once used a sigil to summon $3000 under a mattress. I know so many different ways to make sigils, I'd love to share some when I get the chance.

@0v7: I've been totally interested in tea making, I might have to pick your brain soon.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/23 18:40:27 )

@Glume: I'd love to see some of your sigils!! I don't have many myself, since I'm trying to make sigils that feel just right to me, yknow?

Also ask away about tea!! I know lots about standard teas (black, green, white, oolong, herbal, etc), as well as some correspondences I personally use in my teas!! I might update my tea post every so often as I come up with blends - I definitely need to add one for sore throat =v=

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/24 02:46:13 )

Aaaa! I'm so glad you guys are here and enjoying the thread! Welcome and thank you for coming!

I forgot to do my own intro or even a "this thread is open" post im such a forum noob omg x'D

@Glume: I would love to learn different forms of sigil craft, if it wouldn't be trouble!

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/24 02:50:46 )

Call me Bridgette!

I'm a very new student of eclectic magic. I prefer the title Wice. And I am also an empath, trainingto control her gift!

I have a little experience with Tarot and with ancient greek Oak tree/leaf divination. I want to get into herbalism, sigil craft, and warding. I'd like to learn generally about spellcraft as well, but am less driven towards it than the other practices.

Donator — wrik Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/24 03:08:49 )

hi i'm a little tipsy so i'll do my best

you can call me wrik and i am a closet clairvoyant (i hope that's included in what is acceptable to talk about here)
i discovered my "ability" when i was in middle school and it led me to try things like tarot
i'm really nervous to talk about it so i don't usually tell people lmfao
i have to be in a groove and doubts about myself make it hard to prove when i'm put on the spot but let me tell you i OWN at games that require you to pick a or b or up or down or you know that sort of thing
there's a lot of other things i can predict too but lmaooo idk

my tarot cards that i loved and adored (tarot of the cat people) got destroyed by a flood a few years back and i haven't replaced it
hi im wrik

closet buying

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/24 20:11:05 )

@GodsandPunks: May I ask what Oak tree/leaf divination entails :0?? I haven't heard of it before !!

@wrik: omg that tarot deck is so cute... but also, I love cats so I miiight be a little biased.
Also, I definitely relate to being clairvoyant - for me sometimes, things that involve prediction just kinda fall into place for me?? And other times, it's hard to predict what will happen next, dunno why it's an off and on thing /shrugs

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/24 21:56:26 )

@0v7: It's an ancient Greek form of divination that was tied to the god Zeus!

The simplest form is to find 3 oak leaves and toss them into the air as you ask your question or make a request for guidance from Zeus. Its a positive response if you get 2 or more of the glossy sides of the leaves facing upwards, and a neutral or potentially negative response if not.

The other form came from reading the bows of the oak trees themselves, depending on the behavior, shapes seen in the bows, and sounds they made, you could find omens of good or ill.

Nagisa | 25+ | INFJ
xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx

Find me on: Buzzly.art | Twitter

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/24 22:34:22 )

@GodsandPunks: I should try that sometime!! I live near a ton of oak trees :0

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.