Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat What were you convinced of as a kid?

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/26 19:10:45 )

@SirLionelNigelConrad: what the hell? What is wrong with those people?

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/26 19:14:38 )

@SirLionelNigelConrad: and I saw last Friday how the filter toiletpaper out and make all sort of things with it

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/26 19:22:15 )

@SirLionelNigelConrad: for technicians

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/26 19:44:00 )

This isn't about something i believed but when i learned to ride the bicyckle i learned how to ride it before i learned to brake. You can all guess what happened right?

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/26 19:52:16 )

@SirLionelNigelConrad: plot twist: @Monorea: is secretly ET

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/26 19:54:03 )
Two things I can remember clearly.

One, I thought vampires were real. My mom was showing her kid off to her coworkers and this one guy had very prominent canines. Like maybe he had bad dental hygiene or he'd been injured or something. And I asked my mom, in front of everyone, if he was a vampire. The guy got really upset (I guess it was a touchy subject) and my mom was so embarrassed. She said that man never spoke to her again.

I also remember thinking that if I didn't get off the elevator on my floor, I could never get off. I had been hospitalized for pneumonia when I was maybe four, and the doctors had me sealed up in a tent with some kind of mist spraying on me nonstop. It must have been pretty bad. But when I was finally discharged to go home and my mom took me onto the elevator and pressed the "G" for ground floor or whatever, the elevator stopped at another floor to let some man on and I tried to run off but the doors closed in my face. I started screaming because I thought we would be trapped in the elevator forever. LOL!

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/26 19:57:28 )

@Eldweena: vampires are real, I’m sure of that

Hospital elevators scared me as a kid

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/26 20:02:36 )

@SirLionelNigelConrad: I like shabbat elevators. You get to peek at every floor.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/26 20:03:28 )

@SirLionelNigelConrad: I ran the bicycle into a set of stairs flipped and lost several layers of skin in several places.

@Eldweena: Vampires are real

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/26 20:10:23 )
@Tuijp: I'm the youngest of the family and I grew up surrounded by boys. Even then, couldn't tell the difference.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/26 20:14:38 )

@LordLucre: my male cousins told me

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/26 20:24:52 )

@SirLionelNigelConrad: Haven't heard that expression before but yeah......it was not a nice month after that.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/26 20:35:54 )
@Tuijp: I don't remember when I found out.
Lucifer's Pet

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/26 20:56:23 )

@SirLionelNigelConrad: I won't forget doesn't mean they will always work tho.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/26 21:54:23 )

When I was very young, like 4.
I thought that all dogs were boys and all cats were girls. But then I wondered how they made baby dogs then?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/27 09:28:27 )

@Totalanimefan: by magic, obviously
@Bioshock: as a kid, I once saw on the news how a snake crawled out of a toilet. I was then scared that was normal.
@koneko: I have the same, but my mother didn’t. When I asked her about it, she freaked out and took me to the doctor.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/27 10:01:58 )

@Tuijp: I mean during the time of year when the ice melts snakes happen to turn up in peoples toilets now and then.

@koneko: It is not that unusual to see such things, i call them dust bunnies and a friend of me from a neigbooring country saw those dust like things in the darkness be on top of her fridge and steal cookies from the cookie jar once. So probably some kind of goblin in these cases.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/27 10:37:56 )

@Monorea: that’s only when there are snakes in your country

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/27 17:51:57 )

@koneko: she was scared I had a brain tumour or something

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/27 17:52:38 )

@koneko: Oh the whole field of vision, hmmmmm. No idea what that could be, maybe you are out of tune with the world?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.