Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk I'm screaming /venttt

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/9 19:30:32 )

College administrations says I wont have a delayed graduation, I just stay and finish my practicum hours if I don't complete them all cause covid set us behind.
The next day she emails all students that graduations WILL be delayed if all 186 hours aren't done by the graduation date.
I need 88 hours.
So, time to start rolling my sleeves up.
Out of hundreds of people I offer free massages to (literally, I asked my whole job staff), about 7 of them accept, and 4 of them flake out or ghost me when I ask when they want to come in for.

I managed to get two massages in for staff members of the college, including the admin/dean lady. After this I learn that I wasn't allowed to be doing bodywork right now because they laid off mentors (and fired one), so they're now trying to hire more mentors to fill in time slots. In the past, we used to be fine to do bodywork as long as at least the dean lady was there and knew of it. Now they want strictly just mentors (probably for legal reasons, cause they're actually licensed for the trade. the dean isn't)

I had to cancel my last massage client cause she was a student and I now knew I wasn't allowed.

Then dean lady sends one of her friends to contact me for massage work (she asked me first, I approved of this). This friend 1. calls me by the wrong name (dean gave them the wrong name!), 2. assumes I already have a schedule with them on a specific day, 3. doesn't tell me who dafuq they are or what this "appointment" is so I'm looking at this text message from a random number like... ?????????
The second part still confuses me so much like, how do you assume you already have an appoinement when you never spoke to someone yet?

I had to "cancel" this appointment that I never scheduled in the first place, cause I wasn't allowed to massage that week.

I was confused about the restrictions for students doing bodywork, so I asked the dean lady about it in email. She responds, "you must have gotten confused by the information" --blablabla-- "YOU CAN COME IN ANY TIME" said there were no restrictions.

Exasperated, but I was relieved.

I message the 3 people who were still interested in bodywork from me. One sets a schedule with me for an afternoon. One didn't respond. The third one wanted to schedule in the evening, when I knew the school would be getting locked up for the night (even though there would be mentors around, they would be in a class)
So common sense tells me I should ask said mentor first.

Mentor says we cant do bodywork this week.

I screech at my monitor and then more calmly forward the email that the dean lady sent to me that suggested I can proceed. I asked about it, and told her I was frustrated by the contradictions I keep getting lately.
She agrees with the frustration, cause the mentors are dealing with it too. But in the end, I have to cancel schedules with people AGAIN. I lose ANOTHER week of bodywork, that makes 3 weeks of lost time (the first week was due to people flaking out) where I only managed to get in 2/88 hours.

I STILL NEED 86 HOURS BEFORE SEPTEMBER 19
its more than it sounds.

The only thing that could save me is getting into the school's clinic. But I had a postponed Swedish massage final, so I can't get in until I do that.
But my instructor wont LET ME TAKE MY FINAL. His reasoning is good, he wants students to do bodywork first to refresh their memory after our downtime. I told him I already did bodywork and I'm ready, but he just like "OH COOL, THAT'S GOOD!" *walks away*
........ BISH COME BACK HERE.

So yeah
I'm impatient af rn. I hate it when my life is in someone else's hands. Delayed graduation affects a lot of stuff in my life >A<
Even moreso if it pushes into snowy months when I wont be able to drive.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/9 19:40:55 )

AS SOON AS I POSTED THIS the dean lady emailed out a clarification for all students about the graduation part.
Which is kinda what I assumed, I didn't think she was being malicious, just lacking info to make it make sense >>
All the same, its delayed, the only thing I can do "on time" is graduation walk. Which is the one thing I care nothing about XD I just want my certifs. I can't take the MBLEx (test to get my license) without them.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/9 21:01:06 )

Oh my gosh that sounds like a stressful cluster fuck. I hope it gets worked out for you soon.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/9 21:17:31 )
There is nothing worse than getting the run around at school. Especially when clear guidelines are so important rn
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/9 21:37:28 )

@totalanimefan:
@lilykin:
Right? People need to learn how to say "I don't know" or "Hold on we're still working this out"
or if something changed, SAY SO, so the contradiction doesn't get so confusing D:

They literally had a meeting for this on monday last week. idk why everyone is on a different page
Now my mentor is flip flopping and being confusing. So once again I don't know if I can do my work or not Lol Im gonna pull my hair off

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 00:28:33 )

@Jolly: I hope that let you guys have an extension or that you can get more hours quickly.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 02:48:50 )

@totalanimefan:
the extension IS a delayed graduation lol which is what i dont want.
i really don't know what that would mean for financial aid though, which always worries me lol hoping there won't be anything terrible since quarantine was the cause

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 04:46:18 )

ANHnfdkghdgjh
Really dug into instructor today in class like dude I really need to take this final.
Now it is MY responsibility to gather the former class together because he absolutely wont do it just for me, because its "such a long drive" to get to his job and he isn't "paid enough for this"
dude you were already paid for the initial class time when this was supposed to take place. YOU WERE PAID ALREADY BUT DIDN'T DO THE WORK cause it had to be postponed.
ALSO YOU'RE GETTING PAID, I'M THE ONE PAYING ;;
all he would have to do is arrive to work 1 hour early, once. that's all.

Everything about this school makes me rage inside
If these students don't respond to me, which is very typical, then I guess I just don't get to take my final? Like at what point is this man gonna lift a finger? I don't even have their contact so I gotta figure something out, stalk find them on fb or whatever

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.