Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Minecraft Dungeons

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 03:27:52 )

So Minecraft Dungeons dropped today. I thought it looked interesting, so I bought it. The basic game is $20, so actually cheaper than regular Minecraft. If anyone gets or has the game, I wouldn't mind playing with you.

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 04:34:39 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

I only have the regular on Switch, what's dungeons like?

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 05:13:28 )

@Kitalpha Hart: it's kind of top down view, no crafting. Just dungeon crawling. It gives you a sort of Lord of the Rings feeling with the narrative, but you get weapons and gear through the dungeons and just progress through the story. It's good if you like dungeon crawlers.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 05:42:32 )
Oooh is it out already
I saw some people streaming it earlier this year

e
I'm the master of me and isn't the thought enough to lift you off of the ground?

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 06:15:23 )

@eerie: Yeah I saw that Jacksepticeye actually played the game. I didn't watch the whole thing though. I wanted no spoilers. It's pretty fun for what it is. Makes it more enjoyable since it's a franchise we know, and it's not just a brand new thing. If you like dungeon crawler type stuff, you'll probably enjoy.

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 06:18:42 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Crystalkitsune85: dungeon crawling in Minecraft style
Curious

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 06:32:31 )

@Kitalpha Hart: yeah it's the same ol blocky world, but instead of first person, it's third person and slightly above the player. Then you just hear a narrative from some woman that sounds like the one that did the one in Lord of the Rings, and then you just go through areas and kill stuff. Pretty simple. Ramps up in difficulty as it should. I'm having trouble with the "Fiery Forge" section with this stupid end of level boss. T^T

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 07:40:44 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Crystalkitsune85: only thing I know about LotR is that one of my coworkers at my summer job has the hots for some long blonde haired dude

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 07:43:18 )

@Kitalpha Hart: That would probably be Legolas. Played by Orlando Bloom. But really when you pop in LoTR the first one, I think it's Galadriel (one of the high elves) narrates the beginning. That's basically like each segment of the game is like. Each time you finish an area and go to the next one, the same voice comes up and explains the story further.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 09:31:45 )
*:..o()o..:*  *:..o()o..:*

Okay I really really must get this game if it's a dungeon crawler with LOTR vibes O.O

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 09:36:45 )

@SuperZombiePotatoe: I've gotten up to the Fiery area, but I can't beat the boss. Or the boss for the desert temple either. So I'm redoing some of the past areas on ramped up difficulty to get more levels.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 09:51:33 )
*:..o()o..:*  *:..o()o..:*

@crystalkitsune85: Sounds like a good idea! Are you playing by yourself? I imagine co-op would make levels much easier

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 09:58:24 )

@SuperZombiePotatoe: I do most of my games solo. It either hasn't implimented the ability to do a 4 way dungeon crawl with strangers yet or what, but for now, I believe you can only add friends who own the game. I'm not sure how it works, since I just got it today. But most of the games I enjoy, what friends I do have, don't like them. So I'm Me, Myself and I.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.