Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I got an interview tomorrow

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/4 22:04:00 )

@Uncledaddy: I worked at an assembly line. But I also had to do heavy lifting of pallets and stuff. I have a diploma in Graphics Design. But we had a financial crisis when I got out of school. And my job type was not wanted then.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/4 22:11:21 )

@vengeance: Damn. That's something that scares me about going to school, if I'm ever able to: it's not a guarantee that there will be a need for you, especially for entry-level positions. I hear assembly line type work can be rough on you. I hope you find something you can comfortably do, if you haven't already.

@koneko: The cat cafe works with some kind of shelter/organization (not sure exactly who), as all the cats in the cafe are adoptable. And they do a pretty good job, since most of the cats are different every time I go. They get adopted out pretty quickly there. So if nothing else, I'm sure they'd be able to tell me who they work with. idk why I didn't think of that :o

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/4 22:12:46 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Uncledaddy: I looked up haunted houses/haunted attractions in my area. There’s a farm near me that does a haunted farm thing every year, so I contacted them and asked them if they needed people and when/where/how to apply. :D A lot of the more professional attractions have their own websites you can directly apply to. It just depends on what’s in your area.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/4 22:14:30 )

@Uncledaddy: Unfortunaly still no job yet. I also did some cleaning work but again not suitable for my back.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/4 22:26:56 )

@Tsundererra: If not this year, then definitely next year, assuming I'm able, that would probably be a good idea.

@vengeance: I hope you find something, then! I would keep looking around for anything relevant to your certification, definitely. Back problems are supposedly the number one thing people get disability for, but I've heard a lot of people struggling to actually get it. My dad hasn't gotten his, either, though I don't think he had a disability lawyer.

@koneko: My city has 2 cat cafes, and neither one is hiring. :^( Apparently there are some in my state that are, but they're way too far out.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/4 22:39:59 )

@koneko: But then I have to learn how to be a manager! ...at which point I can just take the management position at the one near me and save myself a lot of money and trouble. Problem solved.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/4 22:44:58 )

@Uncledaddy: I’m a temp office worker. Do you think that you would be able to do that. It’s a lot easier than retail on your body.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/4 22:48:31 )

@Totalanimefan: Physically, sure. I just don't have the experience for a job like that. Never done anything but retail and yard work, and I don't have any kind of degree or certification.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/4 22:49:33 )

@Uncledaddy: I only have my AA. To work the front desk you just have to be able to answer the phone and be polite. There isn’t much more to it.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/5 01:33:31 )

@Totalanimefan: Haven't found anything like that here, unfortunately. Even dish washer positions seem to want specialized experience these days.

@koneko: Mine would be decorated better at least. > n> ...I'd call it "Biscuits".

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/5 02:50:31 )

@koneko: SHEEEI--
though come to think of it if it were possible to combine a small bakery with a cat cafe, that'd be purrfect perfect. quick, somebody win me a bunch of money

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/5 03:18:42 )

@koneko: we can open one together and save some of the hassle. It would be p nice, though I'm under no illusions that running one would be as relaxing as visiting one... Still, can't have too many places dedicated to helping out kittycats. Or coffee.

Donator — Miz/Mizzy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/5 03:43:02 )
Good luck man!! Hope all goes well!! ♡

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/5 06:27:16 )

@Uncledaddy: I know what you mean. :(

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/5 17:40:42 )

I just got back from the interview. It was very laid back; the woman I talked to said I seemed pretty chill, and she'd pass on the info to her DM and I should hear back within the week. Pretty sure I got this.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/5 18:08:00 )

@koneko: FINGERS CROSSED.. again. but i'm sure they will. they are gonna need people in there. She said it's more of an "as needed" basis than a regular schedule, though, which is OK I guess. It's not a really huge operation. > n> and 9$ an hour, bleh. BUT this just means I'll have the chance to do commissions or something on the side now.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/5 18:25:55 )

@koneko: Exactly. And I'll p much have to, since it's temp, but if all goes well I'll have until sometime in November. Ideally, I'd see about transferring to their other store when the season is up, but that depends on them and whether or not a better opportunity comes along elsewhere.

AKA Count Trashula

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.