Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat What's Your Guilty Pleasure?

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/29 23:13:54 )
╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍
We all have one. A movie that everyone else hates, or a song that's a million years old.
Or maybe we dress a certain way that other people don't really like.
So I just gotta ask, what's your guilty pleasure? I'll tell you one of mine.
I really used to hate pop music in the 00's but with Spotify I keep getting suckered into listening to it.
It's so bad and lame and cheesy but it's so much fun to just lose yourself in it.
Found myself jamming to Poker Face the other day. No regrets.

╍╍Gʀᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢꜱ Fʀᴏᴍ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍Tʜᴇ Lᴏɴᴇʟʏ Cɪᴛʏ╍╍

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/29 23:16:24 )

The latest song of Panic At The Disco. Besides that I hate that band. O and Bad Liar from Imagine Dragons.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/30 00:13:42 )
@vengeance: I feel that, sometimes you just really like a particular song.
For some reason it's usually the one sound that sounds different from all the rest the band makes, too.
I haven't been able to get into Imagine Dragons for a long time.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/30 03:40:37 )
Every single one of my son’s shows. I love them all.

Bubble guppies? You bet!
Paw Patrol? Heck yes!
Butterbeans cafe? Every day please!
The list goes on. I love them all!

except peppa pig and caillou. Hate those guys.

I’ll watch even if he’s not in the room.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/30 04:28:25 )
Thank God I'm not the only one who hates Peppa and Caillou.
They are so lazily made and ugly and teach kids ZERO life lessons.
When I'm a parent I want my kids to watch fun stuff not that crap.
I will say Paw Patrol looks cute. Can't go wrong with adorable dogs.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/30 05:02:11 )
My son started in on this terrible whining that he learned straight from Caillou. BANNED. Haha
No more Caillou ever!

They have a bunch of animated books on amazon and netflix that we really love too.

But Paw Patrol and Bubble Guppies have awesome songs.
Octonauts is great too.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/30 05:13:26 )
Suppose mine would be like I really enjoy sad or like angry music which i suppose alot don't really care for but not in a depressing kind of way just I kinda think it is amazing someone can just poor all there feelings and emotions into their art and love for music. I look at it kinda like taking something considered sad or angry or to emotional and turning it into something beautiful putting it out into the world for people to connect to. An i'd say that's pretty great. c: Also either if music is popular or poppy no shame in liking something an artist has made even if it maybe lame to some just kind someone made it and made it proudly for someone to connect and enjoy it. An whatever emotion it gives you is nothing to be ashamed of no matter who it is by or what others think only thing that matters is that you enjoy it. c:

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/31 00:18:19 )
@Mousy: Yes!! Caillou is loud and bratty and is never punished. I HATE that show.
Oh, is Paw Patrol like a musical show then? That's neat. I think a catchy tune helps kids learn a lot.
I remember when I was in school some of the most important things I learned-- The states, the months, etc-- were through songs.
@Eask: Oh for sure! Sadness is one of the most beautiful human emotions to me.
I love music that is raw and full of passion even if it's about something depressing or painful.
I think it is way easier to connect to a song like that, rather than "Ey yo shawty gimme yo number."

Pʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ @ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴀ ʀᴇꜱᴘᴏɴꜱᴇ.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/31 02:24:28 )
Haha I can agree c:

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/31 02:32:32 )
I am thankful to have never watched or known about Calliou or Peppa pig in any great detail, though John Oliver did tell me he's a fucking monster.

I actually can't think of any pleasure I feel guilty about. My music tastes are trash, but I still sing loudly to them in the car. I love a lot of kids' shows despite the shitty fandoms (MLP, Steven Universe, etc). I love gay romances even though I'm not a man and I'm not gay. I fucking love iced oatmeal cookies.

I don't actually feel guilty for any of these, but I guess they're cringy to people sticking their noses into my business.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.