Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/2 04:12:01 )
@Totalanimefan: Also fingers crossed my student loan response comes in soooon. xD

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/2 04:16:13 )
@Scribartz: The tax makes things expensive, def. I'm a part of a diplomatic household so we get our tax refunded
Attractions? Definitely. I didn't go out much tho But there's a lot of stuff to do in Toronto.
And as for people, well... Toronto is a big place! I stayed in Uptown Toronto for the most part and the people are different I think in different parts of Toronto

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/2 04:21:09 )
@Bioshock: Thank you... <3 I want to try and do that, some professors are really good about these things. But I have yet to meet my professors so I have no idea if they are the type who will meet me half way, or if they're the ones who just wanna show up and get that paycheck, ya know? Of course I'm going to try and use every tool at my disposal, and do my best. I just really want this year to go well.

@Ixora: Diplomatic household? Where do I sign up to become one of those?
Ohhh! If you end up getting accepted you have got to tell me if it's a good place to live. Saskatoon is okay but holy heck if it's
the most bland place to live. xD

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/2 04:23:39 )
@Scribartz: Lmao. You gotta work for foreign service if you want to XD
Uptown Toronto is pretty quiet. I assume most of the night life is in downtown XD
I like living in the quiet part tho. The only time it got noisy was when the Raptors won lol

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/2 04:28:14 )
@Ixora: you: you have to be in this.
Me: *googles how to get into it* Challenge accepted.

Lol. But in all seriousness, It's good to hear about that place from someone who actually went there. Realistically my college i want to go to is in the scarborough area so it's not directly in toronto. So I have high hopes that I'll have the best of both worlds. City life and quiet studious life.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/2 04:57:01 )
@Scribartz: Im glad it helped and you'll do fine! it sounds like you're very determined and motivated to work hard, I think that's the most important thing to have

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/2 04:58:33 )
@koneko: Thank you, Koneko! I will keep all of this in mind. I'm the same, I can be a huge cry baby, but I also know I ca wallow so I try to like, give myself a time where I can cry. [usually in the shower] and then it's me being happy pappy when i get out. But yeah.

@Hachi: I am. I failed going to college once, then took a CNA course and proved I could be good at school. And now I finally am trying again at like, a university. So for me, This is me giving myself one more shot. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. ^^; and that's just it. That's why I'm so determined to try and give myself my best chance with any advice, tips, tricks, and routines I can.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/2 05:07:38 )
@Scribartz: I've been to Scarborough a bunch of times.
Idk what College you're going for? Centennial?
If you're ever in Toronto, lmk. We can board game it up somewhere XD

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/2 05:43:06 )
@koneko: We call ourselves bottlers. xD I've been told before I'm so whiny, or too negative, etc. So for me it's easier to just chole it all down than say anything. =\ This habit isn't natural, it's learned. That's the saddest part about it.

@Ixora: That's the one!
And i will for sure! It'll be a while before I can even visit to see the college at this point. xD But
hey, I'll for sure let you know if I ever am. =3

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/2 06:44:18 )

@Scribartz: yeah that’s the other stressful part.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/2 08:21:37 )
@Scribartz: I can't believe... I guessed it on my first try... XD
Are you based in Saskatoon? :o

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/2 08:48:42 )
@Ixora: Tis the most attractive school i can find up here. xD if I'm being honest.
Yuuup. xD The kansas of canada. I just Looooove being here. *insert eye roll*

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/2 08:54:22 )
@Scribartz: I've already finished a 4 year undergraduate and I'm trying to get into a 2 year diploma program at Seneca King City!
What do you wanna get at Centennial?
Lmao. I've only been in Ontario

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/2 08:57:33 )
@Ixora: Videogame art design. Lol.
xD Good. Ontario is a nice place to be. Hehe.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/2 09:00:49 )
@Scribartz: Any reason why Centennial? There's a bunch of other places that offer it too? O:
I guess so. I'm completing my application to Seneca as we speak. But I wanna put int 2nd and 3rd choices to programs, y'know... just to be sure.
And I'm still looking up what those 2nd and 3rd choices are gonna be.

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/2 21:04:42 )
@Ixora: Just liked how it looked and what it offered a lot better than others I saw. There are a lot of colleges there that do it, but i don't really like the sound of them. ^^;
Heyyyy! Get that acceptance letter yuuuuuuuup!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/3 04:39:01 )
@Scribartz: I've actually never seen Centennial (but the street it's on sounds hella cool). It's pretty far to the place I go to in Scarborough.
eeeeeeeeee. I haven't sent it in yeeeet.

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/3 20:28:20 )
@Ixora: I did a digital tour. They apparently had a feng shui expert come in to set up their dorms and stuff. And it's just.... ugh... Seems perfect. Along with designated community study areas. I'm hoping... lol. One day.
Still! GETTTT ITTT~!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/4 04:30:52 )
@Scribartz: Oooh dude. I should look at the virtual tour. I did it for Seneca King and I loved it - made me inspired to study lmao XD
Pray for my application lmao XD

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/4 05:02:33 )
@Ixora: xD Same. Plus the way they have some dorm rooms set up make me actually like, want to be there. There's one set up where i believe there is a partition wall in the dorm room to cut off the sides, but it stops and has and opening and there's like a tbale in the middle and it's like, okay, some privacy? But maybe a study area? Idk what it is all about but it was weird enough that I liked it.
https://www.centennial-place.ca/floor-plans

Idk why they'd make it like that but I just... ugh. I can't wait to get past this 4 year and gooooo.
Ping me for fast replies!
https://youtu.be/y4IF2WtkgtM

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.