Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk WTF .... Today just blew my mind

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/20 15:20:42 )
So, everything was pretty good for me and my son for the most part here recently. Job was going well. My son is happy and healthy. Things all around were looking up. And then....

I get to work today. I am early. Looking good. Say hey to everyone. And then the owner comes up to me, hands me two checks and let's me go. :( this job was amazing and I was doing great at it. Sadly recent events put a damper on some things and it evidently affected my job.

So now I am pulling it together. Haven't been able to go home because I cannot face my son just yet. I know we will be ok but I haven't been fired ever in 30+ years. And then bam bam. Anyways that's my rant of sorts. Time to get it together and move forward.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/20 15:31:04 )
Oh Zanthan, that's terrible. My sincere sympathies. Its been a terrible run of things these past few months, but that doesn't make it any easier when it gets personal.

That's tough, but I am sure your son will understand completely. I hope even more that you will be able to be picked up again soon. Im still sorry it happened at all.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/20 15:59:29 )
@Xanthan: ah that's rough. I'm sorry that happened to you.

it's not easy to be fired. I was let go once (they were adamant about saying it wasn't being fired. it was simply not renewing my contract lol) and I felt horrible and my team leader was trying to assure me that people get fired all the time

I'm glad you are still moving forward and good you will be ok

e
and after love and loss and all the tears that I cried, I find that here we are in the future

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/20 18:29:24 )
@Hadassah: thank you. My son is amazing and while he knows I am not working, I do not expect him to try and tackle this as if it were his problem. He is aware of why I am home now. He knows the truth. And he is still a 13 yr old lil boy. I feel too often we expect kiddos to learn about of tackle adult problems.

@eleven: thanks. All I was told is, it isn't working out. But for 2 months I've been a model employee. Not late, no complaints, no issues or coaching. But it did come on the tail end of some personal issues and I have had to leave 2 times for appointments. When I asked about that or any feedback I was given a reinforcement that that was in fact the truth.

This is a blessing and there's a silver lining. I refuse to let it get and keep me down. I am even applying to go back to school sooner than expected.

I love all my friends/volties here.
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/20 21:45:18 )
Hey I am super glad the talk went well. Sometime that sort of thing can be hard to explain regardless of how good they are typically. Cheers and best wishes for the next few weeks as you sort things out for sure! Best of luck with schooling too!

Have a good day!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.