Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Technical Difficulties

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 04:50:25 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

The man sighed as he got into his car, and looked at his cell phone. He'd tried to call a number a few times, but each time, the automated voice had told him that the number was unreachable.

"...guess it was destroyed or bricked by that imposter." he mumbled to himself.

He then drove off, making his way through the city, until reaching a quieter more suburban area of the city. He looked around, before seeing the place that the one he was looking for called home.

He pulled up into her driveway and turned off his car, grabbing a slightly larger bag that had been in the seat beside him.

He exited the vehicle, locked it, and made his way to the front door. Once there, he brought his hand up and rang the doorbell.

As soon as he did so, however, he paused.

"Wait..." he said.

"Wait, hold on a moment..." he muttered.

"She has a home phone." he remembered, before mentally face-palming.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 04:56:44 )

Before he could properly consider calling her, the door opened a bit, before closing and opening fully.

". . . I...hi." She said before stepping out of the way, allowing him entrance.

"What brings you around here?" She asked. Her voice was a bit more deadpan, but not entirely devoid of anything - as she had been for the first week or two after the entire mess. She was still not quite up to par, how she had been before that entire debacle, but at least she wasn't as messed as she was then.

However, as he stepped in and got a good look at her, he was able to see that she wasn't looking good. She looked tired, as if she was hardly sleeping, and was also looking to be just overall drained.

The fact that she seemed to be wearing pajama pants and a tank top certainly helped make that look even more obvious.

♫Born of graves and left below ♪ Painted ashes, painted snow♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 05:07:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." he was silent as he regarded her, before shaking his head.

"My apologies for this sudden visit." he said to her.

"I tried calling your cell phone a few times, but... it's clear that you need a new phone, and perhaps a new number." he went on.

"So I decided to visit you, but as I rang the bell, I JUST realised you have a home phone, and I could have just called that." he then admitted.

"So that's on me..." he mumbled.

"Regardless, I know we're not exactly friends, but I wanted to check up on you to see how you were doing." he then told her, as a rather delectable aroma started to emanate from the bag he was holding.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 05:14:24 )

"Yeah... I admit that replacing my phone hasn't been at the forefront of my mind." Erica admitted after a second or two, with a heavy sigh.

"I'll... get on that. I know that I'll only be able to not be at work for so long before my savings run out." She added with another sigh, one that was laced with dread. She didn't know how long she was going to be needing to have time off, but knew that she couldn't hdie forever.

"Anyway, I don't know what you broguht with, but if you want to eat or whatever, kitchen is that way." She said, motioning to the room in question with her marked arm, and the markings clear as day. It didn't click immediately for him, but her arm, and her torso where they were continuing to spread (and htey were much farther than he recalled from a few months back, at that), were completely visible.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 05:28:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Hal was silent again, for a moment.

"For starters, you DO know you're on paid medical leave, yes?" he asked. "Your savings aren't in any immediate danger, but I WOULD like you to return to work as soon as you feel you're ready." he told her.

"I am not so heartless as to force an employee to immediately start draining their savings because of a medical issue." he added.

"And... actually, I brought some food for YOU." he then said.

"I do know you're partial to Mediterranean cuisine, but that is a pretty big umbrella, so it's hard to narrow down." he explained.

"So I ended up getting a few things that encompass that sort of cuisine." he continued. "One of the containers has a grilled swordfish steak with a lemon-parsley topping, one has some falafels in it, and the last one has some Armenian losh kebab in it." he explained further.

"If none are something you'd like, sorry about that."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 05:41:48 )

Erica paused.

"Wait... back up." She started.

"Good is cool, but h old on. I am?" She asked, seeming to be honestly surprised.

"Nothing was said or anything about it. I haven't gotten anything in the mail or my account... all right... did "I"," and she air quoted it here, "change accounts at any point?" She asked.

"Because... if so then I hjaven't gotten a dime. Hell, I'm amazed I have the savings I DO have left."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 05:49:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal paused for a moment.

"Hang on..." he muttered.

He then snapped his fingers, causing his work laptop to appear in his hand. He set the bag down, connected the laptop to his mobile network, and brought up the banking information that was on Erica's file.

"Check this." he said to her.

"Is this correct or not?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 05:55:18 )

Erica sighed as he caused his laptop to appear out of nowhere. She'd gotten used to not nice things being pulled from elsewhere in a similar manner. She didn't let it bother her, or at least tried not to. It took a few second sbefore she was able to actually looka t the screen - the first true look at the mark that her stay away from home had left.

"... wrong bank." She told him simply.

"Here's my current information." She then said before walking off to the kitchen and grabbing her tablet. She returned, loading up her banking app and pullin gup the account information. Once that was done, she passed it over.

"Might... be worthwhile to update it." She then said. "Again." She added with a heavy sigh.

