Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat How should I go about this?

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/15 23:45:00 )
I had the same computer screen for almost 20 years, so for the majority of my digital art I had seen things a certain way. Colors look very different on those on old screens compared to flat ones. I got a new screen in october, but it was also after I lost internet at home. I want to edit the gif I use in my posts to make the colors look the way I intended, now that I can see them correctly even at home. The issue? I don't know the rate to put the animation at even if I do edit it. How fast an animation moves on your computer is totally different after you see it online. This is a pretty fast edit if you have internet at home, but I don't. This means if I do it my typical 'try until it's right' method than it'll take forever. I use gimp to create gifs. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I should do?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/17 15:43:50 )
@SnakeWeaver: Nope, sorry... it has been forever since I've dealt with animated graphics... but maybe somebody else can help you out?

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 22:21:50 )
@Wildfire: I hope so. Thank you anyway^^;

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 22:30:57 )
@SnakeWeaver: ... yeah... I'm sorry I don't have suggestions to offer, but at least I can help you keep your thread relevant...?
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/18 22:56:26 )

Well, I'm not familiar with gimp, but I do make animated gifs pretty often. There should be settings for how long the image remains on each frame. It... shouldn't be different just because it's being loaded over the internet, but even if it's a little off these things are relative. The important thing is that the frames work with each other.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/19 02:38:46 )
@Priestess of Pie: They do have settings, but I don't remember the one i used originally on it. Ara ara, ah well. Thank you, i'll try to figure it out, maybe try to make the animation more smooth? might not be possible, ah well~
Free Tiny Pride Flags

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.