Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Game Nostalgia (ff14 edition)

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/24 06:05:53 )
Recently resubbed after uni year one, and decided to make a new character. I was suuper excited to hope back in, and friend got me a story-progress to get to ShB so I can just grind levelling (which I love) and watch all cutscenes. And when I went to Ishgard and heard the music it was like, bam. Nostalgia. xD And all I could think was, I wish I could get gaming amnesia so I could reexperience the magic of this game all over again.

Ever get that feeling?

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/24 07:38:30 )
@Lucifera: omg yes. But then I think, certain games were made more magical and memorable due to circumstance or the people I shared it with. If I had the amnesia I'd want to you know, spread it around and recreate the whole event.

I just imagine how awful it would be to reexperience it but at a lower level and maybe have disdain or indifference for the game :( like FF3 AKA FF6 lol was made even better because where I was at in school plus trading back and forth with a friend of mine for instance when we were trying to collect all the rates for Gau. Sorry for my rant lol memories came flooding back.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/24 08:07:00 )
@Xanthan: Right!

And exactly. I restarted thinking it'd be fun to relive things and I just started to feel suffocated by everything I knew I'd have to do to get back to where I was... Eugh. To be able to experience it, completely blind again... Ughh...
Ping me for fast replies!
https://youtu.be/y4IF2WtkgtM

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/24 10:03:07 )
@Lucifera: it seems like so much work, yet if it could be pulled off, it would so be worth it. I am in a happier place now just thinking of video games past. :)
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.