Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk This is over!

Donator — ♥? Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/16 02:35:17 )

@kairosama: Ahh so they are both gross...
As for your friend, not as bad, but still, as long as it was strictly a platonic relationship, I don’t see the problem. People can have the same interests, and it’s nice to talk to someone who does when you are young..

FC SW-5104-7051-7446

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/16 04:17:23 )
Yeesh. Underage dating is so weird to me. I used to be that 15 yr old, (but like @milkdaddy: I lied about my age), who "internet dated" 5+ yr age gaps. As a 22 yr old lady: I realize now that's fucked up, and some legit groomed me.

Even just talking, and having an emotional connection is gross & immoral if you call it dating, as that's implying romamce, and kissing etc. imagery. I believe children (I'm of the mindset that 17 and below are def children, and I see 18 & 19 as kids still hell I still see myself as a child sometimes) and adults can be friends, but I don't feel comfortable with them being bf & gf/ etc & etc (with the addendum of 2 yr age difference).

A 15 yr age gap is a totally different dynamic for a 30 & 45 yr old vs a 15 & 30. I'm glad it was looked into, and handled by the admin. I doubt it'll ever stop happening, but I am relieved communities tend to take it seriously.

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/17 00:47:35 )
Kai says...

last update: all 3 of them are banned now! i think its all over now, i havent seen anything new about the situation, and im not entirely sure why the 15 year old was banned? i think it was because they kept going after older guys, but hey the staff mustve had a reason to ban them, right?
also minor note, i didnt know the 15 year olds age until the situation blew up. i knew the 24 and 15 year olds were dating for a while, but the 24 year old never told me the 15 year olds age so i had no idea till the situation.
i also didnt know straight away who the 15 year old was until someone said their username, and once i found out i asked the 24 year old about it and if they knew their age, which they did
okay update over, if anything new comes up i can let u know if ur all invested LMAO
@Peachy:
@SirLionelNigelConrad:
@Bioshock:
@Fellowsheep:

Thank you for listening!

Shop | Art Thread | used to be cowboy belphie, buggaboy, kairosama | forum bunny by kouenli

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/18 03:48:25 )
That whole situation is messed up, for one.

Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephebophilia

I think that's more likely what the older dudes are in this case. Just saying.
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/23 05:39:22 )
Pee:
a pedophile is a pedophile whether theyre currently having sex with the minor or not. dating a minor is what you call grooming a child and its classic pedophile behavior. zero grey area there. and its not the teens fault for being in a situation theyre not equipped to consent to, its the adults fault. it is an adults responsibility not to put themselves or a child in that situation. there is no accident or excuse, an adult should not date a minor.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I can't believe the majority of people were defending the 30-year old. That sounds like a community I would want to avoid. Ick.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.