Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee New rat in town

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/12 19:18:27 )

@Monorea: It was Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair ! I sorta need to play it first to play the game I'd really like to play (Ultra Despair girls) cause it has spoilers for this game lol. I tend to only game for around 3-4 hours, 8 was really long for me (it also didn't help I was video chatting with friends and getting distracted lol.) and yeah Jrpgs do tend to be like that unfortunately, but its not too horribly bad.
Oooh, what's Pool panic??

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/12 19:25:28 )

@Howonk: I subscribe to humble monthly so it was a game in the last months bundle. "The world's least realistic pool simulator game" So an adventure game with pool elements? It's hard to describe games.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/12 20:36:32 )

@Monorea: Ahhh okay !!!! I'll look it up to get a better sense of it. Is it any fun? Like in a Stanley Parable type of way I would assume ?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/12 20:44:17 )

@Howonk: The stanley parable is more an exploration game than anything. I mean the stanley parable is great but not in terms of gameplay.
And no pool panic is composed of levels and the goal is to get balls into holes by shooting your white ball at them, but they all behave differently and it's kinda fun to see the shenanigans that are in each level but like i said hard to get every throphy on every level but luckily you only need 350 of them for the highest achievment relating to thropies.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/13 14:25:26 )

@Monorea: Ah true, true. And oh that makes sense! I was thinking of an actual pool, the swimming kind. Not the pool game lol. That makes much more sense now !

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/13 14:31:31 )

@Howonk: Well it is the same word so i understand that can be confusing. Back to working on my hitman and hitman 2 progress. But it's notoriously slow to get everything in those games. Thinking of playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance but the download speed at home is slow so it takes more than a day to download a 50 gb game. xP

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/13 16:41:57 )

@Monorea: Ohhh hitman!!! I've always personally wanted to play those games but I've never gotten around to getting them, not even watching a playthrough of either Dx
and I've got you, I remember sitting and waiting FOREVER for LoL to download ;-; it took literally an entire DAY AND A HALF. And I even have decent wifi

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/13 21:26:58 )

@Howonk: I think the first Hitman game i played was blood money and that was fairly fun and the story was somewhat fun even if wasn't as deep as i like. But yeah its fun to plan the kill and then make it all happen perfectly.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/13 22:35:52 )

@Monorea: Nice !!! I might look up a playthrough of one and listen to it while I draw.
And I could see why, although I'd probably just go as fast as possible and see how fast i could get it done, stealth or not lol

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/13 22:52:21 )

@Howonk: Well i mean you can take a couple of shots and since the point is not being seen it's not the smartest combat ai either so i think you could do it without subterfuge or stealth but if you want to do it quick then combat isn't the best way in almost any scenario.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/13 23:38:01 )

@Monorea: True true !!! Though stealth does seem like it would be required in certain sections, if not then it would be extremely difficult otherwise. Though that just provides a challenge.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/14 00:00:56 )

@Howonk: I am a bit disappointed in hitman 2, cutscenes are just still images and not real cutscenes like in hitman (at least the ones i have seen).
It feels like they planned it all to be one game but cut it in two because it became long and many of the items are just a recolor of the ones in the first game saying mark II on them. It feels a bit silly. The game play is there but the effort feels like it went down between games.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/14 18:32:02 )

@Monorea: Are they? That gives me Bayonetta vibes, half the cutscenes are just images with changing poses, camera angles, etc. cause they didn't have time to finish them all. Still turned out great though in my opinion, although that technique could differ in other games.
I get what you mean, I've experienced that in games also, unfortunately. It just seems to happen at one point or another.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/14 21:02:41 )

@Howonk: It is annoying that they have to finish in time nowadays, games got delayed in the past and they got better for it. Now they just leave it as is instead of finishing it up. Sad really.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 01:21:22 )

@Monorea: It truly is. I'm glad they are delaying the games they are, like Acnh if im correct, to make sure that not only the game is the best it can be, but to also take care of employees.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 06:44:00 )

@Howonk: Could you link that? Google isn't showing me the game. Yeah crunch is a real problem in the industry nowadays.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 17:16:07 )

@Monorea: Yeah!!! It's Animal Crossing: New Horizons! Heres an article on the delay; here!
And yeah it really is. It concerns me how much companies are willing to crunch their employees.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 17:34:24 )

@Howonk: Oh it was an abbreviation, i never get what those mean but yeah i heard about nintendo taking it's time on that game. Losing money but being a good company at least concerning recent matters.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/16 01:01:02 )

@Monorea: Yeah! And that's alright, sometimes I dont get the abbreviations either. And it is nice that nintendo wants to make sure that its employees are safe and well while working on the game instead of rushing them, even if it does lose a bit of money.

|| Ping me for the fastest response please! ||

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/16 17:33:34 )

@Howonk: I do wish that playstation and nintendo would let go of their older titles so they could be ported to the computer tho but thats never going to happen.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.