"Bitch must've changed the direct deposit information to an account she had, so I didn't get any of it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 06:19:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Hal was silent, before growling.

"I see." he said.

"We will need to start the proceedings to recoup those funds." he commented.

"For now, I will..." he mumbled, changing the info as he spoke. "...change this... to what you are showing me... and done." he muttered, finishing it, closing the laptop, and causing it to disappear.

"When I get back, I will see to it that you get the payments you should have been getting for the past bit." he told her.

"For now, do you think you can eat?" he asked.

"If anything I've brought catches your fancy, of course." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 06:20:58 )

Erica was silent for a moment before smiling, softly. It was something that hadn't been seen much over the past month or so.

"Yeah... I'm a sucker for swordfish." She admitted.

"But... only if you'll eat something too." She added. "The last thing I need... is to feel bad about you bringing me food and not eating yourself."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 06:58:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just sighed in response, and smiled back at her.

"All right, all right." he said.

"I'll have some falafels." he told her, as they made their way to the kitchen.

"...so... how have you been doing?' he asked her.

"Have the sessions with Dr. Fyrane been helping at all?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 07:01:33 )

Erica just sighed, heavily.

"Well, mostly, yeah." She answered.

"I'm not freaking out or freezing at some of the smallest things." She told him honestly.

". . . still can't sleep well though." She admitted as they grabbed wha they were after.

"Just... yeah."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 07:21:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hm." Hal mumbled.

"Well, improvement is improvement, I suppose." he said.

"Can't expect miracles overnight and such." he went on.

"I hope he can continue to help you, though." he then told her, as they unpacked the food and opened the containers.

"And do let me know if there's anything I can do to help." he added.

"Besides getting back to my office ASAP and making sure all your missed payments go through." he clarified with a small chuckle.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 07:37:33 )

Erica was silent before sighing.

"I... I have no idea." She admitted.

"Between Lindsay, and Az, I'm ... well, life is continuing and I'm trying to move past it all." She added as they finished collecing what they wanted and taking a seat.

"I ... I mean, that's all I can do. It ain't easy though." She added with a heavy sigh.

"It... really isn't. I'm so hesitant with any mana now, that I just... there's a part of my currently fucked up head that is terrified of the fact that I have whatever mana I have."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 07:46:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hm." Hal mumbled further.

"Being hesitant to use your mana is certainly an issue." he told her.

'And while your last statement can be seen as confusing... I think I understand what you're saying." he went on.

"I do wish you well on your road to recovery." he continued.

"Take all the time you need."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 07:49:43 )

"I'm... about an inch from putting up anti-mana barriers around this building." Erica admitted.

"The only reason why I haven't... is just in case Az needs to be pulled away suddenly when he's here." She added.

"To say that what happened is taking its toll on me, is quite an understatement."

"Honestly... I want nothing more than to be over this." She then said, knowing that if she'd worded it in a different way, that he could very well take it literally. She didn't want that, she had no interest in utilising anything akin to mana for the moment, and she knew if he were to help, it'd be via mana if that direct.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 08:03:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was solemn and silent as she said what she did, before nodding slowly.

"I understand." he said.

He'd noticed that her last statement seemed to have been worded in a specific way. She knew what he was, and she knew what he was capable of... but he wondered if that was on purpose, or if it had just happened to come out that way.

Regardless, he wasn't going to bring it up. Not yet, anyway.

"If things get that desperate, please... reach out to someone." he told her.

"We all just want you to recover."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 08:06:47 )

"I... know." She said.

"I just, I do know that." She added before sighing lightly.

"And... I will." She agreed with a nod.

"I have Az stopping by every few days, and Lindsay on speed dial if I need him." She added.

"So... yeah. I think I will be all right there." She added, not seeming to realise that she'd opted to omit the contractions.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 08:20:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She might not have realised that she was omitting contractions, but Hal did.

And he was now suspicious.

Coupled with the fact that her arm was bare... when it never was in the past... made him even MORE suspicious.

"......" he was silent, before putting his food down.

"So." he then said.

"...tell me." he mumbled.

"You ARE the Erica that we've known for so long, yes...?" he asked her defensively.

"Because you are... behaving disturbingly similar to the one that has caused us troubles earlier."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 08:47:20 )

" . . . Even if I were to try and convince you, something tells me that doing so would not be an easy task to accomplish." Erica commented, her voice sounding rather despondent with that.

"I get it, though. Please... just... if that really is a concern, being alone doesn't bother me. Might actually be best, anwyay." She added, looking to the side.

"Thank you for stopping by... I really do appreciate it." There was sincerity to her voice, a sincerity that he hadn't heard from the duplicate either.

"I'm sorry that it's... just.... I know the distrust is there, and I don't know how to fix it." She admitted.

". . . it's something I won't be able to move past for... ever, probably."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.