Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk What would you do if you won the lottery?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/11 21:46:28 )
Realistically, I mean. Or gained an inheritance or something?

I ask because I'm expecting to come into some money within the next year or so...and I'm torn about what to do with it all. I really want to put the majority into savings, but there are other things I could use it for, rather than saving up my own paychecks to take care of it.

I am definitely considering buying a new car. Mine's getting a bit old and every time I get an oil change I find out about some other problem.

Other than that...what should I do? Take a dream vacation? Remodel the master bathroom like I've been wanting to do? Those things sound wonderful but would be expensive and once that money's gone, it's gone. (I'm not talking millions, but at least $15 grand.) What would you do?

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/11 22:14:47 )
Hire a financial advisor. lol
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/11 22:35:02 )

I'd get a car, help my family get the things they need and i'd treat myself to some bathbombs and stuff. I'd put the rest on a savings account :3

In your case i'd def get the car, go on a nice vacay and totally remodel the bedroom! You can save the rest^^

Questing: click here!

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/12 00:50:31 )
I'd buy stuff that you'd really need, then pay bills if there are any. Help out family if they have helped you, and put the rest away to save for a rainy day.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/12 01:48:44 )
I would make sure myself and my immediate family were set up for a comfortable life, if not a few years. I would invest it as wisely as possible. The rest I would give away. Money can't fix my problems - so as long as I'm secure with a roof over my head I have no more use for it.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/12 05:54:26 )
Pay off my overwhelming debt from medical bills, student loans and mortgage.

Donator — They/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/12 07:13:26 )

If I won or came into a bunch of money, first things first I'd help pay off my families debt.
Then spend money on health stuff like fixing my teeth.
After that, take my mom on a vacation to like Paris cause she deserves it.

I'd also probably buy a bunch of ball jointed dolls, they're expensive and I'd love to have more of them,
but some of the more expensive ones are like a faraway dream.
(Avatar Closet)

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/12 07:14:25 )
I'd establish communism.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/12 08:39:02 )
We\'ll carry on

With 15k, I’d so remodel the bathroom.

If I won the lottery and became Richy McRich, I’d buy my house and my brother’s house, remodel my bathroom and let him remodel his house and probably buy a few more pets

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/12 09:23:57 )

I would buy in your case a new car and you should go an take a vacation. If your house need's some dire fixing get that done as well. Put the rest in your savings.

In my case I would so go to Japan. It is a long life dream for me. I would also buy a house.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/13 04:27:47 )
Rallaa:
Hire a financial advisor. lol
this.
But for real get yourself one nice thing that you want and save the rest away.
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.