Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Apple Iphone or Samsung Andriod

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 23:11:20 )
I used to have an iPhone when the 4S was relatively new but I prefer Android so I have one of those now.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/30 06:59:16 )
I have an iPhone 5c (hand-me-down from my dad when I didn't have a proper phone of my own yet) and a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x (which I bought last year), the latter being my main phone. Rather than a Samsung, I'd recommend Xiaomi. Most of their phones have both better build design and high-end specs at a fraction of the cost (heck, I'm saving up around 17k in our currency or $326.68 for the Pocophone F1 and looking up prices, the comparable Samsung S9 is at least double that price)...

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/30 08:44:35 )
@onsenmark: what is this pokemon shuffle? is it any good? and I can understand that, I should look and see if there is a bigger sd card for the type of phone I've had I don't know the size of my sd card now, but I know that I can't have 4 games that take a lot of memory.

@Bioshock: Ooh wow and yeah, I've had problems with chargers, and batteries, batteries are expensive when needing to be replaced for a phone.

@Sigma: Ooh I see.

@KreitzeN: Ooh wow, and thank you. I will be looking up that and a few others.

Sorry for my late replies everyone.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 15:45:22 )
@Unicorn: Glad I could help! Sorry for the late reply as well...sadly I'm rarely online and spend most of my time in the background.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 20:40:53 )
@KreitzeN: I can understand and not to worry I have been watching my little unicorn like an owl for several days. and it has been okay outside but been outside walking

Voltie — they/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 22:07:43 )
I've been sticking with iPhones for a while.
A lot of touch screens (not just phones) don't react to my touch consistently and IDK why (Google says it could be callouses on the fingertips but I don't have any? so idk), but I've never had a problem with iPhones.
Plus the iPhone SE was the only smartphone I could find in-store that wasn't too big that it'd cause hand cramps when I use it.
Before the SE I used a 4S for years before I had to upgrade because they were no longer supporting the OS or apps for it.

please @ me if you want a response
art by blinkini

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 23:23:46 )
Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!

I prefer android, though the brand doesn't really matter. My phones tend to be on the cheaper side, haha.

We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/6 09:05:41 )
@decomposer: Oh wow and thank you for telling me this. it is a bit strange for the finger tips and phones part though.

@Mellonin: I can understand that. hopefully no problems with the cheap phones?

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/8 18:21:18 )

@Unicorn: They don't play play some of the newest games - they just aren't good enough - but otherwise they work great. It's my birthday today, though, so my father got me a brand new Samsung Galaxy S10, and it's AMAZING.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/9 10:13:03 )
@Mellonin: what doesn't play new games? by the the way that is great to hear and Happy belated birthday to you. that was nice of your father.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/9 11:33:30 )
I have samsung and my friend has an iphone, as does my other friend, so like among all friends it's evenly matched. I don't mind apple products but there's things you have to do differently for say the app stores.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 04:18:31 )
@Harker: that is true along with some or all don't have a back button.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 13:17:14 )
@Unicorn: Yep, that goes for both I think. Or a home button anyway

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 21:41:31 )

@Unicorn: I use Android - more affordable and just better imo.
Also, stay away from the new iPhone's. From what I've heard and seen online, they have REALLY shitty durability. By that, I mean you sit on it, it bends like bad.
So avoid that.

Although, to be fair, the newest Samsung isn't the best either, lol.

But if you've been using one, stay with it. If you're an android person, don't jump to apple, strictly because of the fact that as was said, the app options are different, and beyond that, if you bought X app in Y store, it may nto be available in the other.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/12 08:32:21 )
@Harker: Ah I see, I have tried the big round closeout button on my other half's Iphone and it don't go back it exits. which is strange.

@Amber Lynne: Ooh I already know that the newest samsung phone is crap. I read a lot about it and it isn't great things. so I don't know what will happen phone wise in a couple of months. it is a waiting game for now.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/12 09:43:06 )
I've been iPhone since the first iPhone came out and I have used the older androids and have tried the newer ones, my cousin and friends are in the android samsung camp and I find them harder to navigate through. I find iPhone easier to navigate around or shop the app store.
Just one click and put in the pw and thats it; your ready to use the app.

I know the android can be customized and hook up it to your computer like a hard drive but I find downloading the photos from my iPhone pretty easy. However I think either one has its own quirks and things wrong with them but i think if you dont mind those i think it is up to you what you want from your phone.

Iphone for app games, quick phone and text. pretty good camera i think so far?

android has a darker layout and seems to click on more to get somewhere; but you can hack it and mod it a bit more.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/12 13:44:11 )
@Unicorn: Interesting lol. Yeah my friend splurged for no reason and got the X haha so it's like if you drop it it's game over cause of the glass backing. She has a case on it but it's no otterbox haha

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/15 20:06:14 )

@Unicorn: The dollar store smart phones you can get for pretty cheap. That last one I had couldn't play Skyrim: Blades, or Another Eden, which I really enjoy, but my new Samsung Galaxy S10 can :)

Mellonin's Ramblings

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/16 07:47:51 )
@Shampoo: you would think with the apple iphone you'd be able to hook it up to a computer to the apple site if you have music on your computer or other stuff, like you can with the android phones. but I do get what you mean.

@Harker: Yeah, I hear it is expensive to get screen glasses fixed on certain phones and I see.

@Mellonin: the dollar store in my town don't have smartphones for sale, but it is neat to hear that yours does.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/16 11:38:22 )
@Unicorn: She's bad at dropping her electronics...so hopefully it survives

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.