Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — Cat Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 06:42:27 )
@Totalanimefan: I do! I've never been to DC although it isn't super far away. Does anything draw you to DC, other than not needing a car? O:

@Lilykin: Hello there! Thank you n-n And it really is a bummer ):

@Kira: Thank you, and welcome back to you too, then. :D I hope to see you around as well!

@xvz: Thank you! I was actually scared to, I wasn't sure if they were kinda "private" or not so thank you. I will definitely have a look and maybe pop in somewhere. :D Ooo I see it now! Gotta check that out too XD

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 07:01:45 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@genuine fake: i think ppl would be happy to chat w u in the hangouts threads ^^
like people would be happy to have you post in their hangout threads, they're there for casual convo / dropping in and out of, people are there to chat :-)

but i know what you mean about feeling scared to, i felt nervous about posting when i joined at first too!
everyone has been really friendly though, so don't be scared ~

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 07:02:35 )

@Genuine Fake: Yeah every time I've ever gone there I've really enjoyed the feel of the city, the walkability, food and my family lives in PA and FL. I don't want to live like close to them, I need the buffer zone, but it's easy enough to get to them from there.

Voltie — Cat Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 08:15:33 )
@xvz: Aww yay! :3 I will definitely do that. Thank you so much. <3 You definitely helped relieve some of my anxieties about posting there. :D

@Totalanimefan: Oh man I wasn't gonna mention state but screw it lol. I live in PA too, DC is only a couple hours away from here. We got family in another part of PA, it's about 2 1/2 hours away. So like you said, kinda like a buffer but close enough for visits without tooo much planning. That's awesome though that you found a place like that. c: Where I live now isn't even that big of a city, but where I lived before wasn't even a city at all lmao. So for me, this place feels big. *-* I couldn't imagine living somewhere huge like Seattle or NY. I think I'd hate it lol! I see the draw though. I got to visit Seattle and it's cool there, I can just only handle crowds and stuff in small doses so I couldn't live there. I'm too much of a hermit. >:

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 08:52:57 )

@Genuine Fake: I'm in the Bay Area in CA. So the northern part, like San Jose and San Francisco.
My mom is from Allentown. I don't have family exactly in that city anymore, but still in the same area. (Also you are allowed to say what state you in here, you don't get in trouble)
It's not that far as you said, I could take a train or rent a car (since I want to be car free), it's only a 2 hour flight to FL. Which would be great cause it's a 6 hour flight to FL atm. I used to fly from FL to NYC, or PA, or Baltimore before I moved to CA and I always thought that 2 hour flights weren't bad at all. I've never lived in a city as big as DC, but I think I can handle it. It's big but the neighborhoods don't make it feel super big. It feels very livable. I grew up in a small seaside town in FL.
The reason why my husband and I aren't moving to NYC is because I couldn't handle a city that big either. The hustle would make me too anxious and I couldn't handle the winters either. I've been to NYC in the winter. It sucks.

Voltie — Cat Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 11:27:45 )
@Totalanimefan: I was worried about privacy a little but it's not that big of a deal to mention the state c: Oh cool! We drove through San Francisco once, though we didn't stop and do anything. xD We went on this trip where we flew into Seattle and drove along the coast to I believe it was Kingstown in CA. Stopped along at the beaches and this cheese factory in Oregon, drove through San Francisco like I said and stuff like that. It was a lot of fun!

Yea a two hour flight is nothing, really. Sure beats 6 xDD Ahh that sounds awesome, growing there. I'm jealous haha. I don't hate where I grew up or anything, we had a big yard and I was content. xD I just loooove the ocean so much. I haven't gotten to go in years, though. >:

Edit: Oops brain fart! I said we flew into Seattle, that was a mistake. o.O We flew into WA but I don't remember what city. Had family we stayed with while we were there before continuing along the coast c: This was 2011 and I woulda been like 14 so the details are a little fuzzy T-T

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 18:27:26 )

@Genuine Fake: I love the ocean too. When I was a kid my grandma took me to the beach all the time and my dad has a boat. When I was older I liked living in a seaside town. The weather is great but I didn’t like sand so I didn’t go to the beach as much. When I go back I always try to view the sunrise on the beach at least once.
SF is cool but that city breaks my heart because it shows the vast different between the super rich and super poor. :(
Plus there is poo and needles everywhere. I could never live there but it’s easy for me to visit pre-corona.

