Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Had a hydroplane experience.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/30 17:04:08 )
I haven't really had many but it was rainy out and few puddles on roads, but I was glad I was paying attention cause the car veered to the left a few seconds and I corrected it back thankfully.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/30 17:16:10 )

I have had slight hydroplane experiences myself. It’s really scary but thankfully you were able to notice it. I kind of freeze and my body knows what not to do but I don’t unsettle quickly enough.

Luckily there have been no accidents.

bloop

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/30 17:25:40 )

I’ve experienced that a few times in my life and it’s scary. Are you ok?

And fyi to anyone that doesn’t know this but you aren’t suppose to use your breaks when you hydroplane. Just steer the car as best you can and the car will slow down a bit if you don’t have your foot on the gas.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/30 17:40:30 )
@operation katana: ive never experienced it.. i dont drive.. i dont have the confidence to drive.. when i was younger the car i was in crashed into a lamp-post .. i think thats put me off .. im glad ur ok and no accidents happened

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/30 17:48:03 )
Totalanimefan:

I’ve experienced that a few times in my life and it’s scary. Are you ok?

And fyi to anyone that doesn’t know this but you aren’t suppose to use your breaks when you hydroplane. Just steer the car as best you can and the car will slow down a bit if you don’t have your foot on the gas.

Yea I knew not to hit the brakes. I'm good, it was something else though. There was a car that was about to pass me that was behind me but changed their mind as soon as they saw me doing that.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/30 17:49:05 )

@Operation Katana: oh I see. Good that your ok.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.