Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk i cut my parents out this year

Voltie — he/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 22:31:08 )
✢◡✢
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

its great --- but terrifying because of the pandemic, being poor and sick

has anyone else cut out their parents??? COVID makes it really fckin weird

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 22:46:11 )
"You've had too much of the digital love..."

I was thinking of doing so at the start of this year, but my mother says she'll get me on her like, jobs insurance... which I'm pretty sure covers HRT costs. So I suppose I won't be cutting her out yet... =v=;;
I did cut out her husband, because, well, pardon my language but he's a piece of shit :) When I cut him out though, it was like, 100lbs of weight lifted off my shoulders !!

"You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Voltie — he/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 22:48:48 )
✢◡✢
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

@0v7: yeah tbh i waited til my insurance was cut off when i turned 26 to get away from my parents, being financially dependent on them sucks so fckin much
i was living with my mom briefly at the end of last year/start of this year but i skedaddled with my partner - but also she kept saying she was gonna help me out with shit but Never did so i hope it goes diff w ur mom!!

i cut my dad out just by ghosting him and he hasn't even tried to check in on me so lmao

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 23:00:57 )

@vessel: Yeah, I'm really hoping my mom actually goes through with the insurance thing, bc her track record's like your mom's track record, I'm pretty sure =v=;

Thankfully, I'm not financially dependent on my mom or her husband bc I live with my grandpa! Long story short, he's cool and adopted me when I was 15 years old (I think? Fuzzy memories)

Voltie — he/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 02:40:27 )
✢◡✢
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

@0v7: im glad u live with someone cool! and hopefully ur mom goes thru with it, but u cant expect anything other than what you know she's like... is what my therapist always told me about my mom

@Bioshock: i think its v strong that u put down ur boundaries and didnt let him fuck w ur emotions anymore. my dad also would send me money almost whenever i asked, but i realized that he was just using that against me the whole time to make me more dependent and feel like i had no other options.

i dont have any support from the rest of my family, cutting both of my parents out kinda made it hard to be around/interact w any of the rest. my parents are also in the same city as me so i'm always half expecting to run into them somewhere - but yeah i think ppl who make the decision to not have toxic ppl in their lives anymore, including their parents, r dope as shit

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 02:42:15 )
Ahh, yes.
I cut out my mother's side of the family about 10 years ago and moved in with my fiance (at the time, we're married now) in a small apartment. We were planning on moving out within the next two months or so anyway, but something... happened and I needed to get out rather quickly. We got a roommate and split the cost 3 ways, so that helped a bit!
It was kind of scary considering I was 19 when I moved out. I was focusing on school and he was working at the time, but we managed to get by with some help from his family.
It's was a tough decision, but I don't regret any of it. q ___ q ;

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 02:59:20 )

@vessel: starting HRT wld be ideal in the next year honestly. I want a terrible lil goatee - also my therapists in the past said the same thing so I'm being very cautious abt her promises :'3

Voltie — he/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 03:08:30 )
✢◡✢
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

@Yandere: oof yeah i'm glad u had support during that from ur spouse!

i had to leave my moms house very quickly earlier this year and it is v scary to be away from what i know, but i dont think i'll regret it either

@0v7: starting HRT was one of the best things i did for myself and i hope it happens for u soon! if ur mom doesnt help there'll be another way. i wasnt able to get on t until i was 24 but it was hella worth the wait

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 03:13:26 )
@vessel: Yeah, I don't think I could have done it on my own. > __ o I'm a very shy and timid person. Aahhh.

it was a sudden decision the morning of and I literally moved out like 2 hours later. It was a really weird experience.
You sort of just know that you need to get out. Haha.

I definitely don't regret anything. I wasn't able to bring all of my stuff, but that's about all I regret. Haha. Those things I've been slowly replacing over time, at least the ones that I can.

TH || dA ||webtoon

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 03:26:22 )

@vessel: my backup plan is to go to a planned parenthood in the city (which is an hour away) and get it started there =v= I can hardly wait to start it!! If things go well, I'll probably start in November :0

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie — he/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 04:16:07 )
✢◡✢
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

@Yandere: oh yeah i very much relate to the feeling of just knowing u have to get out
when i left, it was over the course of a week or so where i was secretly moving all of my shit out of this little house on my moms property i was living in
and she didnt know the whole time until i was gone it was nervewracking lmao felt like i was on some secret spy mission

@0v7: yoooooo i really hope u get it by november!!!

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

pm me if u wanna donate 2 my living funds

┋ 𝐕𝐄𝐒𝐒 ┋ 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱 ┋ 𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ┋
questinghangoutgallery

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.