Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat What's the story behind your username?

Voltie — Moon-Cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 20:30:34 )
My username (Garrister) is the name I used when I created a LotRO account to play with my older sister a few years ago. Since then it's been my go-to for game account names, as well as the name of my Pathfinder character who is just a generic warrior/fighter/whatever it's officially called. That being said, it was more suited to be a name for a big buff-type guy, it's not extremely fitting for my avi. XD

What about you?

Donator — he/him/his Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 20:58:25 )
my name is kurt and i play the ukulele and i really like puns and wordplay

not really suited to my avi either, since i decided to make it my main OC rather than myself

<br>
tyson pixel by alexis! RIP tyson
<br>

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 21:01:18 )

used to go by a different username that started with D, millions of years ago on another site. picked up the nickname of "uncle D" based on personality and the character of my avatar. The D turned into "daddy" because I was in the habit of calling people "son" and "uncledaddy" had a nice ring to it. Also p much same reasoning as that show "Uncle Grandpa" lol, "I'm everybody's uncle and grandpa dad" in spirit. Friendly and mildly humorous.
That said, as more people these days take it in a particular way, it's lost some of its charm for me and I might eventually change it. This and my discord are the last of my existing Uncledaddy accounts across various sites. I use Count Trashula more often now.
And since we're on the topic of name origins, Trashula is exactly what it sounds like. Dracula, but trashy. Because I'm trashy, and also I spent 3 years working as maintenance and thus spent most of my time covered in literal trash. And I love spooky things, especially Dracula. Also I've been on night shift for over a decade and my medications make me sensitive to sun exposure, so... you know. It fits.
I'm fighting the temptation to move away from that one, too, though, since "trash" seems to have become a meme of sorts among young folks on tumblr and whatnot lol. But I like the name, so maybe I'll keep it.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 21:05:05 )

There is a song by Before The Dawn called Vengeance. I liked that band and that was my favorite song.

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 21:05:35 )

well, my names kai, kai was taken on whatever i was signing up to, so i made it kairo, and somewhere along the line i added ‘sama’ to it, and now i am kairosama

@Uncledaddy: u will always be uncledaddy u are the best uncle dad around
“among young folks on tumblr” u act as if ur like 42 boi

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 21:06:40 )
I was just looking around for pretty fantasy names, came across Laufeia. Been using it for years. Thought it was beautiful, and I liked the name meaning. Laufeia is the Norse god of destruction/evil, and also Loki’s mother. The name means wooded/leafy island in old Norse. It is also a genus of spiders.
Shop | Hangout | Quest

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 21:25:00 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

I love birds. Especially parrots. Parrots love Millet. The End.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 21:27:54 )

@KairoSama: not yet That's partly how it came about :Y

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 21:31:23 )
I'm named after a Japanese "visual-kei" rockstar. XD;;
(Usually stylized as Közi, but the site doesn't allow the umlaut. XD;; )
I'm constantly tossing back and forth between changing it, though.
I used to go as Yue (I have it on here as my mule), and I miss it sometimes.

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 21:37:59 )

@Uncledaddy: u remind me of this guy on imvu i was friends with, i started calling him daddy bc he was like a dad figure and he cared about his friends SO MUCH
but then people were like “ooooh he’s ur daddy ;) ;)” and it ruined the whole thing :(
curse tumblr

Voltie — Moon-Cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 21:39:41 )
@ukurtlele: I like it! I used to tell myself I hate puns, but I think I've always secretly liked them a lot.

@uncledaddy: Yeah, that's unfortunate. UncleDaddy does have a nice ring to it but it makes sense why you'd be wanting to change it. vnv

@vengeance: I've never heard of Before the Dawn, I might have to check them out now. :0

@Kairosama: that's one thing I really like about Garrister, since I just made it up it's never taken on anything. Actually it might've been taken once, but I forget where. <u<

@Laufeia: I used to do that a lot when I would roleplay with friends, I'd look up cool or pretty fantasy names for the characters. ^^

@millet: Parrots are pretty lovely, I must say.

@Kozi: I see. XD Yue sounds good too, so rest assured that whichever you end up settling on, it's the right choice. <u<
...And with that, he was gone.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 21:45:10 )
@Garrister: Awww, thank you.

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — Bunnies! Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 21:56:24 )
Elie is technically from groove adventure rave lol lol

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 22:01:45 )

@Garrister: ah lucky! kai is always taken ):

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 22:56:45 )

@KairoSama: Exactly >:^( those jokes were funny for a while, but it got old. if I do change it, I might keep the uncle part. that hasn't been ruined yet...

@Garrister: plus it's never taken on other sites, which is rare.

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 23:04:15 )

@Uncledaddy: it’s kinda sad that i’ve seen people have papi ruined for them bc they call their dad papi bc they’re LITERALLY HISPANIC and people are like WhY dO U cAlL Ur dAd pAPi
u could go back to uncle D and just let people interpretations the D heh

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 23:13:46 )
Had Lucretia as a name on a different website and got called Lucre for short. LordLucre just sounded right and that's why it's my name.
Lucifer's Pet

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 23:37:25 )

@KairoSama: people need to stop... It's fine that words gain multiple meanings and all, but contain yourselves. and idk i've thought about just making it Uncle, but that does seem incomplete. hmmm

AKA Count Trashula

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 00:24:30 )

@Uncledaddy: they do ew
cant even call ur own dad 'daddy' without people thinking its a kink smh

Uncle sounds like it should have something after it tbh
u could always use ur name?

Shop | Art Thread | used to be cowboy belphie, buggaboy, kairosama | forum bunny by kouenli

Donator — they/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 00:32:11 )
. . .
I was playing Kid Icarus like right before I discovered Voltra. So.
/ Icarus. /

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.