Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Talking about changes (for sake of my love one)

Donator — UWU/ Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/18 09:58:46 )
General topic - about myself:
Im not particularly selfish type of person. My nature is more considerate to others (even if others dont see it, then its good if they dont know). Like I think more about them over myself. My journey made me learn to reserve these kindness to the ones that I love the most (that means the small circle of friends and family). As much as I wanted to share this kindness to everyone else.. but for the sake of others who genuinely care about me, I have to withhold the softness of my heart to others who would potentially make me anxious. but generally, Im okay having a very small circle of friends. I wish for the increase of irl friends by making myself (financially) able to visit those who live away from my place.

Actual topic - my current loveone - pet bird:
I love my friends, co-workers and family/relatives and all but.. nothing beats my love towards my bird. Unfortunately, (my pet bird is yet to be check my the vet so I dont know it's gender yet) it has a different taste of music from me. Mom pointed out that it didnt like my choice of songs for concentration when I draw or work (at home). Its fidgety when play anime/videos that have very loud sounds. It does gave me a huge thinking per se.

So now knowing that there is no way that I will do that again while im with my bird since during work hours my bird needed to be near me or it will scream.. it made me think if my bird is actually either my husband or my child who has a different taste from me from anything (hobbies or any important stuff in their lives).. I should consider making compromise with them for the sake of equality. but that thought alone, it really scared me. Im honestly scared of that kind of new level of change.

Question:
+ Have you had major decision in your life that involves changing your lifestyle? If so, what happen and how did you cope to change?
+ If you're new to relationship or being single most of your life, what was the fear behind of not wanting to change in any of your life?

+ is there an advise that you can give me to cope up with any major life changes?

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/18 12:17:27 )
First of all I want to say its awesome that you care for your pet so much. I'm constantly over-doing things to make my dog happy, and its totally worth it. My advice is to look at this like an adventure. Change is scary, but it can lead you to new things you didn't know you'd love. Maybe you can spend some time playing different types of music for you and your bird, perhaps nature-sounds or even try books on tape if voices soothe you both. You might end up finding something that works even better for you that your bird can groove to as well.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — UWU/ Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/19 04:49:45 )
@Glume: thank you for your advise glume! yeah last night when im doing the midnight doodles (i drew a sketch for 5 hours to 12am lel) when i saw my birb screaming for attention. since I havent tried the game at all, i did it during that time and the sound of the event game made my birb sleep xD

I guess I need to get to know more of the birbs taste by playing some random youtube song whiles it with me ouo
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.