Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Back Pack or Book Bag?

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 23:52:12 )
@Concentricity: I completely forgot about messenger bags. I really love them, but it drives me nuts when its slapping on the back of my legs or on the top of my legs. Dx

Donator — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 23:55:32 )
@Concentricity: Oooh messenger bags. Now that's what I'm talking about. lol

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 23:56:55 )
@Shark: Yeah, I goofed. XD I looked up saddle bags, and they're like the old school mail carrying purses. XDDD
@Queen Prisma: I had one my first year of college but all the walking I did really ruined my shoulder and hip those semesters. I just went back to a regular backpack after that.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 00:01:08 )
@Concentricity: Ugh, I don't think that wearing both is good for your back, but I do agree with you. I was switching out bags ever week or so in highschool. One week would be the messenger bag, while another week was a back pack. I think on my last week of highschool, I just used a small messenger bag just to carry my sketch pad and pencils.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 00:06:37 )
@Queen Prisma: I luckily didn't have a lot to carry my high school days.
College books and supplies are way worse. Plus I was a graphic design student and had to carry my art easel and drawing pad everywhere. Not fun times when you were on a bus standing up with no room to sit. T_T

Donator — 404Error Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 00:10:05 )
I call the one I use a back pack. And most everyone at my school did as well, so it must be where you live.

Voltie — Degenerate Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 00:12:22 )
Backpack, 100%.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 00:45:07 )
@Concentricity: Oh my, that IS bad. :( I didn't go to collage, so I really can't relate. One person suggested I should try and major in art, but I see it more as a hobby more than anything. I really wanted to go in to be a child psychologist.

@Zach: I lived just a bit everywhere, so I really can't relate it to where I live. Added to the list.

@Daddy: Added

Donator — 404Error Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 00:46:25 )
I live in Idaho ? But maybe different parts call it different things

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 00:47:40 )
@Queen Prisma: I did it as a hobby for so long but was able to make a career out of it. I really love doing it as both still. I get lots of cool work from people to bulk up my portfolio, and then I get to draw what I want still on the side. :3

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 00:50:12 )
Backpack is was I always called it.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 00:53:44 )
@Concentricity: That's awesome. :) I'd love to see your work when I can. I can't see any of it at the moment since the wifi is pretty poopy at work. I'm lucky I can see some images on here, but other images aren't so lucky.
I've had a few friends suggest to me that I should probably sell my art for real moneys, but I told them that I didn't see the point in it plus lack the self confidence to do it. One of my friend's insisted that I go put it up in a gallery (my drawn art that is) and I told him no, it ain't THAT good. xD Half the time I don't even color it in, I'm lucky if I remotely finish it.

@Totalanimefan: Added you to the list. So far that makes 8 people who said its called a backpack. xD

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 00:57:02 )
@Queen Prisma: I've got a lot of different stuff outside what I've got shown in my shop. Most of my art is a lot more detailed than just people-drawing. It took me a while to get confidence, but getting through art school and all the critiques is REALLY a way to thicken your skin. I say you should go for it if others say you should. Clearly there's a desire for your art. :)

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 01:01:52 )
@Concentricity: Its mostly with friends that has that desire, not so much every where else. Its a major nightmare just trying to get commissions on Gaia (its nuts there, don't go there!) on trying to draw my drawn stuff. My pixel is the easiest to sell, but I get a little tired of it. I'm nice and draw stuff for my friend's if they ask. I've drawn at least 2 things for a friend that was of his character's for his book. I kinda sucked on his male character, but he was able to get a better drawn reference, which was good. I did a pretty good job on his female character.

Ugh, I don't really like other people critiquing my work. I barely let my friends do it, but I only ask if I need the help. Its mostly for males and some NSFW art that I've done.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 01:06:22 )
Thanks!
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 03:57:29 )
When I actually used it for school I called it a book bag. Now I've got a few of varying sizes that I use as a daily bag when I'm planning to carry more stuff with me, I usually refer to it as a back pack.
Please @ me.
My mind wanders so that ensures I come back.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 05:11:34 )
@Niamh: I'll count that as calling it both. :)

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 05:13:29 )
i called it a bookbag when i was in school and now i call it a backpack cause it carries other things.
like my laptop and clothes when i travel lol
so i guess backpack?

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 05:48:52 )
@pixiebuns: Makes since. Do you think it might be best to say both? Might as well ask.
Please ping me to get my attention

Pixel art by me
Click here for my twitter and other things.

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 05:49:40 )
@Queen Prisma: maybe both. cause i still catch myself using them interchangeably c:

ping me
Art in sig by Seo
Art in post by Cedes
Hangout

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.