Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Marie Kondo is ruining my life.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/4 06:30:18 )
Has anyone started watching Tidying Up with Marie Kondo on Netflix?

I love watching it.
I'm enjoying watching other people get their lives together while chaos reigns all around me.

I've seen the "KonMari Method" all over pinterest and thought it looked pretty and all, but gosh. Watching it all is another story altogether.

Also, I started trying to declutter my life and clothes were pretty easy, but when I got to books? ouch.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/4 07:37:28 )

I’ve used her method before I think it works really well and wasn’t too mentally tiring.

Donator — they / he Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/4 10:17:36 )

I have the book, didn't even know there was a Netflix series o.o Maybe I'll need to check it out to see how other people handle the process XD

I have almost the same issue as you, doing the clothes was easy, but for me once I hit my art supplies... It's so hard for me to get rid of anything ;u; I don't even do art for a job, it's just a hobby, but I can't get rid of any of it...

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/4 11:16:08 )
We’ll carry on

Send me the books. I’ll adopt them and give them a good home.

Donator — Minya Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/4 23:30:13 )

Yeah..I have a hard time decluttering. Maybe I should watch that show..get some ideas.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 00:43:17 )
@totalanimefan: What was the hardest for you to declutter?

@koneko: yeahhhhh, I didn't wanna read the book either. XD I thought it was a little weird when people got emotional when they were thanking their house, but it's a nice idea.

@samspyroxis: Yes! Watching it in action helped a lot. I've read blog posts and looked at pictures, but watching it was a different thing entirely. It looked way more manageable while I was watching vs. while I was reading other people's experiences. I was shocked at the amount of socks I had. Why do I have so many socks? and why do none of them have matches??
Just hug your art supplies close. T_T Put them all in pretty containers and then you're done. XD

@tuijp: uhhhhhhhh... You're paying shipping right? One thing that helped me with the books I enjoyed when I was younger, was donating them to my own classroom. I can let my students enjoy the books too and I'm not technically getting rid of them. It also helped knowing that I wasn't using the other books anymore and I'm keeping someone else from enjoying them. I should just donate them and let the books have another life. I read my books digitally now because I have a 2 year old that loves destruction and I lug his stuff around with me and don't have room for physical books. :/

@the youngest granny: I started watching it 2 days ago? and I've been cleaning ever since. As soon as my son goes to bed, I tackle another project. I was up until 6am last night.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 01:00:59 )

❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️

Hmm, yes....when I saw this was on Netflix I added it to my ever growing watch list. I haven't taken the dive with the show yet tho. I figured I would try and clean along as I watched in the morning so wish me luck with that~

Did you all know that there is also a manga, in case you can't stomach the book. I haven't gotten it just yet tho, but Here

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 01:34:42 )

@Mousy: it was probably papers and komono. 151

Donator — they / he Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 03:07:56 )

@Mousy: In that case I know what I'll be watching after work tonight XD Personally, I just... have a lot of socks o .o They have matches for the most part, but a lot of them are various pokemon and supernatural socks XD
Yeah, that's probably what I'm gonna end up doing ; u ; I can't bring myself to get rid of any of them, plus they all make me happy so... XD
Always @ me
DATHIGTwitter

Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 03:44:29 )
huh... I've heard KonMari before but I cannot remember where...

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 08:00:43 )
We’ll carry on

@Mousy: around here, people put bookshelves up near the road and add books. You can then come take one out, to read and later bring back, or exchange and put another book in.
Also a woman nearby sells old books and I donated a bunch of my mother’s old books to her. Okay, did bring more books back, but we’ll just ignore that.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 13:19:21 )
I have not heard of it. Nor do we pay for a stream service.
Item QuestHangoutSales

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/2 05:04:12 )
I've completely decluttered my clothes and books. I'm starting on the kitchen and my son's closet tomorrow!
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 22:33:16 )

@Mousy: you’re doing a great job!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.