Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts The Reaper's Pub (Character Chat/Hangout)

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/22 13:55:19 )
"I understand, it's fine," Luc waved it off. "Sure, just pick whatever tea you think is best..." He trailed off, staring into space as a thought occurred to him about money.

"Hey, would you say your place is cheap, normal, or fancy?" He coughed. "I mean...just don't pick something that's like 10k a glass, please?"

"Hmm, an ID?" he smirked slightly, watching Faust flick Viceroy in the forehead. "Maybe I really should get one some day...hmm." Luc groaned, imaging the effort it would take.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/23 03:26:45 )
"Um... it's a pub. I wouldn't call it fancy. And don't worry, I don't have any tea that would be that expensive," Faust says with a chuckle, "Maybe you should..."

He puts the finishing touches on Eruca's drink and pushes it towards her.
"Here you go."

Viceroy walks behind the bar grumbling. He begins rifling through the cabinets.
"Teas are on top shelf to the right," Faust says quickly.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/23 13:38:08 )
Luc chuckled, "Well, whoever said a pub couldn't be fancy?" He paused to ponder if he had seen any fancy pubs before. "Ah, thanks," he nodded. It was good to know that.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/23 19:35:10 )
"Well, I don't think you'll find a fancy pub in these parts," Faust smiles.

Viceroy begins pulling out a box of tea when Faust stops him.
"I need the purple tin in the back, if you please, Viceroy."
"Huh? Okay."
Viceroy hands Faust the purple tin.
Faust gets out a mug and a tea infuser. He sprinkles a few tablespoons of the tea leaves.
"Now it just needs to steep," Faust mumbles slightly to himself as he pours hot water over them.

"I'm surprised Burnt and Floof haven't shown themselves," Viceroy said while looking about.
"They might be hiding from strangers."

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/25 04:23:32 )
Ignoring Jazz's words, though not before sending a quick glare his way, Nala rubbed that back of her head in embarrassment. "Oh, I meant more..." She paused, looking for the right words. Talking to people wasn't her strong point. She hadn't meant tea. She had meant a light alcohol that wouldn't get her wasted but would just calm her nerves. Only, she wasn't sure how to request that. She didn't want to seem rude since Faust had already suggested the tea. Her anxiety began to rise as she glanced to Luc and Jazz for some assistance.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/25 04:49:20 )
Faust looks up from the tea he’s making for Luc when he hears Nala.
“What is it you want?”

Voltie — Obnoxious Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/25 13:59:10 )
*looks at Faust and ruffles Nala's hair* She's more of a long island iced tea type of person ^^

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 00:41:09 )
"Ah, anything in particular then? I'd need to see ID," Faust says smiling at Nala, "... You have one, right?"

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 01:35:08 )
Relieved that her friend had noticed her little issue, Nala gave Jazz a smile to relay a 'thank you' before turning her eyes back to Faust, feeling a tiny bit better. "Yup, I do." She reached in her pocket and pulled out a wallet with her ID and showed it to him. The age on the card reveled her to be 29, meaning, unless they had changed the law, she was able to drink. "Here you go." She slid the card across the bar so that he could see. "And nah, I'm not too picky...when it comes to drinks t least." She giggled.

Voltie — Obnoxious Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 01:39:49 )
*Pays for the drink and sits on the stool next to nala* Long day huh nala, Taking the chance to relax and smile?
*looks at Faust and slides him his idea showing 33* Whiskey and coke please?

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 02:55:16 )
Faust picks up Nala's ID to examine it closer. Satisfied he hands it back to her. He eyes Jazz's suspiciously though and scrutinizes it more. He honestly wasn't sure if he should be giving this person alcohol. Was he even completely sober when he walked into the pub? His behavior was kind of erratic. Though some people were naturally this way... He still did not feel comfortable giving this man alcohol. Was he even thirty-three? He didn't really look it. Faust narrowed his eyes a bit at Jazz. He wondered if he could hand him a plain Coke without whiskey and see if he'd notice.
Still holding Jazz's ID, he turns to Nala and says, "I can make one of our specialty drinks for you."
"And, Viceroy, can you take a look at this?" he asked, handing Viceroy the ID. Viceroy wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but he could be unusually perceptive when it came to certain things.

