Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/2 09:28:43 )
So tonight I was going through papers, photos, etc things I had been keeping for records and family or needing to sort into folders and books.

I came across a few things, once or twice, and quickly put them away. I'm the only one here so I am not sure why I did. Then I came across something else and I felt the need to shuffle it away and then I stopped. I realized I had been shuffling away items from my past that had hurt. It was my knee-jerk reaction to shuffle them away.

This time I stopped. I pulled out the other photos and papers. I took my time looking at each. And when I was done, I smiled. I refuse to be controlled by things in the past.

My past has not defined who I am. It has not destroyed nor has it defeated me. In fact, my past is what strengthens me.

That's all.

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/2 11:10:18 )
Heck yeah! Take back control and own your life. I'm happy for you.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 07:09:53 )
@Glume: it has been liberating. I've thrown out all kinds of items. Redecorated a bit. I simply cannot let yesterday steal the moments we have in today. Ya know?

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 11:10:45 )
@Xanthan: Thats a great attitude. Positive thinking sounds like hippy BS until you practice and get good at it... the things you dwell on tend to be the things you attract in life. I had to try really hard to get invasive negativity out of my life, and now that I have I am so much happier. It sounds like you're on your way to that state of mind as well.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 13:13:05 )
@Glume: agreed. My problem tends to be forgetting to let go. Like I know this stuff, then things get good, and i slow down or stop practicing. eventually it will back up and i am like oh yeah, time to refresh. LOL
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

Voltie — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/4 14:49:11 )

I tend to throw things away unless they're memorable or useful,
so I don't think I have many "painful" things still lying around.

I used to keep more, but that stopped after I moved a few times and couldn't take everything with me.
It gets easier to let things go with practice.

please @ me if you want a response
art by blinkini

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.