Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I saved an European magpie today

Donator — Winchester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 17:27:25 )
I went to the supermarket this morning, on my bicycle as always, and on a busy road half way, I saw an European Magpie sitting in the middle of the road.

I stopped and walked up to it. It didn't move at all. I sat down next to it and it just looked up for a moment, but that was it. I picked it up and he tried to fly away, but it looked like it was drunk or something. I think it bumped with its head against something and was therefor unable to fly away.
A bit further, I saw a van of the city council, one of the people who makes sure nature goes alright and the trees didn't drop down. I got my bicycle again, with the Magpie on my arm, and drove to him. I asked what to do, because, if I would put him anywhere, cats would get him or he could go on the road again, just to get run over by a car or truck (it's always a busy road and this week we have a fair in town, so the main road is closed and they all take the other road).
The man of the city council said he needed a vet. He would come by it and took the Magpie in his car, to bring him to the vet.
He probably need some more rest, before he can fly again.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 20:08:59 )
@Tuijp: aw thanks for saving the little guy :) it sounds like he really did need a vet, I hope he's ok. Also, I didn't realise there were different types of Magpie, I've only ever known the European type.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — Winchester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 20:29:59 )
@sunny: Yeah there is the European and the American. The European looks better, because he has more metallic colours.
It looked like he had a concussion or something and, with that, you need rest to recover. His wings still worked and there was nothing wrong with his legs or feet. he grabbed my fingers with his toes right away.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 22:07:00 )
Aw you are a good person! You saved that little bird.
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 22:10:27 )
Aww I love magpies. I wish we had them here. xD

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 22:18:19 )
Aaw, I see magpies everyday, still it warms my heart to read what you did to help the fellow <3
If it should happen that you find a bird like that again and it looks stumbled but not injured, you can help it by getting it into some bushes in shadow to help it hide from predators, and give it some water if possible. That is at least what the wildlife station here keep telling us to do.

Also there is the australian magpie who got a wonderful varied' voice' ( I can highly recommend you looking up the Magpie Whisperer on fb ;) )

Donator — Winchester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 22:54:15 )
@Totalanimefan: he was as long as my forearm
@Shark: I live between 2 towns and we have a lot of them here
@TeaTales: there are too many cats around here to do that. He couldn't fly too well, so he would've been cat food in an hour
I'll do that later

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.