Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Im working for my aunt today

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 21:46:58 )
Cause I worked for her for like 4 years, and even though im no longer her employee, sometimes she asks me to work for a day.

And its so boring omfg.
I did have someone call me to ask where the new store is located, and they were kinda rude. I'd be like "blah blah we're here."
And the guy would scream at me that im wrong??
I hope they're nicer in the store tho

Donator — Winchester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 21:51:44 )
Scream back at them. Not like they can fire you xD
But rude customers are the worst

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 21:54:36 )
@tuijp: I'm honestly very tempted to snap at rude customers. I was never able to before cause I was her employee. But now im just working for her as a favor lol

Donator — Winchester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 21:59:37 )
@Sass Pegasus: and now you can be rude back. Everyone's, who worked in a store, dream.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 22:02:52 )
@tuijp: I'll probably still be nice cause my aunt already has shitty sales. So I try anything to get the sale.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 22:05:54 )
As long as you get paid right?

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 22:09:04 )
@totalanimefan: Ahahahaha paid, right. I don't. Which sucks, but, I owe her for my phone bill. So, me working a day every now and then for her pays my phone bill a bit.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 22:20:57 )
@Sass Pegasus: ok. Just make sure you don't get in trouble with the government lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 22:24:05 )
@totalanimefan: Yeah, well. About that. The 4 years I worked for her, I was being paid under the table. Idk, I feel like with this, since im not getting paid, it could just be seen as me doing her a favor. Idk, her oldest daughter works for her sometimes too and I doubt she gets paid?

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 22:25:29 )
@Sass Pegasus: I'm ok with people being paid under the table even though others aren't. But what I'm not ok with is people working for nothing. At least she is covering your phone bill.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 22:28:59 )
@totalanimefan: Yeah she took advantage of me when I worked for her. I don't wanna get into detail but she kinda fucked me over. Not kinda, she did. She did fuck me over lmao.

But I was unemployed for like 3ish months so I wasn't able to pay for my cell, so she's been paying it for me. And even now that ive been working I still having been paying for it, lol so I work some days for her. Not a lot, usually only if one of her kids is sick, or if theres a doctors appointment. So like, I work maybe once a month.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 22:30:25 )
That really sucks when family takes advantage of you and says that it's ok because you are family.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 22:37:27 )
@totalanimefan: Actually, I guess I will get into detail LOL. Just so you know just how fucked up and fucked over I was. xD
Okay, so I started working for her shortly after I graduated HS, so I was 18. A few months into working for her she goes, "Hey, can we open up a bank account in your name but add me to it also? I want to sell the overflow of product on ebay, but im technically not allowed to sell Avon on there when I have an avon store. So if we put it in your name i'd be able to." And like, I was 18, and I had it in my brain that if I had said no, i'd be out of a job. So I said yes, and it was only supposed to be for a little bit until she sold the overstock of product, you know? So then like two years later, this guy tried to scam her, tried to say he didn't receive all his product or something? So he won the case, and my aunt had to pay paypal because of it. My aunt is stubborn and felt like she shouldn't have to pay it because the liar won the case. So she didn't pay it. And here I am, with 750.26 sitting in my collections rotting. And she refuses to pay it. And every time I try to pay it off I get screamed at by my mom because she says I shouldn't have to be the one to pay it off, that I wasn't the one to fuck up my credit. That my aunt should pay it off. But shes never going to. And idk when i'll be able to. So like, with that sitting in my collections, i'll never be able to get a loan on a car, or a house, or anything. Not only that but I THINK the IRS can come after you for not paying things like that off??

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/20 00:00:04 )
@Sass Pegasus: That is really f'ed up. Also just so you know, it will only be on your record for 7 years after it went into collections, so if you are hurting for money and it's been a few years think about waiting it out? Of course you could also pay it off, it just depends.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/20 06:52:58 )
@Totalanimefan: I'd like to pay it off, eventually.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/20 07:17:12 )
@Sass Pegasus: ok cool. How many years has it been?

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/20 07:22:06 )
Depending on the state, like in mine, after 10 years, they can try to get you to pay, but legally, you don't have to LOL

And, if you wanted to, you could possibly sue your aunt for not paying the debt....though you should've never said yes, but it's too late for that .-.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/20 22:29:06 )
@Totalanimefan: 1 xD

@Yokuutsu: I dont think i can sue. I was 18, technically an adult. So like, it was all in my name, even if it wasnt being used by me, it was in my name, and i was an adult when it was created. I could probably sue if she made the thing when i was 17 though. Idk xD
hey i'm Jessi.

my friend cnts made the pixel

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/20 22:40:07 )
You could say it was identity theif which it was.
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 02:52:47 )
@sass pegasus: Despite the fact that you were 18, I definitely think you can and should be suing your aunt. (Lol I'm sorry if that sounds really rude.) If she was on your account at anytime, she should be held responsible for what happened. Like you said, you were pressured into it, thinking you'd lose your job and she was already being kinda shady by paying you under the table. I can only assume this was maybe your first employment and banking experience; for that I really am sorry. Your family members should help you not screw you over like that. It really sucks to start off your young adult life in the negative due to someone else's selfish actions.

If anything, I would stop doing favors for her until she decides to pay the 750 collection bill.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.