Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing dream like state [search]

Donator — stand user Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/6 20:48:15 )

hello! I'm lullaby and i wish to get back into the swing of rp. i've been at it for nearly 10 years but i took a break two years ago to focus on my writing & studies. i'd like to get back into the swing of it here, and i'm looking for 1x1's. group rp is also an interest of mine, but i'm leaning on 1x1 while i clean off the rust.

i love long term rp's set in fantastical worlds. i can also do real world, human body, roleplay but you'd have to excuse me as humans are not my forte. surrealism works too. due to current circumstances, my replies are quicker than usual (same day, maybe in two hours), but i don't expect that of my partners. i like to ramble a lot in my roleplay, and while i do prefer effort of up to one paragraph, i don't really mind if length doesn't match.

i do have writing easily available, but it's small and it is on flightrising. gladly you don't need an account to view it here. my other examples are college essays and old rp's, so i don't find them suitable uwu"

thank you for reading up to this point, but i have a few more things to say! please ping also

some things to consider:

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 06:08:57 )
════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@lullaby: hi! i would be interested ^^
it's been a long time since i last was on these kinds of forums, but in recent years i've written more poetry/fiction - can dig up examples if you want?

i'm pretty open -- i have a character loosely based off a dnd character, am pretty flexible / happy to modify for whatever setting you're looking for :-) i would be really into surrealism!

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════

Donator — stand user Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 01:00:43 )

@xvz: it's okay! i love all sorts, and i have a dnd character as well if you wish to go that route? that also touches on the surrealism <.<

💒

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 02:56:52 )
════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@lullaby: oo i'd be down :3
i think for me using my character is a helpful starting point but i'm down to extend the world outside of dnd too!
like adding celestial elements, spirits, etc. , it doesn't have to be too dnd-structured !

if it helps i can describe my character a little bit --
his name is xavzaphir, he is a half elf and can do simple magic
long dark raven hair, lilac skin, cream eyes
wears a black adventuring cloak lol and knee high boots

do you have a general storyline you wanna follow ?? plot / setting preferences ? :-)

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════

Donator — stand user Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/23 23:19:21 )

@xvz: we could extend it outside of dnd, as most of my characters are for campaigns that don't fit the normal "boundaries."

i have a full wood elf with branches on her shoulders and they grow roses! she's made of medium dark wood, has thorns on her head, and she loves wearing gold despite being a lowkey noble.

i do have preferences to worlds that we can build from scratch, perhaps? and even still we can work on the storyline together; anything revolving around a hidden evil is my go to OR slice of life.

💒

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/24 00:53:44 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@lullaby: ooo she sounds really pretty :-) i love the thorns

i'm down for that! hidden evil sounds good to me
i'm pretty open to storyline ideas if there's anything you have in mind or want to try :-)
i'm not too experienced so having slightly more structure would be helpful for me!

just brainstorming here, some possible scenarios:
- maybe our characters are us vs. world/society, like we suspect something is wrong (i.e. government, or like. the Institution lol) but individually we're like, is it just us?? is no one else seeing this? and then we meet and are like 'aha there is something afoot after all and now we are comrades against it'

- we are on opposite sides of a conflict but end up having to work together and have a love/hate relationship ?

- we were friends from school and lost touch and meet each other again, but one of us is evil now

or any combo - like maybe #1 plus we were enemies when younger but have to work together (i'm kind of into this) , etc.

happy if you want to take the lead, can also do more narrowing down if that's more helpful

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════

Donator — stand user Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 01:21:22 )

@xvz: oop this is late but hullo again!

thank you! i have ref art for her that i can chow but opening imgur right now is a death wish of the highest caliber.

i'm really in love with the idea of opposite sides of a conflict, especially having a love/hate relationship. we could, if you want, build upon that, the world, and what the conflict is and their positions in it? imagine they're not on the same level, but together they could work it out and solve the inserted problem. this could also translate to the 1st scenario, because one could be a politician, or deeply following societal rules, and they figure out what they're doing after years just being "evil". character two , probably already deep into their (unknowingly correct) conspiracies, finds character 1 and at first hates them, but realizes that they could work together. while character 1 is hesitant, they do realize their own downfall into madness/corruption, and yeah... other things.

🖤

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/26 05:11:52 )

@lullaby: hi no worries!

i have some old refs of him lying around i made from an avi maker --

oh and some pencil sketches i made --

that sounds good to me - do you want your character to be the first character you described?
maybe your elf is in politics and xavzaphir is a researcher (or alchemist-researcher if researcher sounds too modern). our lines of work have long been in conflict with another, maybe the government or council wants to censor the kind of research we do. we reluctantly have to work together because we both need something from each other. investigating together, we unravel some hidden evil that the both our institutions have been up to. how does that sound? i think this should leave lots of room for surreal or dark events!

