Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/13 04:10:33 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

Incase you didn't know, I love tea.
But I'm also a tea snob. So I don't just love any tea, I snobbishly drink the high quality stuff
that I struggle to justify why I can afford.

Tell me your ideal cup of tea! Which flavor/company/with sugar/cream/something else/etc.
I'ma plug in my fav's. (I do not own nor do I sponsor any of these. Genuinely just my fav's I have found.)

Favorite Green Tea: Matcha
Not just any Matcha will do. I have purchased 17 varities of Matcha and only one
has very clearly taken first place to my taste buds and that can be found right here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0101A2FFQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like my matcha with very little cream. A good matcha should have no bitter taste. Strictly earthy with the slightest
sweetness going down. It should have a strong aromatic that entices you to the cup. Honestly Matcha is the green tea for anyone who claims they hate green tea. It makes an excellent flavoring- with the remaining matcha's that are inferior taste, I cook with them to make things such as Matcha Crepe's.

Favorite Oolong
If I'm on a budget I do stick to Bigelow Oolong, but when I can splurge I love Yunnan Sourcing
more for their Tie Guan Yin variety of Oolong. https://yunnansourcing.com/collections/oolong-tea/products/imperial-tie-guan-yin-of-anxi-oolong-tea-of-fujian-spring-2018?variant=12138853990468
This tea is smooth enough to steal your girlfriend.

I like my oolong with just a bit of honey.

My favorite Chai Variety
Comes from David's Tea. A Canada based company whose selection of any tea is eclectic and fun.
Being a tea snob I find their teas either a big hit, or a miss. I like strength without a bitter recoil.
I want to taste a medley of flavors if you're gonan advertise them as such! And This Black Chai does
just that. https://www.davidstea.com/us_en/tea/chocolate-chili-chai/10248US01VAR0013107.html#q=Chai&srule=Price DESC&sz=12&start=8

I like my chai with cream. This specific Chai, I do add a pinch of cinnamon to just give a certain extra level.

Those are presently my top three, but if you have a super addiction to another variety of tea and are open to suggestions, just let me know and I'll be happy to geek out with ya.

Also, if you aren't a tea person or are feeling lost in the world of tea, give me a PING! I'm SURE I can find a tea
in your budget that you would love regularly- even those adamant on "Coffee only".

Millet - out!

Donator — Any Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/13 06:35:54 )
Im scared. I didnt know tea was so sophisticated. I'm a coffee person.
bubble tea looks cool tho??? idk im a sweets kinda girl. Im used to my ole redneck sweet tea
Please ping me!

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/13 07:17:31 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

It doesnt have to be fancy. For me, it was just once I had realized how many sources of tea there are, I couldnt go back! Its perfectly ok if anyones preferences are the boxed sachet's at your local stores- its purely what you enjoy!

Bubble tea, is essentially just the chewy tapioca pearls added to the tea of your choice (even if not tea at all haha). Newer varities have included fruit jellys instead of the tapioca.

I hughly recomend a Thai Tea (with or without the pearls) as its high caffeine, usually very sweetened like a liquid carrot cake. So if you ever stop into a shop (bubble tea) and dont know what to pick, thats my recommendation!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/13 23:23:53 )
Black tea with a bit of milk or chai with a bit of cream ❤
Call me ping me if you wanna reach me

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/14 10:52:32 )
Definitely a coffee person but i rlly enjoyed ice tea i made w a fruit infusion (no actual tea leaves involved) of mango and passion fruit (i guess also apple bits and the like) and honey
Other than that honestly i dont even drink good coffee so i wouldn't know.
tumblr.
literally always ping me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.