Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Anyone from gaia?

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 19:35:38 )
I love gaia but everyone here seems so much nicer, it's refreshing

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 19:51:11 )

@pinkslurpie: that's the site I started on, but I think I was only there for a couple of years?
Then I moved to Ernya, left after a couple of years, went back to check on it but found out that it got shut down, so now I'm here :)

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 19:55:10 )

(looking back at my post, I'm sensing a pattern... <_<;;;)

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 19:58:17 )

tic toc

(jk I'll try to stick around, lol)

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 20:01:41 )
@8f55e803b8992e5820f7: Yesss. I went on this site called recolor.me and whenever gaian's join they get mad and call them gaia trash I don't understand oof.

@Apollo Im Burning: Yeah but looks like Gaia isn't going to last much longer either, They're asking them to buy "halos" for 2.50 and I think they need a certain amount every month to keep it running.

@kiwi: It's a shame!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 20:06:04 )

@pinkslurpie: honestly, that just comes as such a shock to me
I always thought they were doing well
but then again, I really didn't keep up with them at all after I left

also, recolor.me sounds like a butt >:C

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 20:10:33 )
@Apollo Im Burning: Yeah I really hope they can pull through, I just don't understand why they need so much money it makes me wonder what they spend it all on. :(

And yeahh I didn't feel welcome on recoler.me so I left I got scurdddd. I like it here way better

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 20:12:03 )
@8f55e803b8992e5820f7: I've never understood that trend, like what's the purpose for being rude for no reason? It's not funny at all unless you know the person's joking

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 20:13:29 )

@pinkslurpie: same
not even going to try to understand business, lol
Anyway, I'm glad you're liking it here!
Also, your avatar is cute! Looks super cozy! ღゝ◡╹)ノ♡

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 20:24:56 )
@Apollo Im Burning: Yepp I bought gaia cash so I think i did my part on helping.

And I really am enjoying it :D Thank you I'm currently curled up in a blanket so my avi is my mood. Your avi is really pretty!

@8f55e803b8992e5820f7: I sadly agree with that as long as I'm not a part of it haha, I'll watch from the sidelines

@kiwi: Yeah I love how small this community is, its so easy to make friends the same people are on every day. Towns was always my hangout place I would love if they added that to this site one dayyy

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 20:29:53 )

@pinkslurpie: well, I'm glad you're trying to help save something that you enjoy. :)
and np! I personally couldn't roll myself up in a blanket 'cause I get hot easily xD
and probably would get a bit scared worrying I wouldn't be able to get out of it, lol
Thanks, btw! It's probably gonna stay this way for a long time x)

pls don't

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 20:38:43 )
I used to live on gaia... it's actually like, the only other avatar site I used before this. like I checked out others but never really used them and that was just like uh... Syn... I would only go back to gaia every now and then to like, play LK honestly (which I got addicted to because of the RIGs...)

I'm glad that you're finding the community here welcoming though! we're glad to have you with us c:

@kiwi: we gotta make like... any kinda game at all first... ;'3c I keep saying I will but then I get myself distracted

SEWERS SOME DAY BABY...

Donator — Artist Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 21:17:56 )

@pinkslurpie: I am a veteran of Gaia ! ^v ^ How long have you been there?

kiwi:
@pinkslurpie: Gaia will always be my home, but smaller sites like this definitely are easy to maintain friendships on haha

If voltra makes their own version of towns/rally though 👀. I’d be ecstatic

Same kiwi. It is the site I started on. It looks like it's going downhill but I really hope they can pull through. It's because of Gaia that I met my husband. ; n ; I will literally cry if they shut down. As for me I'm really hoping that voltra makes a game similar to zomg with the whole inanimate objects become alive and having to power up different rings and having ringsets give you bonuses. I really love zomg.

Hazer:

Gaia is what founded my love for web design and development.
Also my love for avatar sites.
Though over the years it's decline has been apparent and that made it harder and harder to stay.
Lanzer's return brought me hope but it wasn't enough.
It wasn't soon enough.

The moment Lanzer gave the rights to a foreign company Gaia was doomed. I agree Gaia could have been saved had he returned much sooner. as it stands Omnidrink is the one that shooed all the regulars away since they began to milk gaians with the spaming new items every. single. day. more than once I believe.
Ping me if needed

I do pixels. check my shop

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 21:37:33 )
when people play it, you get banned in real time every time they whack you... the perfect game

young dumb and full of crumbs

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 22:31:06 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

I joined Gaia in late 2005.
Took a hiatus from late 2011 to 2014.
Popped back in 2014 and was overwhelmed and basically quit.
Popped up here in Voltra late Summer and am happy to apart of a new
and developing project.

I still log on and chat for curiosity but none of my good Gaian friends are there.
The guilds I loved have died.
My account drastically lost value when Gold converted to Platinum and re-releases happened.
I had spent a lot of years and honestly quite a few bucks on Gaia.

I want them to fix themselves but I honestly feel like it's too much to fix.
The damage seems irreversible and a bit of a pipe dream. I'll be happy if
they prove me wrong.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 22:37:36 )
Yep!! still love gaia, but i can see myself becoming just at home here

Voltie — UrHighness Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 23:12:29 )
too nice here
I keep having to refrain from speakin in my usual cb mannerism lol
voltra is like the friend u get along with but don't know well enough to joke around with them

Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 23:30:13 )
i've been around there since 2007

used to have a lot of friends, but they all disappeared

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie — UrHighness Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/31 00:04:31 )
@8f55e803b8992e5820f7: I REA D MINDSS
I run on milk tea

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/31 00:34:49 )
@pinkslurpie: I have a 14 year old Gaia account. I still visit it from time to time though to check some things up. How I missed the good old Gaia when everything was still balanced. The hyper inflation sucks big time!
There is something haunting in the light of the moon;
It has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.