Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk I'm screaming more joyously

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/11 04:12:37 )

Sorry I vent so much on this site. It's so I can maintain a professional face irl :vanora_xd:

Anyway, I'm tryin not to let out too big of a PHEW because my school is notorious for changing things at a flip, but... phew
cause things might be looking up a bit finally! THERE IS HOPE!

All of my efforts seem to be reaching people. I've been a big name that's been tossed around my college staff lately (or so I'm told) because I've been standing up and speaking out so much about our blurry guidelines and kinda semi-unintentionally being the voice of the students a bit (I mean, people keep having mental breakdowns, SOMEONE has got to step up for them). But I'm def trying not to come off presumptuous so I only officially speak for myself xD
Clinic manager told me I've been impressing everyone and she's very proud of how professional I've been and how eager I am to move forward with my education. So that was very sweet of her. Reality is I'm single now, so everything else in my life has become much more important and in focus lol

My mentor empathized with my woes about the dang restrictions on us doing our internship work, which I mentioned in my last screaming thread. So while all other mentors refused to work with me on it, she stepped up and told me I can work with her. And she'd even stretch it further, so I have nearly a solid day every week that I KNOW I can come in for doing bodywork hours! In other words, I'm no longer halted, and at the MOST my graduation may only be delayed for 1 1/2 months if I stuck with this pace. I already have a recurring client and recruited two new ones, so I'm really excited.

Then there's my instructor for my postponed final (class couldn't take it cause of quarantine. Its hands-on) who has been purposely evading my begging to let me take it (so I can join the clinic and get MORE hours, making my graduation possibly not delayed or only delayed by a couple weeks. Big difference!). I finally stomped my foot last night like DUDE.
So he told me, if I can gather all the students from that former class whom I've not seen in 2 months ish, only then he will let us take this final. He wont do it just for one student.
Well, even though he has all their contacts, he wouldn't offer them to me. He evaded that too cause he's an asshole that loves to be difficult. But fingers up to you dude, I got all of them gathered and ready~
If he refuses us somehow I'll have it documented in email to spin and toss up to his superiors lol Maybe another instructor would be approved to do this for us.

BUT IF THAT FAILS

administration must have heard my frustrations the other day and has made changes that pretty much guarantees me (and any student) 4 hours a week, from the sounds of it. As long as I show up, kind of like an hourly paid job, with the intention of doing bodywork.

And she also brought back Teacher Assisting and allowing it for internship. Something that wasn't allowed before~

So now there are a few options if that whole clinic mess takes a long time to sort out >> I'll still be pushed back if I don't get 40 hours in the clinic alone. But I can spend more time there than with all these other things so I'm not worried. As long as they don't do any take-backs for these offers~

tl;dr: I MIGHT GRADUATE ON TIME MAYBE ;v;;;;;;; my tarot cards told me my efforts would be rewarded
maybe I'll finally shut up about my school I definitely rant too much

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/11 05:23:54 )
Oh that's great to hear! I'm sure your classmates are grateful too
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/11 05:31:36 )

@lilykin:
yeah, a few of them were talking to me last night really upset about the internship issues. this might seriously help them feel better too.
thank goodness!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/11 06:50:49 )

You might be able to pass on time?! That would be great!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/11 14:40:16 )

@totalanimefan:
Yes!! I'm gonna have some of it clarified today to make sure I'm understanding. But yeah it sounds like they're easing up on things for the coming months!
Since covid did a number on us lol
I'm excited if I can do some teacher assisting for one of the classes that ended up online. I'll get so much more out of it in person~

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/11 17:55:00 )

@Jolly: awesome news!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.