Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Steven Universe: The Movie

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/2 20:33:44 )
Today (sept. 2) on Cartoon Network!

Anyone else gonna watch too?

I need to get me a good Steven Universe themed avatar going. XD

post discussions, favorite gifs, or anything else Steven Universe related in anticipation of the movie this evening!

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/2 22:26:58 )

Wait what?
Damn.
I don't have cable or anything - purely online stuff (Netflix, Crave and atm Prime)
I wanna see it. DX

♯ Obsession \\ Rejection \\ Your final breath \\ is now my possession ♯

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/2 22:34:43 )
@koneko: and
@amber lynne: I'm watching it through Hulu! I don't use cable either. XD

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/2 22:37:32 )

@Mousy: Hulu and Canada aren't quite the nicest pair. XD
You'll have to let me know how it is! ~<3

♯ Obsession \\ Rejection \\ Your final breath \\ is now my possession ♯
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/2 23:02:14 )
I won’t post any spoilers, but I think I’ll cry at least once XD
SU always gets me in my feels

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/3 01:52:45 )
I'd watch it, but my mom has control of the only TV with cable. ;w;

Voltie — Lil' Birb Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/3 23:32:11 )
I screamed, I cried, I loved it.

Also.....
<Dont open dis spoiler if you haven't watched the movie>
This totally caught me off guard xD

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/4 02:20:29 )
@frossy: YAAAAsSSSSSSSSS
I screamed too!

Sooo Steg is my new favorite ever and I squealed a lot.
Also, I am Spinel. Spinel is me. It's a shame that she was shoving my insecurities in my face like that.

Also, Also, am in love with the Diamonds. They are my Golden Girls.

I want to watch it again because I feel like there are so many hidden things I missed.

Voltie — Lil' Birb Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/4 03:54:18 )
@mousy:

Steg killed me haha, it was just too much for me to handle. AND THE STEG AND OPAL DUET, MY HEART WAS SO HAPPY.

UGH I LOVED SPINEL. SHE WAS WONDERFUL.

Haha the diamonds killed me! They just love steven so much! Glad they found another little pink thing to love LOL!
I kind of want to watch it again too, just cause i loved it so much lol... JUST WANNA LISTEN TO ALL THE SONGS AGAIN

Art by Uncledaddy!

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/5 01:25:38 )

"
I loved the movie. I am a huge Steven Universe fan, collected all the Pop figures, t shirts, legos I can gather lol.... I have too much. Anyway, Steg was awesome and Spinal was great. She wasn't exactly what people were expecting and I am glad of that. Her character is very inspired by old animations, and I love that. The character development was quick, but not bad. I loved the music. Big fan!
"

Voltie — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/6 14:41:28 )
I forgot to post here huh :>

im gonna sob all the songs were so great I can't stop looping some of them on youtube

Steg was like omg dhbdbd wasn't expecting at all dhdbbd I guess Greg gets to feel what fusion is like now fhdbdbb DAT HAIR THO

Spinel's intro song already kinda gave a clue to her backstory it was all just a big oof when I first watched it like "other friends" oh no was she a former friend who Pink left behind hhhh and Drift Away was like...hhhhhh so sadddd hhhhh spinelllll you poor bean oof, who hasn't pink left behind at this rate oof

Also I forgot but one of my fave parts of the animation in Other Friends other than movement was the way Spinel's pupils/irises would change size, I loved that so much it looked so coooll and it really fed more emotion into it I think ;w;

Hello I need help save me
Also can somebody plz pixel a good spinel hair im dying over here

Right now I'm doodling Spinel because fhdbndnd her style? That rubberhose? So cool djdnnd I wanna play with the creativity her limbs give us aaaaaaaaa

The diamonds are so good they sound like a heavenly choir im gonna sob aaaaaa

"My Umgreg Universe" kills me everytime.

Aaannndddd I have to keep my mouth zipped around my friend because she haven't seen it yet annnddd we need to watch it together aahhhh I warned her off pinterest for the time being because I accidentally spoilered myself a bit there before I saw the movie which is annoying because surely there should be at least like...a month or two set time of leeway before people publicly post spoilers that can be seen accidentally :/

Djxnxjjd anyway yes help me it's a beautiful movie and I wanna add a song to my profileee butttt I need to wait at least three months because I don't wanna spoil people accidentally hhhhhhh
"I'm the loser of the game you didn't know you were playing."

Ping me for a response.

"Someday, somewhere, somehow..."

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/7 18:52:30 )
@dipper: YES. Everything yes!

Drift Away is so sad! I was just like dang! Pink you were such a mean gem! I have strong feelings against pink, but my husband loves her. He just keeps talking to me about how I’ve left things behind in my life, but geez! I didn’t exactly tell those things I’d come back or that we were playing a game! (Edited because I have very strong language inducing pink feelings XD)

Another favorite song is the one with Steven and Amethyst- so cute!

Petition to start a petition for gem themed items 🤣

Also, your sig is one of my favorite song quotes from the whole movie!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/7 18:53:13 )
There’s an encore showing tonight if anyone hasn’t seen it yet and wants to!

I’m definitely watching again. It was the first movie my child has sat through in its entirety.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/9 16:01:10 )

"
About Pink, She was not intentional in leaving her behind for 6000 years. I think her main goal was remove herself from a very clingy relationship. Spinel is a great character, however she was clingy and was programmed to be such. We forget that Gems and Diamonds are all in a way programmed to be a certain way for centuries. Pink grew up knowing this. She was the court jester and she didn't want to be that any more. She needed to escape. She ended up finding herself on Earth and left a lot of her followers behind. You make sacrifices for the betterment of yourself and society. It seems cruel but she essentially saved earth from a genocide.You got remember Diamonds and gems have created mass genocide of hundreds of planets. Pink was only doing what she thinks was best and sometimes your best isn't always perfect. Steven is sick and tired of fixing his mom's war aftermath, however he and the other Crystal Gems understand why she did it and the reasoning. It was hard for them to understand it all but she did sacrifice herself to give life to Steven. It's possible Steven would have died. I get this feeling Steven's birth was a part fusion between Greg and Rose aka Pink. Some how that day they danced trying to fuse, something happened and create Steven or possibly a time not mentioned.That would be interesting if they do explain it and the possibility of similar fusions to exist. I don't think it was done naturally, like two humans lol.... I do think it was something between Greg and Rose aka Pink. Now, whether Pink is perfect, I can say no, however her intentions were not out of hate or malicious, just confusion and naivety. She had to leave the old behind and start fresh. It is possible Spinel would have easily followed in Pink's footsteps, but would she have changed or still be clingy? That is the true question and even so, could she truly have returned in time anyway? She hasn't return to home world at all. She wanted no parts of it. It was toxic. I have known people who left family, even good family because of the toxicity of their parents or siblings. They regret leaving them behind but they had too in order to save themselves. Many don't even reconnect and if they do, it is many many years latter.
s
"

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/11 02:49:06 )
I finally got to watch it! OMG I loved it!
Lucifer's Pet

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/12 03:01:14 )
Yaaaasssssssssssssss!!!!
Was it everything you could have ever hoped for?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/12 05:24:23 )
@mooneevee: I'm still mulling over what you said.

Like seriously, I'm over here pondering it in the car on my way to work and in bed when I can't sleep. xD

I just am not sure I'm ready to let go of my Pink feelings yet.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 02:43:36 )

"
Mousy:
@mooneevee: I'm still mulling over what you said.

Like seriously, I'm over here pondering it in the car on my way to work and in bed when I can't sleep. xD

I just am not sure I'm ready to let go of my Pink feelings yet.

lol.... Totally understandable! :) "

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.