Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Grocery Shopping- Love/Hate Relationship

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 22:04:38 )
I don't mind grocery shopping...
I really don't.
It's the spending money and the buying stuff OTHER people would like. =_=
Though the SO doesn't help.
"Just food" is his reply, and then I'm the only one that eats the snacks. >.<

Anyway; I need some ideas for snacks and dinner paraphernalia.
Ideas? ouo
Recipes?
Favourites?

No allergies, I just don't like beans or avocado (gross).

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 23:53:23 )
I hate grocery shopping, it's a pain to get there because I have to drive on the highway during rush hour (no other time to do it except weekends and fuuuuck that lmao) so traffic is a pain. :(

For recipes, maybe a pizza or stromboli? I buy some dough then put whatever I want in it with a bunch of Mozerella and stick it in the oven for ~20 mins at 400°. Super easy and makes many portions.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 00:02:30 )

[x]

pls don't

Donator — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 00:24:18 )
I mostly get the same stuff every time. my mom is a pain sometimes when we shop for food. She gets cranky, lol.
Snacks for what? Parties? Watching football?

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — DirtyHobo Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 00:49:26 )
For snacks I normally make bagel pizzas because I'm lazy <~<.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 01:01:08 )
I hate shopping unless it's really late at night so the aisle aren't crowded; I start feeling anxious if it's too crowded :vanora_sweat:

Spag Bol, lasagna, cottage pie, jacket potatoes and curry are all favourites here and super simple to do as well.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 04:28:18 )
@Lily: Ooo I need to try that cocoa powder the next time I make chili. Sometimes I like to add in just a little brown sugar to the meat which I usually cook separately.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 09:00:43 )
I like to go there but picking out a list can be hard. My husband doesn't help too much with what we should buy. What kinds of things do you like to eat?
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 20:34:51 )
@Lily: My family absolutely hates my chili whenever I do that though. Lol my ex loved it though, and would have me make it for him often. But the opposite can also be true, spicy making something sweeter. Like whenever I make hot chocolate I always add in a little chili powder to it.

As to the threads topic. My mother HATES shopping with a fierce and mighty passion. Which is why we only go once and month and get all of the month's food in one go. She gets paid once a month anyway, but yeah we get weird looks all time for doing that though.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 05:43:42 )
I used to hate grocery shopping but it's actually become a way I can escape from home. There are days, like today, where I'm so stressed by what's going on at home I needed that time to myself.
I'm terrible with snacks, I don't do very well managing snack foods or lunch foods. And dinners are usually the same few rotated. I really enjoy red curry chicken and rice, chicken casserole, beef and broccoli, taco salad...
Please @ me.
My mind wanders so that ensures I come back.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.