Ugh the 6 hour flight and the east coast is 3 hours ahead so I also ‘lose’ 3 hours of my day. So really it’s like 9 hours until I land in FL. Plus driving to and from the airports and getting to the airport 2 hours early. It’s pretty much a whole day or whole night if I take an overnight flight to the east coast.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 18:32:46 )

I guess it’s better than when I would travel from FL to England. That’s a 9 hour flight with 5 hours difference. The flights to England were always overnight and I could never sleep T-T
I have gone once to England since moving to CA. It sucks and the 8 hour time difference really messed me up a lot. With 5 hours it’s hard to go to sleep at the right time but your body wants meals at the same time (cause normally people go 5 hours in between meals) and when I went to Japan from the US at first I would wake up at like 5am but basically my schedule was just flipped. Sleep when you would be awake, and awake when you would be asleep.
8 hours though is like a whole work day or going to bed when you would normally wake up and even after 2 weeks in England I feel like I never adjusted. I just ate when others were eating and tried to get rest whenever I could even if I wasn’t tired (so like half way through the night). It really sucked but I was surprised at how hard it was.

Voltie — Cat Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/13 16:48:55 )
@Totalanimefan: That must have been so cool!! A boat sounds like it would've been sooo much fun. My aunt and uncle had a boat, but they just took it on a lake. Me and my cousins weren't close enough (they were a bit older than me) that I ever went, and honestly I haven't been on many boats. I've done minor things like got on a small row boat to go through Lincoln Caverns when I was younger, and I've been on a ferry a few times like to go to Seattle. Local dams have those little peddle boats, too, so I've done that before. But never a sail boat, and especially not in the ocean/sea.

Sand is a paaaaaiiiiin but I don't mind too much. Honestly something that bothers me is my stupid sensitive skin gets all red/blotchy once the salt water dries on my skin. u-u So I have to stay wet until we leave so I can rinse off when we get back, or use one of those little stations/bottle of water to rinse off. But they don't usually have the stations where we go. We usually go to NC and find vacant stretches of beach all to ourselves, I love it! <3

Ahhh /: Yea, that sounds pretty crappy. I don't remember much from driving through there, really. I remember the housing looking skinny and they were all squished against each other, which was different than even the townhouses I'm used to seeing but that's all that really sticks out.

Ohhh yea the time differences when you're flying sucks! I flew to Alaska I think maybe 3-4 years ago? and the whole trip took like 17+ hours T-T But I had like 2 or 3 layovers because my best friend bought me the ticket to come see her, and that's what she could afford at the time(and I couldn't afford to throw in at all at that point). So I wasn't complaining, 'cause I hadn't seen her in years. But it was a little rough for my first flight alone! I don't enjoy flying by myself lol.

Oh man that does sound brutal. D: That would suckkk. It's not enough to just follow a new routine for a day, either. It's like your body is just so used to a certain routine for so long, it resists against the change and you gotta reallyyyy work at adjusting it. It's a painnn. It's not exactly the same thing, but I had to keep changing my sleep schedule for my last job. They bounced me from 3rd shift to 2nd, back to 3rd, and then I ended on 1st. -.- Needless to say I'd just start to get used to it and it would change again xDD My sleep schedule is always a little wacky though anyway so it wasn't a super big deal. I don't have kids or anything so I'd just sleep whenever I felt like it, as long as I didn't have chores/errands to do first.

That's so cool you've been to England and Japan though! I've never been out of the country. Been to another others? o:

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/14 06:16:18 )

@Genuine Fake: I’ve only been to those two and a layover in Canada but I didn’t leave the airport.
That job must have really sucked. When I worked retail I also hard with the changing hours all the time.
My skin is always dry so it doesn’t so well with the sand and salt too.

Voltie — Cat Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/18 05:41:31 )
@Totalanimefan: that's still really cool c: I'd love to travel to different countries one day.

It was temporary so it wasn't too awful since I knew it wasn't forever. Might sound weird, but knowing it would be over soon made it much more bearable. I was working 11-12 hours, 7 days a week at the time as well. So if it hadn't been for being temporary, it would have been horrible lol. But I was just making bank while I had the chance. They wanted to keep me after the peak season, and things had slowed significantly. But like, too much lol. I went from 70+ hours a week to being lucky to get 38 or 40. It was normal to only get 27, AND they dropped the pay by like $5 after peak season was over, so it was not worth it at all to stay. xD

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/18 06:01:20 )

@Genuine Fake: wow that was so not worth it.
And I feel you. Then times suck or are stressful but they have an end in sight it seems do able.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.