Viceroy looked from the ID to Jazz scrutinizing both carefully.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 17:10:03 )
As Nala was putting away her ID, she couldn't help but glance up. Faust was giving Jazz SUCH a look. It was taking everything in her power to not burst out laughing. At one point, she even had to cover her mouth. "T-that would be great. Thank you." She smiled, trying to keep her face together. While admittedly she knew nothing about these two men, Fraust and Viceroy, if they kept this up, she planned on staying her for awhile. Never in the time that she has known Jazz had anyone done this. Where was popcorn when you needed it?

Voltie — Obnoxious Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 17:24:01 )
*glares at faust* It's not fake, Who'd pretend to be THAT old!
*looks at nala and smacks the back of her head* Why won't you ever be nice?! Huh? I always feed you taco's and snacks but Noooooo You gotta be a butt face!

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 01:17:02 )
"Some kid walked in here once with a fake ID that said he was 54," Viceroy said.
"They were an idiot and whoever gave them that crappy fake ID was also an idiot and that wasn't the only thing wrong with it," Faust said annoyed, "But yeah, you'd be surprised by how old people will try to pretend to be to buy alcohol."
"I don't see anything wrong with it but..." Viceroy said.
Faust turns to Nala, "Can you vouch for him? Oh and can you have lemons and things lemons in them? I don't want anyone having an allergic reaction to anything here."

Faust quickly remembered the tea for Luc and took the steeper out and gently pressed on the tea leaves with a spoon to drain any extra liquid. He slides it to him along with a tray of sugar cubes.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/29 21:17:33 )
Nala whined the moment his hand collided with her head. "Hey!" She shouted with a pout, rubbing where he had hit.
For a split second, she thought of making up some lie to say he wasn't supposed to be drinking. Faust wouldn't be any wiser and Jazz would get what he deserved. In the end, she couldn't be 'mean' like that. "He's of age." She nodded. "Even if he doesn't act like it. And lemons are fine with me." She smiled, getting very excited for the drink. She may have been a picky eater but tasting new drinks was lots of fun.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 01:59:09 )
Faust nods to Viceroy and Viceroy hands the ID back to Jazz still looking at him funny. Like you could tell anyways with all the hair in his face.
"Cool," Faust said then cursed himself for saying something like "cool". He was starting to sound like Viceroy.
"Viceroy, you fix up the coke and Whiskey."
"But why do I have to-" Faust shot him a look that cut him off. "Yeesh, if looks could kill," Viceroy said while rolling his eyes.
Faust grimaced at Viceroy before getting a bottle of rum, lemons, and limes out.
Viceroy mixed the coke and whiskey and slid it across the bar to Jazz. Afterwards he turned to watch Faust make up a batch of fresh lemon limeade.
"I don't use a lot of sugar in the lemonade, especially for this drink, so is okay if it's a bit sour?" Faust asked Nala.

Voltie — Obnoxious Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 17:25:21 )
*looks at faust concernedly and sips his drink* I should be asking your age if you use words like cool as a sentence to someone.
*pushes nala with his shoulder then looks at faust again* She'll be fine, She can be a sour pus at times. Esp if she doesn't have coffee.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 23:47:06 )
Nala watched with extreme interest and curiosity as the drinks were being made. She had never actually been to a bar or pub before. It was very exciting, nerve racking and intriguing all at the same time. The people here seemed nice and her friends were around her, thus successfully pushing her anxiety away a little bit at a time. "Sour is okay with me." She said with a genuine smile that lit up her eyes. She nudged Jazz back with her own shoulder and rolled her eyes at his comment but the smile didn't leave.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/2 18:16:35 )
Faust grimaced. He had only said cool because he'd been living with Viceroy too long. Viceroy was rubbing off on him and that was annoying. His face then turned amused. He was curious what age these people actually thought he was. He knew from experience that most people thought he was in his twenties based on his looks alone.
"How old do you think I am?" Faust asked casually while pouring the lemon limeade and a shot of rum into a cocktail mixer and giving it a flip.
Viceroy groaned quietly. This "game" Faust played could take a long time and made some people uncomfortable. Though he didn't know Faust's real age either so maybe he'd let Faust have his fun if only to find out his real age.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 02:23:48 )
The question caught Nala so off guard, she wasn't sure how to respond at first. Had she heard wrong? She had two options here. She could go for the truthful approach. The con to this was, it may come off as rude, which is not something she wanted to really do. The second option was to guess a safe number that likely wasn't his real age. Though, maybe he would find that rude as well? Her brown eyes studied him for a moment before coming to an answer; honesty.

"Late twenties, early thirties maybe?" She questioned.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.