Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts The Pokemon Center

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/20 08:13:55 )
@Yuracye: I'm pretty sure Ho-Oh cameoed in the first episode of the anime (or early on, at least). Not 100% certain, though.

@Slytherclaw:
@concentricity:

It's Phione that's the Sea Guardian (well, Manaphy is, who knows exactly where Phione falls). Phanpy has nothing to do with the sea. XD

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/20 20:08:40 )
phanpy is a cute little elephant <3
Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 04:30:38 )
@dataninja: Yeah, I know it aired in something... but I couldn't remember what. q vq

TH | dA

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 04:44:06 )
Evening, trainers! :)
I need to log onto my Sun file to get the Ash Pikachu this week. Original hat is my favorite.

@DataNinja:
You're right about Phione ... I completely forgot about Phione and Manaphy. XD

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 05:42:52 )
@concentricity: I'll never forget Manaphy. Pokémon Ranger (the original) was my very second video game (after Emerald), and I remember playing through all the bonus missions to get that Manaphy egg. Alas, it was lost in the great White crash, wherein my file got corrupted, and I lost everything from the past 3 generations. Thankfully, I'd beaten it already, but... still. That kinda caused me to ragequit Pokémon until getting X several years later... >.>;

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 05:54:07 )
@DataNinja: Oh no!! See, I wasn't playing PKMN back then ... went from RSE days and then got back into it with XY. That sounds awful! Though my original X cart did get corrupted and I had to get a new one and restart. :( Luckily I had moved my crew from the original game into the Bank before it died on me.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 06:08:40 )
@Concentricity: Yeeeeeah, it kinda sucked. Had a bunch of event stuff, plus Pokémon that had been with me from my first ever file... It's probably why Unova is the region that I remember least. Repressed the memories. :P
(Well, besides Johto. I have never actually played a Gen II game or one of their remakes.) :vanora_sweat:

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 06:12:32 )
@DataNinja: That's awful. :( Johto wasn't that bad ... I just really remember replaying through Kanto in color afterward. XD I did recently acquire the original Gold, Silver, and Crystal carts from a friend who found them at a yard sale. Bulking up my video game collection. :)

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 06:37:13 )
@Concentricity: Oh, I'm sure it's not bad, I'm just... I dunno, not that interested in Johto. XD
Ooh, nice. Although, expanding your collection is only good if you can play them. :P

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 06:42:04 )
@DataNinja: I understand. There are some regions I'm not a fan of either. Johto wasn't so memorable for me, but I wasn't a big fan of Hoenn actually. :/

And I can play them. I've got all Nintendo consoles and handhelds except the not-so-popular Virtual Boy. XD

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 06:52:11 )
@concentricity: How dare you say that about Hoenn? :P
Don't worry, to each their own. I probably have some measure of nostalgia, but Hoenn always seemed so diverse and cool to me (especially Fortree). With all the bike stuff, and extra surf spots, and stuff like that, it let me feel like I was exploring. Probably helped that I made judicious use of Repels.
(Probably non-coincidentally, a lot of my favorite Pokémon come from Hoenn.)

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 07:03:59 )
@DataNinja: I DO love Fortree, but that's the only place I think I liked in there. I like what Omega and Alpha did with it ... they made it a lot more interesting.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 07:19:18 )
@Concentricity: Fortree was always my favorite spot in Hoenn. Just the aesthetics of the treehouses, bridges, Gym Leader... :P

I... wasn't exactly a fan of Alpha and Omega. But that was mostly because they made everything easier. Most ordinary trainers had fewer Pokémon, there was the free Lati, offers of fast travel, less Trick House stuff...
And then the slaps in the face of the closed Game Corner (I wasn't really a fan of the redesigned Mauville in general) and tease of the Battle Frontier. :P
They did do a couple pretty cool things, though. The Eon Flute was neat, and I really liked what they did with Wally, for instance. But, in general... I dunno, the Hoenn remakes were mostly a disappointment to me. XD
(I'd prefer to replay Emerald, but the lack of Physical/Special split trips me up every time now. XD)

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 07:24:35 )
@DataNinja: I had my hideaway just outside of Fortree in ORAS. :3 I loved being able to crawl out of the tree and go straight into the best village in the game.

I wasn't a fan of the free Lati either. Seemed so out of place. Random guy shows up, gives you Eon Flute, boom, instant flying everywhere. :/

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 07:37:45 )
@concentricity: Mine was outside the city, down the river on the right of the screen. It was easy enough to get to that it wasn't a hassle, but it still felt like a Secret Base. XD

I mean, to be fair, Steven is pretty much the least random person possible (and, incidentally, the single battle in the game that I almost lost), but it was still out of place.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 07:43:43 )
@Dataninja: I know, that's why I looooved hiding in the trees. There was one I really wanted too, which was past a lot of tall grass on the route below Fortree near the river in a bush. I almost got lost trying to find it a second time.

But I agree about Steven being not random, but it was just "hey I have this flute and look, it calls a freakin' legendary, it's yours."

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 07:52:19 )
I'm actually waiting for the Sinnoh hat, but I do love the original and Hoenn one :0

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 07:53:20 )
Hey there, Peony. :)
I'm hoping to use my Powersaves for the other five. >_>
I think it's crap they're only allowing us one out of six. D:

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 08:00:46 )
@Concentricity: I always preferred the tree bases to any others. The bushes were okay, too, but there was just something about vine climbing. The cave ones had some pretty neat layouts, but they were just so... drab. I got my fill of cave bases in the (admittedly really cool) Underground back in gen IV. :P

Yeah. There was no foreshadowing, no real explanation, nothing. Just "hey, player, we have this cool idea, and can't think of how to smoothly integrate it!" As someone who studies game design (amongst other things) that bugs me. XD

Please ping when responding to me, to make sure I see your reply!

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 08:09:01 )
@dataninja: Yep, an unassuming vine ... no one would think to climb up in it. My perma one was a tree base. Mine was just filled with Poke Dolls. o_o

What do you study game design for? :o School?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.