Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2018 Not accepting new ones

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 11:13:30 )

@vintage: some proper lights would be good to. My current is a battery hog. DX

And lol. Yeahhh that probably would have been good to do. But! No point regretting it. Take what you did do, or didn't do enough In your opinion, and work from there. If you want to try A more than you had a chance to, then do so.
I'm sure you can find used equipment for it. maybe not cheap programs though. Rip

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 11:16:36 )

Amber Lynne:

@star2000shadow: oh, I know. But I was making sure.
For all I knew you had changed your mind. XD

oh nope i was doing the 'ghosts of the past' contest in the sticky thread, and this was my avi i get to change it to something else now haha.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 11:18:18 )

@star2000shadow: Ohhhh. Fair enough!
Good luck in the contest =3

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 11:20:29 )

Amber Lynne:

@star2000shadow: Ohhhh. Fair enough!
Good luck in the contest =3

thanks I'll need it as i haven't won one yet 'shakes head' ah well at least i has fun.

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 11:20:42 )
yeah good call, you can get some pretty decent lights for not too bad from what I've seen!

I took film for a while before I changed my mind and yeeted into multimedia, and having to set up lights for shoots was such a painful process

and yeah that's pretty much how I'm handling things now. ya live ya learn, ya carry it onto the next experience c;

I've been keeping an eye out for anyone selling actually! and yikes yeah programs are so expensive. listen I pay half for an adobe account that I share with my friend, that's on a student plan, and it's still busting my bank thenagainI'mbroke

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 11:24:30 )

'yawns' five trwnty two AM and im up.. but at least my knees stopped acheing soe ther its snowed finally, 'makes face at thought of more snow' or the cold systems finally moved past our town. 'looks out window' nope.. it snowed.

and drat, i have two type sof pants i want to go with the next outfit and im trying to figure which to earn the volts for..'yawn' ugg sleepy butnot.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 11:26:00 )

@vintage: Adobe is ridiculously expensive.
And then there's me who wants my own copy of Sony Vegas. Lol.
Talk about pricey. //dies
(I've used Camtasia and Vegas. Vegas is so much better. Omg)

Lights aren't horrible for pricing, not from what I've seen. I think a good led lamp for my desk would be a good start. So there's a cheap option for the moment. then again. Broke artist. Aren't we all? XDD

If I could help you out with any equipment or whatever I totally would. Pretty sure we're in diff countries though, nevermind cities.

And while film seems like it'd be an awesome course to take... I totally understand the pin of set up and take down. //lazy

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 11:27:54 )

might go put my leg up after i earn the volts for the pants..at least now my wii is workign agian, the roommat ehad me remove the batteries from the remote and he unplugged the wii and w elet it sit for a day. now i can watch netflix, for the remaining month its accessable to wii anyways, in my room again.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 11:30:35 )

@star2000shadow: yay that you got it working again!
I wonder what bored Jit in the first place though. > <

And they're taking Netflix off the Wii?

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 11:33:05 )

Amber Lynne:

@star2000shadow: yay that you got it working again!
I wonder what bored Jit in the first place though. &gt; &lt;

And they're taking Netflix off the Wii?

yep their taking netflix off the wi, it will not work past next month which stinks. and josh thinks it might of needed a reset. and when you unplug and remove the batteries it does reset the machine 'shrugs' whatever did it it works so i can sleep in my room again. 'yawn'

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 11:34:15 )

@star2000shadow: damn. That really sucks. DX
Hope they don't strip it from the Wii h before I can get a roku stick. > <

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 11:36:28 )
@amber lynne: YEAH it's a bank buster, like it's nice being able to access the cloud and all but most months I don't even end up using anything outside of photoshop or illustrator so it feels like a total waste ahhh...

I've actually never used either of them, they run well? o: I've used like, Premiere and AfterEffects obvs, and when I was in taking film I had to learn FinalCut Pro since that's the industry standard. (and I've used iMovie but...... like. not that impressive in comparison HAHA)

yeah that'd be pretty decent for what you need and that's the life huh?

You're a Canadian too right? c; we're in the same country, I think the same province even (I'm just on the completely other end of it)

oof yeah I love film but it was such a demanding course, I was only able to last one semester. every single day it was being on set and my entire weekends were booked up with going to shoots and helping people with their films, let alone my own. too much physical activity, I'm too weak for that life...

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 11:39:12 )
@Amber lynne: ahh idk what im in the mood for haha
Maybe something colorful since I've been drawing all dark colors lately

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 11:39:25 )

Amber Lynne:

@star2000shadow: damn. That really sucks. DX
Hope they don't strip it from the Wii h before I can get a roku stick. &gt; &lt;

'shrugs' we're gonna try and get me an upto date thingie with wii on possibilities so i can keep watching it in my room..toherwise roommates gonna get tired of listening to anastasia night after night haha.

