Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games I'm playing Harvest Moon BTN right now

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 05:03:37 )
@Ixora: I think I'm about to give in. I'm just looking at the description of the game and it looks promising.
There's Stardew Valley too. It's on sale in Steam and I just want to buy it. I'm a sucker for these types of games. D:

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 05:05:21 )
@Kurohon: buuuuuuuuy iiiiit let's faaaaaarm togeeeetheeeer on stardew valley loljk XD
Stardew Valley is one of the few games I didn't buy on sale XD

Also, I'm playing Tale of Two Towns right now >u<

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 05:24:41 )

I'm charging up my 3DS right now to hop back on Trio of Towns lol

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 07:02:22 )
@Priestess of Pie: I'll definitely play Trio of Towns if I ever get a 3DS! Looks so pretty ; v ;

@Ixora: I gave in. I'll probably be buying Stardew Valley once I get my account set up, which is later. In the meanwhile, I've downloaded Tale of Two Towns. Can't decide which town to stay in. x.x

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 07:07:02 )

@Kurohon: Bluebell = bigger barn and more animals, less farm land
Konohana = bigger fields for more crops, smaller barn

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 07:22:09 )
@Kurohon: LMAO
I usually go for Konohana. Crops have faster money return imo XD
Later on, you can live in Bluebell but still use the Konohana fields. But you can't live in Konohana and use the Bluebell barns and coops.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 07:30:06 )

Raising animals is always my favorite thing in HM so I go for Bluebell. (◕ᴥ◕)

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/27 15:47:20 )
Back to Nature is great! I have to say I like Bakery Elli from HM64 more but I think my first file in BTN I ended up marrying Popurri cuz I like chickens and she was easy to woo with flowers. Ann is also pretty cute in this one though she always looked 12 to me. T_T; I think Mary / Maria in the library is always a fav from BTN. SHES CUTE. Harvest Moon games are wonderful. <3 <3
[97/150]

Graphic Artist // I love to draw avatars! // Cats are pretty great.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 06:16:42 )

Marry. All. The. Girls.(。♥‿♥。)

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 06:20:08 )
Ah, Harvest Moon. I should find my DS and play some More Friends of Mineral Town. Twas my introduction to the game series.
I may instead keep playing Stardew Valley on my Switch, however, as I am currently playing it.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 06:20:57 )

I really need to just bite the bullet and pick up Stardew Valley. >.<

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 08:16:19 )
It is well worth it. The graphics remind me of older two dimensional Harvest Moon games, and there are genuine dark undercurrents instead of pure fluff that Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons is known to do instead.
Item QuestHangoutSales

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 08:31:08 )
Honestly, I'm a bit scared of touching Stardew Valley. I've heard from some that the game raised the bar too high and they can't enjoy the recent HM games anymore.

@Ixora: I ended up in Konohana because I liked planting crops. totally not because Reina is there The irrigation system has really made planting easy. o.o
I also bought myself a chick and a calf to fill in the hours where I'm not watering plants or taking stuff in the mountains.

@Selaphi: I'm just throwing flowers at everyone except Karen. She's hard to give gifts to. She likes the good ol' wine and truffles, which is pretty hard to get. x.x
I'm mainly focusing on Mary and Ann, but I feel like giving up on Ann. I feel too bad for Cliff.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 10:07:48 )
@Kurohon: I get that but I think Stardew Valley is all-in-all a better game compared to HM titles. It's not an expensive game anyway and you can still try it out when you're ready XD

Yeah. I always go for Konohana at first. I haven't made much progress on my save cause I've been distracted by other games
Glad you're having fun tho :D

As for other farming games, I have my eyes set on buying Gardenpaws as well. Also, you might also like My Time at Portia I know you're not asking for recommendations but I love MTAP so much. It just has to be shared to everyone >.<

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 13:29:43 )
@Ixora: Thanks for the recommending Tale of Two Towns to me. I'm getting addicted all over again;;
Yeah, a lot say that Stardew Valley is really good. That multiplayer mode makes it all the more tempting to buy. I just feel a little antsy letting go of HM, I guess. xD

I've seen trailers of MTAP and it looks AMAZING. I'm actually contemplating which game to buy first: Stardew or MTAP. I can buy both, but my wallet will cry bloody tears. I haven't heard of Gardenpaws, but it looks cute! Have you heard of Ooblets, though? It's an upcoming game that looks gorgeous. :'D
Ping me if you want a reply! I like getting pings

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 15:06:15 )
@Kurohon: You're welcome >u< I mean, you might not like Stardew Valley but I think it's more like Friends of Mineral Town or the older Harvest Moon games but improved. There's just more stuff to do.

I LOVE farming games. MTAP is really fun but it's less farming and more adventure and crafting! The storyline isn't finished yet afaik but once it gets updated, I'll be playing it again XD
LMAO I know what you mean with wallets. You could always wait for sales tho :D There's still a lot of farming games on my WL just waiting on a good time to buy them DX need some money and a good discount lol

And yes! I have Ooblets wishlisted so I can know when it gets released on steam ; ___ ;

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 16:20:17 )

I actually like that HM titles are so simple and nice. Plenty of games have a dark undertone and sometimes I just want to have a nice break from all the bad stuff in the world. Just go to a place where everyone is earnest and good and we all work together. It's very relaxing. (✿´‿`)

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.