Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk For everyone who loves dollar tree

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 10:53:44 )
Staff Memo:
This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

I have very bad news: Dollar stores warn they need to raise prices over Trump

And not only that. Avocado's will also become more expensive.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 10:57:21 )

I don’t love Dollar Tree but I think this is bad. Tariffs help no one. They don’t help companies, people or profits. It’s Econ 101 to know that they are bad and that they just pass the money into consumers.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 10:59:02 )

@Totalanimefan: Yes but Trump really doesn't care. Also edited the post with some other news.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 11:00:44 )

@vengeance: I was at the store today and I thought the same thing about avocados.
We all know Trump doesn’t care but it’s still wrong and the wrong choice to make. I don’t know why more libertarians aren’t making a fuss over this.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 11:01:57 )

By the way I like it when you post news stories we can have a conversation about in the serious forum.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 11:03:02 )

@Totalanimefan: Here in my country they keep on saying people need to eat more healthy. But they just raised the tax on food. So healthy food also got more expensive.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 11:05:05 )

@vengeance: that seems dumb. What will that new money be used on?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 11:08:39 )

@Totalanimefan: On our debt we have. That is the only reason they raised it. The government needs money.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 11:10:58 )

@vengeance: oh I see. Food doesn’t seem like the best way but I’m sure they did there research

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 11:11:28 )

I’m off to bed for the night. It’s 3am. Night

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 11:13:09 )

@Totalanimefan: Bye bye.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 11:56:50 )

On the debt the wealthiest three or four could pay off without having to raise taxes on those who can not survive with less money? That debt?

Item QuestHangoutSales

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 12:23:38 )
@Little Crane: HA! YES.
I like the things you say my dear.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 19:59:12 )

@SirLionelNigelConrad: Yes, it is known that Tariffs are politically driven, and people will say that it's so people will buy the countries goods and not foreign goods. But what I say to that is get good scrub make a better product that I want to buy more than the other. Let the free market do it's job.

I do think that they tariffs on Mexico will be short lived. (I hope that they ones on China will be too, because it's causing uncertainty in the markets).

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 00:07:14 )
Avocados are already expensive enough as it is
rip

we live in a beautifully cruel world my dudes
- sad trumpet noise in the background -

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/23 05:23:56 )
I really don't go there but it's kind of neat. They sell books for only $1 so on rare occasions I'll pick up a few. But I really only go there on holidays to look at the decorations and glassware. But I hardly ever buy anything.

Hopefully orangey will be out of office in just a year and a half. If he's not I might need to move to Canada for my sanity.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.