Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk i am incensed

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/9 17:59:50 )

Relatives and friends of relatives keep sharing some of the worst shit on Facebook and I can't help seeing it and getting upset. Sure, I could just log off and not look. But these are people I know and love saying these things, and it makes me want nothing to do with them. And because I'm still living with a relative (who thankfully isn't on my FB), I can't say too much about it, lest it get back to her and I have nowhere else to go if things get more tense here than they already are. I'm about at the end of my rope in terms of taking people's crap and saying nothing. It's been going on for way too long, but unless a miracle comes along and gets me out of here so that I'm a healthy, safe distance away from everyone, I can't say what I really think. Best I can do is occasionally give some vague, respectful disagreement... when what I really want to do is rip some people a new one.
ugh fml
I can handle "people saying dumb shit on the internet", but I'm too close to said people for comfort right now and idk what to do about that. One can only take being angry on the inside for so long, you know?

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/11 21:28:44 )

Not that anyone is paying attention, but I made a very long FB post calling out people's willful ignorance and urging them to educate themselves on why this is all a long-standing and deep-rooted problem, not just an "isolated incident". Not sure if that was a good idea or a bad one, but I feel better for having said something about it openly. *shrug*
Wasn't mean or especially angry but I found a way to say at least some of what I needed to say, hopefully without starting too much shit.

Voltie — they/he Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/11 22:57:06 )
@Count Trashula: i think this is part of the reason why i restarted my fb recently and deactivated my old one. a lot of my family doesn't align with my ideals/beliefs. i'm glad you were able to speak out, i hope at least some people will listen to you and hear your side and that it won't go down too bad. sometimes people are just ignorant, not malicious, but how they react to opposition, especially from those they (are supposed to)love, can really say a lot about them

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/11 23:40:52 )

@infinity: aye, I'm kinda freaking out now cause no one has said anything yet, including a friend of mine who was online and who I messaged directly. I'm hoping they were just busy and/or didn't see the notification and not upset about my post or anything.. idk, I'm paranoid all the time and always worried that if/when I do speak out about something, it'll be in the "wrong" way. As for the family members who the post was directed at, I have my doubts that they'll respond at all, but maybe I'll get lucky and one of them will at least read something.

ALWAYS PING ME

Voltie — they/he Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/12 07:49:11 )
@Count Trashula: i hope they will! but yeah i defo feel you in regards to speaking out in the "wrong" way, i think you just gotta remember to lift yourself up and be like.. there's a reason why i believe in these things, i know what's best for me... so it can't be wrong in that way as long as you are living ur truthful authentic self <3 (tho the authentic self can sometimes get blurred by so many things so ik its easier said than done)

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.