Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries Oops forgot about inktober

Donator — DemonQueen Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 00:42:56 )
@RoseyWitch: haha why thank you! hehe
Yeah more stressed about the BS said on Tumblr. The actual commissions are no big deal. hehe Though...the male character is going to be a challenge. LOL
That sounds like fun!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 00:46:51 )
@ravaen: You're welcome~
Aww yeah that's so understandable. But you know, what goes around comes around, and karma is going to bite them in the ass. LOL At least that's what I believe. But aww well I'm glad you'll have fun~ But oof male characters are tricky for me as well. I'm sure it'll turn out great though!
Haha yeah! Right now I'm going to go help my mom with some dinner, meatloaf I believe. LOL I'll reply to shizzle when I get back!

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 00:47:28 )

That's what I aim for anyway.
If I can't use a unique pixel variation, I at least change up the colors.

Donator — DemonQueen Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 01:11:01 )
@RoseyWitch: That sounds so yummy!!
But yup....Males are a pain to do. LOL Especially when they have tentacle hair! HAHA

Donator — Trash Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 02:26:14 )
Interesting idea to scratch out the lines hidden beneath the hair! Your style is reminiscent of Rebecca Sugar. Love it!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 02:40:54 )
@anarchist beauty: Exactly! But I'm sure once you get the hang of it you'll feel better about your art.

@ravaen: It is yummy!
Aren't they? Idk I find the curviness of women makes them easier to draw. But sheesh tentacle hair? LOL That's so difficult. Is it on the longe side? if so I find it easier to draw than shorter tentacle hair.

@sasha: Hahaha thank you! I wanted to do that with the sketch so that if I messed up, I knew where everything was placed, but when I line I think i'm going to do it then too! But thank you! I'm EXTREMELY flattered you think so! She's one of my idols. LOL You're the second person to have told me that this year.

Donator — DemonQueen Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 02:44:35 )
@RoseyWitch: hehe We make it from time to time.
YES! And yeah curves really help with drawing. LOL Men don't have curves...they have muscles! HAHA
Yup! This one has medium length but is in pig tails. :) Lines are done on her but still have to do her man. lol

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 02:49:50 )
@ravaen: Hahaha it's a good thing to have from time to time, especially when it gets colder out!
RIGHT It's like everyone says "Try to make your drawings curve to be more dynamic!!!" But when it comes to guys, how. LOL
AHHH alright. That's kind of cute though? I'm sure it'll turn out beautifully. HAHA I'm sure her man will come out great as well.

Donator — DemonQueen Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 03:03:52 )
@RoseyWitch: It's getting colder here now. OTL Makes it SO hard to get out of bed. LOL
Exactly! How do you do that with male characters!? haha
Yup! I actually own some with that trait so I could practice. I knew I would get orders with that trait so I wanted to practice without any pressure. LOL Yup he has the Normal/Tentacle hair trait. heh heh

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 03:07:32 )
@ravaen: Oh man I know! Same here, BUT, I'm actually sleeping better because of it, so I'm thankful? But joint pains are also not good. LOL
I have no idea. LOLOL I just use shapes. LOL Like trapezoids... Tons of trapezoids. LOL
Ooo that's smart, plus it's a cool trait anyways. It's hard to draw, but fun nonetheless.
OhohohoI'm sure that's easier to draw then.

Donator — DemonQueen Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 03:15:55 )
@RoseyWitch: If the hubby is home I can sleep well bc he is a heater! haha But it gets SO cold in this house that I end up shivering all night. We don't have the normal heaters like most houses....we have a wood stove that warms up the house. LOL
It's a bit hard to draw but I feel I'm getting a bit better each time. :)
Hmmm not sure yet about his. haha

Always Ping Me

Tea Party For Creepers

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 03:22:48 )
@ravaen: Aww!!! that's adorable, thankfully he's warm. LOL But sheesh I'm sorry about that! We have the opposite problem, it gets so hot in the summer that we are miserable because we have bad window air conditioners. But wood stoves don't cut it. At least you can sit near it. ;u;
Oo! i'm so glad though! You can do it! I belieeeeeeeeve!
Hahaha well I'm sure it'll turn out great!

Donator — Trash Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 03:53:16 )
@RoseyWitch: I'm sure you've answered this somewhere before, but what kinds of programs/equipment do you use to draw with?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 03:55:23 )
@sasha: I actually am not asked often! I use a wacom tablet, and I use Paint Tool Sai. But, you can find just as good tablets for cheaper, but they tend to be smaller. This tablet is about 60-70 dollars if I remember? I think you can find Paint Tool Sai for free??? But if you want to buy it it's 40 dollars or something.

Donator — Trash Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 04:03:15 )
@RoseyWitch: Yeah, SAI is a great program. But, it changed to a 1.1 version or something that made me have to redownload it and then my product key was invalid... it was a mess lmao. Maybe not the most user-friendly program, but definitely worth the trouble. Did it ever give you problems?

Wacom tablets are AAAWESOMMME~ I want a Cintiq so bad but they're super expensive :vanora_stunned:

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 04:08:38 )
@sasha: Woah really??? That's weird, did you email them and tell them what happened? Because they say on their site no matter what update it should be fine. But mine has worked fine unless I use anything over a 3000x3000 pixel canvas. Haha then it lags, but it could be my computer.

RIGHT??? Aren't they? The pressure sensitivity is fantastic. I'm HOPING a cintiq goes on sale sometime or something. I've heard that there were cheaper alternatives that were almost just as good?

Donator — Trash Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 04:26:23 )
@RoseyWitch: I didn't email them, though I did get it fixed with a little elbow grease (re-installed and re-entered product code). Have you ever used Manga Studio? It has some neat effects similar to PS without the subscription price. I use it for editing, touch-ups, and effects that I'm too lazy to accomplish in SAI lol.

I wiiish a Cintiq would go on sale. I got a Yiynova a couple of years back. It gets the job done, though it has some problems. Like, the surface is glassy instead of textured, so drawing has a completely different feel. Mine's display is also on the cool side, so colors will look a little wonky if I'm not careful... And adjusting the color settings never gets it quite right.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 06:25:48 )
@sasha: Oh thankfully it works now. Haha but no I haven't! I WAS going to get it rather than Sai, but I figured I'd give Sai a spin. LOL Especially since it's the cheaper option. LOL

Right??? Ugh. I'll probably look for one that's on ebay or something. LOL They should have better prices. But I heard UGEE's tablet monitor is really good. But that sucks that you have a good tablet, but they got a few things wonky like the lighting and texture of it.

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 11:42:39 )
@sasha: yooo what, the Cintiq's surface is TEXTURED?
I should've held out for one of those instead of my Surface Pro. It works but a textured surface would fix.. a lot of problems, lol.

Digging all the art chat going on in here. owo
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Voltie — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/3 23:12:46 )
@addy: I'm digging the art chat as well. It's a lot of fun LOL

20-Lesbian
I'm randomly active bc of anxiety!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.