Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries Immunity Mini Comic WIP

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 21:19:42 )

This is a lil thread to show off a miniature project I'm doing for one of my classes.
Being that it was assigned this monday and is due this coming monday, it really is just a gross summarization of a story. When viewing the comic, view it solely in the perspective of a movie trailer where it doesn't really explain itself beyond the basic plot. While showing a bit of action and characters and drama lol BUT this is even shorter than a typical trailer because of time contraints!

That said, here's what this is all about:

I had to write a story about the Immune System. Sounds silly, just think Osmosis Jones or that one anime that I think does this for the... cardio system? I can't remember.

There are virus characters designed like this protag here. This is the very first concept of her, I don't know if I'll make the pupils like that in the end.. I was trying to make them look like virus shapes lol

In my next post I'll put spoiler for the other creatures to be explained~

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 21:19:49 )

The beasts~

Enzymes are bird things, dont ask questions

Then there are phagocytes.
The first one is a neutrophil, they destruct after eating invaders and turn into what we know as pus. I make a small point of this in the comic but it is not explained, since this is just a bunch of snippets anyway. I plan to explain the ideas in presentation because I suck at fitting it all into 5 comic pages ;A;

Then we have monocytes.
I designed a "fixed type". These do not move and simply catch invaders that pass by.
I did make the mistake of not adding tentacles to the design because of how my textbook describes the manner which monocytes grab onto things. But I'm not gonna fuss and redo it

Then natural killer cells

Ah I do worry that I might've taken too much freedom when designing all of this and that my instructor might hate it and I'll get all embarrassed... but the assignment's example talked about dwarves and shit that didn't even resemble the immune system, so I didn't have a lot to go off of

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 21:22:37 )

At last, here is the first page complete! This is where the virus is entering the body. Enzymes attempt to stop her but fail, and so the infection continues.
The atmosphere is dark and red, because I wanted to imply that the body is ALREADY infected by this virus (like, there are multiple characters of this same virus type that arrived before her) so the body/aka the land is going through a major heat wave and fires (inflammation and fever)

*edit*
I'll place the rest of the comics in this post, as suggested! <3

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/16 00:51:30 )

Page 2 done
not as happy with it but I had to be quick ;v;''''''

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/16 00:53:14 )

Annnnd page 3. Two more left xAx
I still have so much other homework to finish too, hope I can find time to tune these up and make them look a little better before monday evening

Also noting that Faerus' name is a play on word pronunciations
for the arabic word for virus. Random language choice cause I've been chatting with a friend from algeria for a few days now lmao little nod to them

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 10:40:45 )

Hey now. I love the simple art style you're using! It looks absolutely awesome.

Also: Looking forward to seeing the rest of this~<3

Oh, and it may be worthwhile to post 'em all in one post for easy finding later? Just in case this thread gets busy?

♫Born of graves and left below ♪ Painted ashes, painted snow♫

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/28 21:20:08 )

@amber lynne:
Super late to reply, I actually blanked out on posting the rest of the pages lmaoo
I plopped them up in the third post!

I finished them all just an hour before my class/when it was due for. But then we never did the presentations so I should've just written it kdlsjflksd
I only drew it for a fun presentation. OH WELL their cute anyways. Good comic practice

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/28 21:53:04 )

@Jolly: LOL
Cutting it close, huh? XD

But at least you finished it!

And yes. Yes they are cute~<3

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/28 21:58:22 )

@amber lynne:
Yeah I was XD its cause I had work the whole weekend. I'm not a fast artist!~
But I'm pretty proud of myself for completing what I set out for. 5 comic pages, albiet very simplified, still in record timing for me!

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/28 22:06:09 )

@Jolly: Heh, That's definitely a point of pride~<3

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/28 22:51:02 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Is adorable
Do you think you're going to flesh it out more, or no?

Put ya guns awn!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 23:48:58 )

@kitalpha hart:
late response but I'm not sure yet! It'd be nice to take this up and turn it into a real comic or something
But I need to open up more free time for myself before I take a project like that on. maybe after I finish with my classes in a couple months c: that'll be like 20 hours of additional free time every week lol

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/9 09:01:37 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Jolly: this is one I don't mind waiting for an answer. You're busy, after all
I look forward to it if you do

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.