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 11:44:50 )

@vintage: sadly, didn't they just nix the whole buying a lifetime serial for their things?
DX
I mean on one hand I can understand a decision like that. Probably nets them more money in the end, but damn if it doesn't suck as a consumer.

Camtasia isn't horrible. It's what I used for a lot of the earlier vids I have on my channel you know. My shit digital things
I just honestly prefer Vegas. Cleaner ui for a start. Lol.

I haven't used anything other than this two and windows movie maker at one point myself though.
(I have hear iMovie is..... Shall we say underwhelming though)

If I ever have my face on cam... More lights might be needed. But as it stands? Yep. I'm good with just a lamp I think. //nod the 50 for it might break my bank though. Lol.

Wait.what?youre Canadian?
Damn.
More Canadians here than I've ever found on a site. XD
and we all seem to be in Ontario. Which I find comical.
(I'm in London - AKA the forest city)

Awwww. Fair enough on the course though.i don't doubt it was a lot of work. But if you can actually push through it (and honestly have a passion for it because that would totally help) then I've heard it's pretty rewarding in the end.
But I'm on the sidelines. Lol.

@hachi: colourful? How about someone too innocent for their own good with bubblegum pink hair? XD

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 11:45:44 )

@star2000shadow: Lol. Fair enough.
And dats a good movie. I hadn't seen it til like what... A year ago? I think

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 11:58:37 )
@amber lynne: YEP I absolutely miss the suite... like yeah it has its pros and cons. it's more affordable in the short term instead of slamming down hundreds of dollars for a program that'll be obsolete in a few years, but it adds up to a lot more in the long run, especially if you're not using most the programs (although they do offer different packages I think?) ... another pro is the updates though I guess, since they can happen in real time.

HM sucks when you don't have internet access and want to open a program up though

yeah I'm looking it up, Vegas looks like it wouldn't be too bad to use! and yeah iMovie's very just bare bones, good for people who want something simple I guess. (and oh god Movie Maker... I made so many crappy videos on it back in the day...)

yeah you wouldn't need anything too demanding to light up your set up. if you're able to get some natural lighting it'd help even more but... well, that's a whole other challenge in of itself

YEAH I NOTICED THAT. everyone seems to be from Southern Ontario. I'm alll the way in Northwestern Ontario, aka the patch of nothing until you hit Manitoba.

yeah definitely! I met a lot of cool people in that program that went forward with it and they loved it. I think I'm more of a behind the screen kind of worker though, so that's why I'm eyeing up editing

young dumb and full of crumbs

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 12:08:30 )

@vintage: the issue with the suite though, and all of adobe's programs as far as I'm aware, is that they aren't really priced or anything with broke artiwts/creators in mind. They've more the pros in mind, the people making the money.

At least that's my take on it.

As for Vegas I do actually really like it. Shit seems easier and neater t in do than it was In Camtasia. Lol. maybe that's just cause I didn't really take the time to learn what I wanted to do in that one though... I'm using a friend's copy while they aren't using it themselves. Wanna get a copy for myself in the future. If I ever make it big with my art in one way or another. Lol

I..... CN kinda get natural light. I'm near a window but.... It faces neither east nor west. So I don't really have a 'good' light time with it. DX
SO led lights is the way I gotta go.
(not... That that's a horrible option mind. Just no incandescent. That yellow glow suuuuuucks)

lol!
Still. Pretty cool that you're in Ontario. I tend to assume peeps are American online because 99% of the people I encounter are. XD (well, USA or Europe.)
I was actually born in the dead end town known as Brantford. XD
meanwhile Colin (yeah the mod here) is literally from a cabin in the middle of the woods in Nova Scotia. (like seriously. The house is in the middle of a forest kinda deal. Gorgeous place though)

Hah. Fair enough! As long as you find what it is you like to do. Some people are better in front of the camera, on the set, or behind the scenes in the editing room.
Afaik people in all places can be used. some positions might be harder to find openings for, admittedly

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 13:01:35 )
Amber Lynne:

@Kent: I got a sketch for ya!
Lemme know if there is anything to change before moving on.
(Yes, I know the mug is tiny compared to the actual item.
I might play with the hands for that.)

Ooh~ Looks cute! Could you add the curl in his hair like right below his hat? It’s fine if it’s behind the rest of his hair too. And maybe lower his hand/arms? X3 If possible. Everything else looks great! Thank you! > w<
Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 13:07:17 )

@Kent: sure on the hair. Not sure on the arms. I'll try though
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.