Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Favourite FPS game?

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 06:59:26 )
What's your all time favourite first person shooter? It can be a real retro one or something from the more modern era!

I'm personally a huge fan of the classics, can't get enough of DOOM and BLOOD they're some of my all time favourite games. Also fell in love with DUSK, a recent game that emulates the style and feel of games like BLOOD (to massive success in my opinion). I'd love to hear what FPS games other people enjoy!

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 08:33:05 )
I loved DOOM (though I was horrible at it). 007 Golden Eye for the N64 was fun,too. FPS isn't my main genre (or one I have much experience in). I started out playing Nintendo and Sega and moved onto survival horror (fave genre) and fighting (Tekken,Soul Calibur) when I got older.

Art by the fabulous Inatlaka!

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 08:48:58 )

... am I the only one who read that as 'frames per second' in the title? XD

♫Born of graves and left below ♪ Painted ashes, painted snow♫

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 09:26:57 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Amber Lynne: favorite frames per second game
Completely forgot about first person shooter lol

Mine was either Quake 3 Arena or Borderlands for playing
Even tho I massively sucked at both almost died in the tutorial of the latter, which is still better than my brother who did die lol

Watching someone else play? Borderlands

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 09:56:21 )

@Kitalpha Hart: lmfao. That's how I legit read it. XD
And then I paused and realised how ... little sense that question/statement actually made.

♫Born of graves and left below ♪ Painted ashes, painted snow♫
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 10:15:46 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Amber Lynne: weirdly enough frames per second game doesn't even come off as incorrect for me
I think I've seen too much word shenanigans

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 10:21:12 )
I've been with the far cry series my whole life. It started strong and went in some pretty great directions. I remember how thrilled I was playing Far Cry 1's multiplayer and watching the characters legs, torso, and head all point in different directions depending on where they were walking, shooting and looking. Now I'm thrilled at the sheer amount of content and flavor packed into the game. I love that its got RPG elements, too, because I'm all about the good ol' RPG.

I 'member BLOOD, I played that way too much. I killed many a mime in those days. That could explain my irrational hatred for mimes...

OOH. Another good one, that recently got a modern update: Shadow Warrior. Lo Wang is probably the most quotable protagonist in gaming.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 11:13:16 )

I have a whole bunch XD Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Hexen, Heretic, Blood, Duke Nukem 3D and Unreal.

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 17:24:27 )

》::: ✿・`.*
DOOM is amazing
I like Overwatch and Battlefield
*.`・✿ ::: 《

Please ping me!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 19:34:41 )
I've been playing Doom again on the xbox.(It's om Game Pass.) I dunno if it is a shooter shooter, but I loved Duke Nukem' series.... Not really sure about the new ones as I mainly play The Outer Worlds, Fallout 4 and 76, and Mass Effect again.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 02:16:10 )
@Amber Lynne: To your credit, frames per second are pretty important in shooters haha

@vengeance: Ooo I've been meaning to check out Heretic and Hexen, still haven't gotten around to it. Mabye soon, maybe soon.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 10:12:24 )

@Biohazard: Both are really good. I use the Doomsday engine to play it.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 15:45:36 )

I'm not usually very into FPS games in general, however I find Borderlands to be VERY FUN to play with friends. The cooperative nature and humor really help.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.