Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Child of the 90's? Come inside!

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/14 23:20:00 )
@ChiffonOrange: A lot of childrens shows, I actually like a lot as an adult, including Caillou. lol.

yeah, I didn't grow up in japan or anything though. I think i saw a lot of them as a slightly older child.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/14 23:24:56 )
@ChiffonOrange: Thank goodness I got into Harry Potter before it blew up. I got into the series before they were movies, and actually technically a few of the books were out back when I was still in high school. They were super popular and I kept hearing "Harry Potter" this and "Harry Potter That", while they were still just books. I had a really cool teacher (I was home schooled) that let me choose Harry Potter as an elective course I was taking, and I loved it! I read all the other ones that were out at the time. I think it was just to Prisoner of Azkaban at the time, so I read up to that.

@Eruca: I remember Caillou, and ones like Brother Bear and Franklin that were all kinda the same thing. But again by the time those came out, I was a bit too old for them. I would catch an episode or two if I was super bored.

@vengeance: I never got into Saved By The Bell. Never even seen Sweet Valley High. I think since it was a higher age bracket at the time, I didn't really get into it, or since adults were in charge of the TV, I didn't get to watch it. I didn't even get to see Fresh Prince of Bel Air until waaay later when they played Reruns on Nick at Night. The only live action shows I really got to see was Salute your Shorts and Are you Afraid of the Dark...which as a kid scared the crap out of me.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/14 23:35:49 )
=== A wanderer wanders from place to place ===

@Eruca: That's okay, there's nothing wrong with that :3 And I see. *nods*

@Crystalkitsune85: I suppose it used to be popular back in the 2000s especially while they're making movies based of it. And I never had a single Harry Potter book in my whole life and I wouldn't mind reading one (if I ever buy one), as I only heard of the Harry Potter movies but never got the chance to watch them. And that's cool ^^ Your teacher sounded like an awesome person for letting you to choose.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/14 23:54:10 )
@ChiffonOrange:

Oh you should definitely read through the series of Harry Potter. I'd bypass the movies until you read the books, since the movies don't do the books justice. Not saying the movies are bad, but sometimes they have to cut things from the books for timing in the movies. It's a great set of books, and it's great to see the characters develop as the series progress. Even if you check them out online to read on a tablet instead of getting a physical copy I'd still check it out. If you like fantasy and magic, mischief and adventure, you'll like it.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 00:00:01 )

@Crystalkitsune85: Hmmm.... I will someday, after the pandemic is over that is. And true, most movies tend to cut certain stuff or somewhat add something different than the books. And I see. :o Character development is good

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 00:16:45 )
@ChiffonOrange:

Oh yeah, waiting is probably the safest lol. But I'd definitely give it a read when all this craziness has ended.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 00:18:36 )

@Crystalkitsune85: True. Although no one knows when wil it end soon. :I

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 00:20:45 )
@ChiffonOrange:

yeah that uncertainty gets me anxious. I don't like going out to the store, since I don't want to get sick and bring it home. I wear a mask and stuff but I still get worried. But I try to do things online to keep my mind off of stuff going on.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 01:11:49 )

@Crystalkitsune85: Mmhmm. *nods* Gotta be safe than sorry.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 01:14:42 )
@ChiffonOrange: Though if you have a library where you are, and have a card for it, you can like check out digital books, or even order the books online if you want to own them. Either way, alternatives to going out and getting them anyway? lol.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 01:16:39 )

@Crystalkitsune85: Ahh I see haha xD

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 01:39:01 )
@ChiffonOrange:

I mean before all this stuff happened, I wasn't much of a go out and do stuff kind of person anyway. If I could get away with it, I'd order it online. I'd do the groceries that way too, except you have to get on a wait list and check back early in the morning to get a delivery appointment, so I just say eff it and go to the store myself. All the games I have for my Switch except 2, were ordered online.

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 02:32:20 )
@Crystalkitsune85: Ah, yeah I remember those shows too! You reminded me that I really enjoyed the Berenstain Bear as a child because brother and sister caused such strife. It was like a child-oriented bear version of the simpsons thinking back. lol

@ChiffonOrange: one of my current favourite children's shows is In the Night Garden because it puts me to sleep. lmao

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 02:35:21 )
@Eruca: Oh I still own a crap ton of Bearstain Bear books I had growing up. One time when I got super bored, I went and re read through all the books I had. I had a couple VHS tapes based off the books, and I think they rebooted the show later on. I watched some episodes they had out online.

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 02:55:21 )
@Crystalkitsune85: Oh, yeah you're right! I totally forgot. I remember noticing a huge improvement in the resolution of the animation. But then they'd still play the reruns of the old episodes sometimes.

Was that really the 90s though? /not sure

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 03:12:38 )
@Eruca: I had the books and the old VHS during the 90's. I think technically they started in the 80s so I think it counts. Also for some reason I want to call you Veruca from Willy Wonka because that's what I think of when I see your name. Not that you're like the snobby girl, but that's what I think of.

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 03:45:47 )
@Crystalkitsune85: Hahaha, yeah, it's only a single letter away.
i think veruca salt would be name of the secret imagine baby I would have with my favorite bts member V ;;;;; >.>

Willy wonka was a great book too. hahaha. But with books, I never know how old they really are since, as a kid I never really cared too much about that kinda thing. :P

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 03:56:38 )
@Eruca:

The book was written in the 60's and the movie came out in the 70's. Then the remake of the original movie was 2005. I like the original 70's one though. It's more creepy and less pedo. Johnny Depp's adaptation of Wonka just makes him sound like a pedofile and not just some eccentric candy maker.

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 06:21:12 )
Flops bored

Where did everyone goooooo *sniff*

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/15 19:23:06 )
@Crystalkitsune85: huh, did he?
I always thought willy wonka was kinda weird.
Ping me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.