Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk How often do you use your library?

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 06:18:49 )
Staff Memo:
This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

And what does your library offer?

Most offer books, we all know that, but a lot of places have many more services than that. Free classes, resume help, free internet, ebooks, audiobooks, and mine even has video games to borrow!

I love my library. It’s a pretty building with Wi-Fi and A/C. What’s not to love!

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 06:20:26 )

Mine has a lot of online ebooks and audiobooks. I can rent pretty much anything I want from my iPad and then read it on there. There are also a lot of video games and manga to borrow at my library. I use it kinda often. If I lived closer to it I would use it more. I feel like people always forget about what libraries have to offer.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 06:42:11 )

@Totalanimefan: My library is really small, but the online portion is connected with a bunch of other libraries in the city. They can ship books from other locations to mine, but I just stick with ebooks and audiobooks so I don't have to bother with it. They are about to implement a netflix type thing where you can checkout movies online to stream. I'm super excited for that. I still go there a lot to play Pokemon Go. It's a gym and my apartment is almost right next to it so it's easy to watch it for raids and stuff.

I love libraries and I wish more people would support them. Mine does have a few classes that I'm interested in, like knitting. I taught myself how to knit, but I'd like to take an actual class to learn more. I wish mine had video games, that would be really cool.

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 06:49:30 )
I've been meaning to get a library card here but I haven't found a convenient time. I'm pretty sure they offer ebooks as well which would be great because I have a kindle.

[Quests][Store]

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 07:25:35 )

@Kira: Yeah they have Kindle ebooks too. I have a Kindle so I could use it. I read mostly on the iPad though.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 07:27:30 )

@Lufi: My library is like that too. It’s connected to other libraries in the region. I think that’s a great idea and it means that they can offer you more too.
That Netflix thing is really cool. I wonder if mine is doing that soon. Knitting class are also pretty cool. I’m sure that’s a semi-common one for libraries to do.
PoGo at the library is no joke. I’ve gotten lots of good Pokémon there like Bagon, Larvitar, 100% Eggexcute, Beldum etc

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 08:10:19 )

@Totalanimefan: Larvitar love the library for some reason. I just imagine them wearing little glasses and reading books. XD
You should check and see about the netflix thing! They might offer it soon.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 08:14:39 )

@Lufi: Oh my gosh. That would be so cute!
I need to ask next time I’m in.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 09:24:43 )
X X X

My town has this tiny library and it's mostly used by the elementary schools in the area.

It has a ton of children books, small section for the adults, gives help to the elderly with tablet/phone problems, but that's it really.

I never go there.

Voltie — Senpai Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 11:44:57 )
The library in my town is super small and not many people use it but I am in there almost every day. The librarians there are all super nice and sometimes they let me set-up activities to do there in the summer for children.

I love the library in my town even though it's small it has such a calming atmosphere and I love to be surrounded by books while I am reading or doing work for college.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 16:11:33 )
Sadly libraries aren't as common around here anymore. :/ Otherwise I'd be going frequently. I love reading!

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/31 20:33:43 )

@Tuijp: I grew
@JessicaPeach: up in a small town with
A tiny library. There isn’t that much to do there. ^^;

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/31 20:34:01 )

@LordLucre: aw there isn’t one near you? That’s a shame

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/31 21:11:04 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, sadly. We barely have book stores too.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/31 21:34:26 )
When I was younger there was a library in the mall that I loved going to. While I didn't rent many books from it, there were sailor moon VHS tapes that I rented ALL the time. Unfortunately, the mayor at the time made the decision to close it. The other two libraries are inconvenient to drive to, so I don't go to the library anymore. I would do anything to bring back the old library lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/31 21:40:58 )

@LordLucre: do you live in the countryside?

@Grookey: I wish I could have rented sailor moon as a kid. It’s too bad that one closed. A lot of libraries closed during the recession :(

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/31 22:11:30 )
@Totalanimefan: No, they've just been closing down libraries and book stores as of late. :/ Have to get most of my books online.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/31 23:02:26 )

I just found out today that they are shutting down my library and many other of the smaller ones in the city due to funding cuts. I don't think my ebooks will be affected, but I'm very sad about it.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 06:47:09 )

@LordLucre: That's really sad :(

@Lufi: Oh that's horrible :(

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/1 17:43:10 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, it is.
Lucifer's Pet

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.