Donator — stand user Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 23:38:27 )

@xvz: okay so i finally uploaded them ! she's very dnd. the fur cape stays.

that's' actually really perfect, we'd have to come up for the reasons of working together though. do you have a discord? i'm lame and late to most voltra interactions so that could help me more! if u don't wish to exchange it, that's oki.

🖤

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/29 02:41:17 )

@lullaby: ah sorry i don't have discord we can switch to pm if that's easier for you?

yay i'm excited!
hmm maybe xavz can synthesize a compound that rohze needs? and rohze has politician power that i need..? or maybe we just team up bc you have political power and i have simple magic so we reluctantly agree we get further together? i'm not sure, i think my brain is kind of tired right now lol but i can try to come up w better ideas later or even make it up as we go / see how it evolves! and if there's anything you wanna try i would be down too - like if there's a specific dynamic you would like to see play out b/n the two, etc.

where would you see her in politics? like is the government openly or covertly oppressive? does she agree w the government or is she there bc she wants to see change? do you see her starting out more good/evil? etc. i think that could inform the dynamic / how we meet / what we need from each other!

also i feel comfortable w the skeleton we have so far and would be open to winging the rest lol or like working it out as we go, what do you think?

Donator — stand user Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 03:20:13 )

@xvz: hello ! i'm super sorry for the late reply, irl got wild as all get out (as you probably already know) but yes hello would love to continue this if you'd like.

pm and this will go hand in hand ! i'll just dedicate time for voltra!

i do like winging it and we can see about the compound, but i can agree on the magic/political power being the reason they use each other :o. i believe the government could be covertly oppressive, and i see rohze being higher up enough to see how it would work. if anything i believe she's there for money and during her time she just slowly made her way into wanting to see some form of change, but she's downright just in the middle.

how far into xavz's science is he and is he open about his ideals?

yes yes agree, i do feel comfy.

🖤

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 20:31:10 )

@lullaby: no worries at all! i hope you're taking care
if you want someone to vent to or anything i'm here to listen!
i haven't been online much either, so much has happened this past week ...
as far as replying goes there's no pressure ~

ok that sounds good! hmm i think also we can need each other for personal reasons not just for our work, that could be interesting
like maybe there's something from rohze's past where she would want to learn more about magic/my research bc it helps her learn about herself? or like xavz has some family history that clashes with the political party/policy rohze supports, etc. (and somehow these things tie into government/council secrets ?)

i think he's pretty open! like he values understanding / learning
i was trying to think of some backstory for him in this world -- it depends a little on how we want to frame the role of technology in the world, like how modern the tech is / where we are in time/progress

he comes from a family of elves and attended schooling throughout his life, he completed an apprenticeship for alchemy (chemistry + magic), and afterwards chose the path of a researcher, because he is motivated by the pursuit of knowledge and hopes to use that knowledge to benefit society. he's a junior professor and researcher at the alchemy council school (kind of equivalent to a grad/phd student in our world) and spends most of his work hours in the lab and library. i'm thinking maybe he has some political conflicts with his family ? like his family turns a blind eye to what the gov is doing and there's tension about it

i'm still deciding what his actual research is about, but i'm thinking maybe it helps people but it would cost money to some institution (something equivalent to like, researching cheap insulin but big pharma wants to stop it) ? or like it helps people at the expense of government power so the gov wants to suppress it ?

do you think you could start the thread / start us off if you don't mind? :3 i don't think i'm very good at starting
also if you have anything you wanna bring up or figure out together i'm open anytime to keep discussing ooc / here or in a separate planning thread / over pm etc!

Donator — stand user Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/16 02:43:43 )

@xvz: wee it got super busy again but hi i'm going through notifs and saw this !

the family history sounds like a good idea, i feel like it will better support the idea that the government is an old and corrupt place , so tearing them down is difficult and it would need two people ' one of magic and one on the inside . so hmhmhm. we can definitely dm to continue talking about this plot.

technology in the world could be enhanced by magic, so it makes his research a lot more interesting and fundamental. another reason how this can tie into them needing each other for personal reasons, since rohze works so high up she probably has a lot of technology she can't, really use poor baby.

i can def start off later in the week! i know it's a longer wait but i have essays due and they drain all of my creativity ;w;

🖤

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/16 03:54:39 )

@lullaby: nw ~ life comes first, good luck with school!

and ok, that sounds good to me :-)
i can also start an ooc thread if you want, pm is good too up to you!

i'm excited thanks for starting it! just ping me whenever you're ready
^^

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.